• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Hey guys just wondering how everyone here would feel about an RP based around the player being a reaper (think Grim Reaper). This is an excerpt from my draft below.

Spoiler:

Basically the players are given missions to complete that follow an overall plot and relate to the various duties of reapers.

That sounds really awesome, I'd definitely be interested in a roleplay like that! I'd love to read more about it C:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Hey guys just wondering how everyone here would feel about an RP based around the player being a reaper (think Grim Reaper). This is an excerpt from my draft below.

Spoiler:

Basically the players are given missions to complete that follow an overall plot and relate to the various duties of reapers.
By "Sentient", are you sure you don't mean "Sapient"? It could go either way, but people often confuse them.

If I were an Anti-Reaper, I'd want a snazzier group-name. Just sayin'. ;P

Years
haha I'm going to think of a better name for them and as soon as I do I'll use it, suggestions?

Sentient meaning able to feel and understand things (I'm assuming Sapient is referring to human-like) (There'd be no need before it since there can be no good or evil without it)

If anybody is interested PM and I'm happy to give you any further information you'd like (I'm also open to a more experienced RPer co-gming)

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
haha I'm going to think of a better name for them and as soon as I do I'll use it, suggestions?

Sentient meaning able to feel and understand things (I'm assuming Sapient is referring to human-like) (There'd be no need before it since there can be no good or evil without it)

If anybody is interested PM and I'm happy to give you any further information you'd like (I'm also open to a more experienced RPer co-gming)

Sentient means feeling/perceiving with senses and sapient means wise/thinking, both coming from Latin (Sentiens and sapiens)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Thank you! I will check out The Pokémon Trainer Academy and the Roleplay Lounge.

I might just do that. Is there any place where I can learn to become a GM or is it just "learn by experience"?

If you want to learn how to GM, it can be a way of experience. I learned how to be a GM by spectating roleplays and whatnot. However, there's a section about GMing a roleplay in this lovely guide here, where it explains *how* to GM a roleplay, *what* a GM does in a roleplay, as well as *why* being a GM is fun, but also tedious. My way of learning is to spectate a roleplay, but you are more than welcome to ask any questions regarding that anytime. Us roleplayers are more than happy to answer them. <3

By the way, welcome aboard! Like fortworth mentioned, The Pokemon Trainer Academy is a great roleplay to start at and currently it has a ton of spots open at this time. Why not join? Also, check this thread (more so the last post of the thread) to see which roleplays have just been approved and *should* have open spots at this time. Good luck, and again, don't hesitate to ask for help. :D

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Thank you Leaf Storm!

I will check out the forum about the GM. I will definitely make sure to ask if I have any questions. :)

I have checked out The Pokémon Trainer Academy. I am in the process of the making my own character to present. They have a lot of information that I still have to go over with them also.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and all the help :) I hope to see some of you in RPs sometime!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
WOLFY.EXE HAS CRASHED
REBOOT APPLICATION?
Y/N

y

REBOOTING WOLFY.EXE
REBOOT SUCCESSFUL.
LAUNCH APPLICATION?
Y/N

y

LAUNCHING WOLFY.EXE

Once again, I have chosen to 'Supernova' as some of you may recall happening in the past. My shoddy post quality is a mixture of stress, time restraint, and personal problems. However, despite these issues, I've rebooted myself, which means a new Avatar and Signature (both of which I made myself), Profile Colors, Details, and an all-new Post Format.

I am Reborn. Rebooted. Refreshed.

Thank you for your time.
‹WOLFY›

OH MY GOD, ROBOT! ROBOT! ROBOT!!!!

@gimmiepie - That certainly sounds like a most interesting idea . . . I'd certainly like to try it out. Just, well, obviously it needs expansion and more detail, but . . . anti-Reapers sounds boring, as Lilizuki said, lol. d: (darn it Skymin, I'm using your weird form of the "tongue" smilie xD)

@machomuu - Lies! Or not . . . I'm honestly not sure. Let's call in the false deity Supervegeta and se what he has to say about it. d:

Years
@Nakazumi: I have put quite a bit more detail into it and I am still refining it. I'm happy to PM those of you who are interested when it is up if you'd like.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I've been working a bit on the idea I mentioned earlier, and this is what I've come up with so far.
Spoiler:

This is going to go through a lot of changes, especially the plot. Which, of course, isn't anywhere near finished yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It's amazing to see all these new RP ideas and the Roleplay Corner certainly grows with more RPs. I just want to throw a gentle reminder out there for people to remember to have fun and care about the RPs they are already playing in as well :3

Nakuzami

Years
Another Roleplay Library asdfghjkl I should have called the role of Librarian I didn't even think of that, darn you Rika.
Lol xD

@fortworth - That certainly sounds like a good idea, but I must add something. Without imagination, progress wouldn't just stop: people would become bland drones that simply moved on with little purpose. About 99.99% of our society today is the results of countless imaginations, so most of that would be lost. This would range from things like space programs to something as simple as fancy foods.
Unless you plan to keep imagination and creativity separate, somehow?
I just thought that you should expand on those things. d:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ahaha. Too bad. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it updated. I am now *puts on glasses, not sunglasses but nerdy bookworm glasses* THE librarian.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Kudos to Rika for making the RP Library. :) It makes things a lot easier for roleplayers new or old to check out which roleplay is up and alive.

Nakuzami

Years
Suddenly, everyone becomes literate and organized and all wanting to take care of stuff. Not a bad thing.

Pfft! For me, this is not so sudden! I AM A LITERARY GENIUS. (I've actually kind of wanted to do it since it was Ichiro's job, lol)

Now you need to alter your profile so that it says "Also Known As: THE Librarian". Lol. d:

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Kudos to Rika for making the RP Library. :) It makes things a lot easier for roleplayers new or old to check out which roleplay is up and alive.

Yeah I agree, the RP Library is a great addition! Very useful as well, I might add. But just out of curiosity, what happened to the old one?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Yeah I agree, the RP Library is a great addition! Very useful as well, I might add. But just out of curiosity, what happened to the old one?

It died of neglect, literally speaking. No one paid attention to it (most people didn't even notice it was there or gone), and Ichiro (the person who was managing it) didn't manage it regularly, if much at all.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Another Roleplay Library asdfghjkl I should have called the role of Librarian I didn't even think of that, darn you Rika.
Lol xD

@fortworth - That certainly sounds like a good idea, but I must add something. Without imagination, progress wouldn't just stop: people would become bland drones that simply moved on with little purpose. About 99.99% of our society today is the results of countless imaginations, so most of that would be lost. This would range from things like space programs to something as simple as fancy foods.
Unless you plan to keep imagination and creativity separate, somehow?
I just thought that you should expand on those things. d:
Yeah, it has a long ways to go before it's ready to start XD Imagination and creativity will each have some differences, I just have to sort out what they're going to be. The whole thing I'm planning to launch the RP off with is an attempt to revive Imagination before it's lost for good. Of course, I still have Fargona to run and RPs to participate in, so the planning will be rather slow.

Ahaha. Too bad. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it updated. I am now *puts on glasses, not sunglasses but nerdy bookworm glasses* THE librarian.
Reading my mind, eh? I see how it is :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back