• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
everyone sry for stop posting my progress i have not been playing pokemon since a while because i am watching a forum of a game of tibia and pokemon if anyone wants to see the forums here is the page: pokemononline.com.br/forum

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
i will use fire red and i am going to do fighting

named my guy red
named rival green
started with squirtle
beat rival
got oaks parcel
got pokedex and 5 pokeballs
caught mankey(lv.3)
trained to lv.6
got low kick
got to viridan forest
beat the last bug catcher
mankey is lv.7
got past the viridan forest
beat brock
mankey is lv.10
got to mt.moon
mankey is lv.11
learned karate chop

team

56.png
lv.9
scratch
leer
low kick
hm slaves:

7.png
lv.13

tackle
water gun
bubble
withdraw

129.png
lv.5
splash

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
I've kept forgetting to update, so this will be a big one
IN CRYSTAL
-chose starter totodile (hm slave)
-got egg, beat rival ???
-caught hoppip and zubat
-beat falkner
-went to azelea and kicked out the rockets
-beat bugsy and ???
-went to goldenrod and beat whitney
-caught scyther and went to ecruteak
-beat morty and ???, encountered the legendary dogs
-visited jasmine in the lighthouse, then went to cianwood
-got the secretpotion, beat chuck and eusine
-went back to olivine and beat jasmine
-went to mahogany and caught red gyarados, met lance
-defeated the rockets yet again
-beat price for my 7th badge

CURRENTLY - preparing to go through ice cave

MY TEAM:
Crobat, lv 34 - bite, wing attack, leech life, confuse ray
Jumpluff, lv. 34 - headbutt, synthesis, stun spore, sleep powder
Scyther, lv. 34 - wing attack, agility, fury cutter, pursuit
Gyarados, lv. 34(shiny) - surf, bite, dragon rage, thrash
hm slaves - totodile, miltank (searching for one to learn cut and strength)

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
One question: are we allowed to trade version exclusives from the other versions when we reach the spot where the pokémon is available in the other cartridge? That would really help with Skarmory and Honchkrow.

I'll do Flying because there are so many dual-types. However, my Gold and Crystal cartridges are dead, and I lost my Silver many, many years ago. I may use a ROM without hacking, I may look for one in stores or I might ask for one for my upcoming birthday. Who knows? I'll restart my Sapphire because that thing is absolutely cluttered with hacked pokémon. I'm pondering doing Platinum rather than Pearl even if my Platinum file would be gone because I can do Gliscor then.

Blue planned team: Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Scyther, Golbat
G/S/C planned team: Gyarados, Dragonite, Crobat, Skarmory/Mantine, Pidgeot, Xatu
Sapphire planned team: Gyarados, Crobat, Skarmory, Tropius, Salamence, Altaria
P/Pt planned team: Gyarados, Crobat, Vespiquen, Honchkrow, Gliscor, Drifblim

Pearl/Platinum would be a hard one. There aren't too many Flying-types.

Anyway, I'm almost at Oak's lab in Blue. Yay for progress.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
Sorry haven't posted yet dispite joining a while back. Been busy with other stuff. Hope to actually start soon.

Mxp

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2009
Sceptile king, someone earlier did all fighting in blue and there is a girl in game that trades you a machoke, which will evolve into a machamp so it should be the same in firered

Last edited:

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
And me starting is getting put off until August, since I seem to be having problems with the rom I downloaded and there is no way I am downloading one while I am staying at a hotel.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Wiggletuff said:
Uhm... Okay, I feel stupid because I just realized everyone made a post requesting for a place. And since I posted before I read anything, I would like to request a normal type challenge now. But if that's not okay, then I guess I'll stop updating
Yeah, that's fine. I had already added you to the first page before I saw this part of your post, XD. The only real problem I suppose is if you went and started your challenge while misunderstanding the rules(which has happened in the past, heh). But hey, you're good to go. Good luck! :D

Mxp said:
Sceptile king, someone earlier did all fighting in blue and there is a girl in game that trades you a machoke, which will evolve into a machamp
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's only the case in Yellow Version. O_o

shadeofdusk said:
One question: are we allowed to trade version exclusives from the other versions when we reach the spot where the pokémon is available in the other cartridge? That would really help with Skarmory and Honchkrow.
Not really. If you want those, why not just use Silver and Diamond, respectively? ^^

raekuul: Thanks for answering some questions in my 'stead. ;D

Mxp

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2009
I dont know what version it was i just remember reading it like a week ago, so if its yellow then its yellow

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
alakazam, i have a question: if someone finishes the monotype, can we start again the monotype but with a diffirent type?

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2012
Hey, can I do Steel type?? I know it's not in 1st gen, but can I start using Rock in the 1st gen then switch to Steel after??

mikep

The sky tiger
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 9, 2017
6. Due to the fact that they didn't exist in RBY, Dark and Steel teams will be disallowed.

from the first post only the original types from r/b/y are allowed to be used

and another update from johto

trained my unown in sprout tower and got it to lvl 12 its hidden power is actually psychic type
beat falkner you can see the video here: youtube.com/watch?v=PY95cOceFpU

after that i went down and thru union cave, caught slowpoke, beat team rocket, beat rival and am now training to take on bugsy

current team:

unown: lvl 18
hidden power, psychic type (like you were expecting anything else)

slowpoke: lvl 19
watergun
swift
curse
tackle

and hm slave cyndaquil

also i am lvl hoppip and sunkern just till they learn synthesis and megadrain respectivly so i can breed them onto exeggcute when i catch it i hope thats not a violation of the rules as they wont be competing in anything but wild battles to lvl. and it wont be far

btw this update happened over the last few days and not all at once, would have gotten this done quicker but had overtime at work

Freya

Squee!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2016
I know it'll be hard, but can I try going for the dragon type?

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Having read through the thread, I have decided to start Electric, because no one likes electric. I'll start in red (because I'd like my Pika to evolve, thank you very much), then go through Silver, Emerald, and Platinum. I'll need a ROM for all of them...

Also, if anyone can help me, there are NO emulators that play GB, GBC, GBA, and DS. No$Gba won't play Game Boy (color) games, and VBA can't use DS.

EDIT: Aw shoot, I have to use Mareep. ArgelBlargel! That line is WAY to overated.

Planned ending teams:

Raichu: Honcho
Electrode: Power Ball
Jolteon: Gonzales
Maganton: Ragnarok
Electabuzz: Skipper

Ampharos: Dumby
Magnaton: Magneeto
Electrode: OrboAwsmns (Orb of Awesomeness)
Lanturn: Sancho
Electabuzz: Billina (no odd egg...)
Jolteon: Megavolt

Manectric: Zapster
Raichu: Blade
Magnaton: Magna-orb
Lanturn: Double A
Minun: Olmar
Plusle: Louie

Luxray: Ion
Rotom: Motor (Ha ha, non-legend status FTW!)
Magnazone: CurrentEvo (my team captain shows off it's true form!)
Electivire: Wivern
Jolteon: Zappo
Raichu: Light Ball

How do you like?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back