• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon were real... (Part 2)

Frokage

The legendary curse
Years
If Pokémon were real.. Fights would be illegal and we'd just have to pay even more taxes for every Pokémon we catch. Pokécenters would be a rip-off and they'd charge you an overpriced amount for only a few hours of taking care of your hurt Pokémon. (Police would probably stand by too as they'd wonder how your Pokémon got hurt.)

~Just kidding though. ^^ (Or am I..? Tu-du-du-dum)
But if Pokémon real and we all agree on peace being kept and such, I would definitely start traveling around the world. Not to acquire badges and to become the best trainer, but to research these creatures and stop the utterly violent ones from going on a rampage and tearing huge parts of land apart. I'd love to see and take notes of every last Pokémon there is, even though that's impossible for some of the legendaries. My goal would be to increase my knowledge and keep the harmony between people and Pokémon.

My team would be..
-Lapras (to cross the seas). Lapras is said to be a highly intelligent Pokémon as well as an excellent ferry. It's capable of understanding human speech and grows a very close bond with its trainer. They also sing songs according to their mood (or that of its trainer.)

-Ninetales, as it is also very intelligent. It can understand human speech and can take control of its foes mind with the sinister glint from its eyes. An astonishingly beautiful Pokémon at that, as well.

-Espeon as my most loyal partner. Able to predict the wheather and its foes next move, Espeon is a valuable asset to my team. Not to forget that Espeon can launch some devastating psychic moves, too.

-Serperior. It can stop an opponent from moving simply by the glare of its noble eyes. It will go all out against strong opponents that aren't intimidated.

-Hydreigon as the terror force in my team. This Pokémon isn't the smartest, but definitely the strongest in my team. I'll keep it hidden until all out measures must be taken.

-Ditto. This will be the Pokémon I'll use mainly to research other species. It's seen to be very loyal as well. :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
If Pokemon were real, everybody would be studying Pokemon in school instead of boring stuff and the whole world would be happy! (maybe except Team Rocket and other teams)

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I don't think that I would be a very competitive trainer. I'd want my Pokemon mostly for companionship.

I know that I would for sure love to have a Miltank, an Azumarill, a Piplup, Eevee (which I would probably evolve into a Sylveon)...and then, I don't know. Maybe I'd catch some more, maybe not.

I'd love to have an academic career with Pokemon rather than a competitive one.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
If really they were real. I would really love them. Make them my pet. And treat them well. Train them hard and also train them carefully. I would do my best to be the best Pokemon trainer. I hope they become real. But its good to dream. But it can't happen really. But we just need to believe in ourself and maybe, maybe one day, it becomes truth.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
There would be constant wars throughout the country. There would be less humans, and every kid around would want to be a Pokemon master!!

Years
Kids are still going bananas over the video games, never mind if Pokemon actually existed. Although, it would be neat to have a virtual reality where that's possible instead of bringing them into the real world; that would be catastrophic if you ask me...

Years
Pokemon actually existing? The culture shock between humans and Pokemon would be something else; I don't think a resident of the Pokemon universe could stand a place where battling is looked down upon as animal abuse. Chaos would reign as the fragile peace that holds modern humanity together is broken by honestly who knows. Villainous Teams would be everywhere trying to make profit and even world domination (though really isn't that the same in their native universe), native Earth species would be hunted to extinction by Pokemon needing space, yadda yadda yadda (though I find it interesting).

I don't really think it would be the sunshine and rainbows the games are, though people would find a way to persevere. We always do.

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Kids are still going bananas over the video games, never mind if Pokemon actually existed. Although, it would be neat to have a virtual reality where that's possible instead of bringing them into the real world; that would be catastrophic if you ask me...

Oh my f***in gosh. That VR idea is AWESOME. Thank you, bro. As a future Video Game Programmer, I'll make sure that one day it becomes a reality.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
I see you are already 10! Here, have a ♥♥♥♥ing fire breathing dragon!

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Well, using game logic, and that if our planet and way of life was able to cater to such creatures, I would be a trainer. Mostly a trainer to take down criminal organizations and such. But, more than likely just traveling the world, challenging and competing, helping and learning, and all that jazz.

My immediate six would, of course, be Arbok, Dustox, Maractus, Lickilicky, Starmie and Cofagrigus. Probably my dream team.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If Pokémon were real, I would most likely be just another trainer for now. Eventually, I'd turn myself into a teacher (since that's where I'm headed in real life) and start giving lessons in some Pokémon school. Haha.

Years
If Pokemon were real I'd be a pokemon Co-ordinator since I always loved contests and musicals in games and anime ^^ My team would be: Zorua, Serperior, Lucario, Glaceon, Houndoom and Mightyena ^^

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
If Pokémon were real, I'm genuinely curious as to how it would have affected technological development.

In the world of the games- most technology is on par with today, but Pokémon-specific tech is leagues beyond our capabilities.

However- I would be inclined to believe the opposite- a retardation of technology.

Think about it- would the Wright brothers even have bothered with the plane if they owned Pidgeots? Would Archimedes even have pondered upon the principles of the lever if there were Machamp around to lift the heavy things?

And where would medicine be at- if our ancestors simply relied on Chancey/Blissey/Audino?

The course of history would have been a very different thing indeed. Even geographically, considering Kyrogue and Groudon's little spat.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
If Pokémon were real, I'm genuinely curious as to how it would have affected technological development.

In the world of the games- most technology is on par with today, but Pokémon-specific tech is leagues beyond our capabilities.

However- I would be inclined to believe the opposite- a retardation of technology.

Think about it- would the Wright brothers even have bothered with the plane if they owned Pidgeots? Would Archimedes even have pondered upon the principles of the lever if there were Machamp around to lift the heavy things?

And where would medicine be at- if our ancestors simply relied on Chancey/Blissey/Audino?

The course of history would have been a very different thing indeed. Even geographically, considering Kyrogue and Groudon's little spat.

that was the most philosophical thing about pokemon i have ever heard. *sheds a single tear*

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
If Pokemon were real, humans wouldnt probably last more than a few days on Earth.
Pokemon are just way too powerful and strong, they would slowly conquer everything

Back