• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ I was thinking that too. Cause getting Everstones can be a pain... -glares at Christian Challenge-

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
The Pokémon that won't worry me are:
Clefairy, Eelektrik, Gloom, Jigglypuff, Lampent, Lombre, Nidorina, Nidorino, Nuzleaf, Pikachu, Poliwhirl, Roselia, Togetic, Weepinbell, Boldore, Dusclops, Electabuzz, Graveler, Gurdurr, Haunter, Kadabra, Machoke, Magmar, Porygon2, Rhydon, Seadra and Piloswine.
Too bad half of them get evolutions later...

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
Gurrdurr is awesome. :D Also, I have to point out that the member view of this forum is SO much nicer than the mod view. None of those ugly deleted threads, lol. It's so hard to just get around the forum because of all the deleted threads. /guess who lolz

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
So I had a thought u guys, if Black 2 and White 2 have a different storyline than regular BW (there has to be a reason they didn't just make Grey) then all our challenges will have to add B2/W2 as a sixth game to be played for ultimates.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
So I had a thought u guys, if Black 2 and White 2 have a different storyline than regular BW (there has to be a reason they didn't just make Grey) then all our challenges will have to add B2/W2 as a sixth game to be played for ultimates.
Holy crap, I didn't even think about that. Well, the Jap versions are out in July (right?) and the English ones are out in the fall. The good news for all of us challengers involved is that the games are being made for the DS, so we can still use emulators (sigh of relief).

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Holy crap, I didn't even think about that. Well, the Jap versions are out in July (right?) and the English ones are out in the fall. The good news for all of us challengers involved is that the games are being made for the DS, so we can still use emulators (sigh of relief).

Actually, Japan gets it in June. For us it's Fall. I hate using emulators, so I'll just wait for the DS cartridges to come out here and then get both versions, one for my main file and one for challenges.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2012
Underlevel Challenge

I did this once in Fire Red; I have no immediate plans on doing it again and publicly chronicling it; though other people may want to. I think this is only possible in newer gen games, as the older ones, simply do not have the strategic depth for one to manage.

Rules:

1. For all gym leaders under level 20; you may not challenge unless your average level is under half of there's.

2. For all gym leaders over level 20; you may not challenge unless you have at least a 10 level disadvantage.

3. You may not use any pokemon over level 30; except, during the Elite Four; AND those pokemon must be 30 or lower when starting (the amount of experienced gained would make it impossible to stay below 30).

That's it. Use strategy over brute force; no grinding, just use low level pokemon.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I did this once in Fire Red; I have no immediate plans on doing it again and publicly chronicling it; though other people may want to. I think this is only possible in newer gen games, as the older ones, simply do not have the strategic depth for one to manage.

Rules:

1. For all gym leaders under level 20; you may not challenge unless your average level is under half of there's.

2. For all gym leaders over level 20; you may not challenge unless you have at least a 10 level disadvantage.

3. You may not use any pokemon over level 30; except, during the Elite Four; AND those pokemon must be 30 or lower when starting (the amount of experienced gained would make it impossible to stay below 30).

That's it. Use strategy over brute force; no grinding, just use low level pokemon.
I mean, as for the Elite Four, you'd just have to get lucky with Evade/Paralyze/Confusehax. Because let me tell you, a lv. 30 Victreebel with Double Team/Growth/Solar Beam/Mega Drain does not seem like a laughing matter if he gets 6 stacks of Double Team and Growth down. Or maybe a Scyther with Swords Dance and Slash. Basically, I the general strategy would just be to Double Team up, then max your Attack/Special, then destroy the other Pokemon with strong, beefed up moves. As for second gen, would there be any leniency for Red? Like say a team of 40's? Because he'd be 30-40 levels higher than you still. Assuming I could make it to Red, I would probably lead with Double Team/Defense Curl/Rollout/Curse Graveler. I'd still be counting on Double Team Hax, but meh. At least I know I can get a couple off on Pikachu.

I think I'm going to try this once I finish the colors on RBY.

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I thought Ultimates were just based off doing a game in each region.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I thought a challenge with pokemon you hate. For example I hate quagsire and bibarel so I go do a playtrhough with those two pokemon. But I don't have time now otherwise I have done it. Well it's kinda like the favourite challenge.

vaporeon7

Years
I thought a challenge with pokemon you hate. For example I hate quagsire and bibarel so I go do a playtrhough with those two pokemon. But I don't have time now otherwise I have done it. Well it's kinda like the favourite challenge.

I don't think I, or many people would have the motivation to go through with a challenge only using Pokémon they hate.

vaporeon7

Years
Well I decided to do a username challenge as the challenge I do when I have a few free minutes at school. I love the speed button, it makes battling and grinding much quicker. I suppose it's about time I do another challenge where I do quality updates and play slow and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
Hello folks! I am looking for a challenge that will offer me a particular opportunity. I Think it can be asked here?

The goal I am looking for is to draw every single pokemon in a "Gijinka" form. Now, I'm certain that will take forever, even more than if it was just the pokemon itself. I also don't want to draw them sooo often that it would take me a whole month until I reach the first badge. I want a more casual rythm. The reason I want it as a challenge is because I know I'd fail at getting myself to work without one.

So, what can you guys propose me? I'd prefer the Challenge to happen on a NDS game, hack or not. I can also use cheats, thought I'd prefer if it is manageable through PokeGen.

I don't think I, or many people would have the motivation to go through with a challenge only using Pokémon they hate.

Actually, when I make a theme, I try as much as possible to pick pokemons I hate or never played. Poltergeist theme: GARBODOR! HECK YEAH! I'd like to have played with every single pokemon once. Heck, someday, I should make a run using only those lame Normal pokemons that we get to meet at the very first route.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hello folks! I am looking for a challenge that will offer me a particular opportunity. I Think it can be asked here?

The goal I am looking for is to draw every single pokemon in a "Gijinka" form. Now, I'm certain that will take forever, even more than if it was just the pokemon itself. I also don't want to draw them sooo often that it would take me a whole month until I reach the first badge. I want a more casual rythm. The reason I want it as a challenge is because I know I'd fail at getting myself to work without one.

So, what can you guys propose me? I'd prefer the Challenge to happen on a NDS game, hack or not. I can also use cheats, thought I'd prefer if it is manageable through PokeGen.

Actually, when I make a theme, I try as much as possible to pick pokemons I hate or never played. Poltergeist theme: GARBODOR! HECK YEAH! I'd like to have played with every single pokemon once. Heck, someday, I should make a run using only those lame Normal pokemons that we get to meet at the very first route.

What do you mean "draw them so often that it would take a month to reach the first badge? If you wanted to draw all of them, naturally the best idea would be a Catch 'Em All challenge. Basically, you just capture all the Pokemon available in the game. I mean, it would certainly make it easy for you to know which ones you drew, you could just look in your Pokedex. I've done a couple of these, and basically, I just go to a Route and try to catch everyone on the route. When I do that, I move on to a new place. Eventually, I'm just left with a few, and then its pretty easy to just go back and fill in the Pokedex.

"Heck, someday, I should make a run using only those lame Normal Pokemons that we get to meet at the very first route."- There was actually a challenge once upon a time called the First Route Challenge, where that's basically what you did. I mean, you could use anyone on the first Route, but there's really not much to choose from.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
By "draw them so often that it would take a month to reach the first badge?", I mean of course that I don't just want to capture pokemons as soon as they are available and draw them as soon as I capture them. Using the hack of Blaze Black/Volt White, I'd have done like 30 drawings before the first gym. That's what I mean, I want something more casual, even if it's split into multiple runs.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Maybe do a Hall of Fame challenge if you don't mind doing multiple runs? The basic goal is to get all the Pokemon in the hall of Fame, so you basically get a team of 6, then restart once you beat the Elite Four. Its more time consuming, but it sounds like something you might like. You could even just do it to where you only use fully evolved Pokemon instead of doing every single Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
And to add on to that, you don't have to restart the game over and over. You can use the same file, or opt not to. Depends on the game. In BW, I just kept the same file so that I could have them all listed in my hall of fame. And another thing, there's no thread for this challenge. I kinda just made it up on the fly, and though people have asked me to make a thread or if they could make a thread, I just think it's better off being a personal challenge. The updates usually come far and few in between, and not many people want to do it, so it would fall into inactivity quickly. If you do decide to do it though, since there's no thread for the challenge, feel free to post your updates in a journey journal that corresponds to the game you decide to use.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
That would be too long. I'm pretty much already doing this every run I do, avoiding pokemons I've already used.

Guess it'd be easier to find a rule if I already set how often I should draw between two badges. Let's say... 3 to 5 drawings between each Gym? Or 1 drawing per 1 or 2 days?

Edit: I'd also like something where I can only use two pokemons of the same specie at the same time, just to say I get to draw the male and female gijinka versions of a pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back