• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Our World Today: Better? or Worse? Or Both? (Revived)

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Since the old topic died, I thought I'd revive it.

Personally, I see it both ways:

Pros- Better Medicine
Cons-The current Medicine only goes so far... and right around now it's struggling to keep up with the latest epidemics.

Pros- Advancing Technology, makes things easier
Cons- Needs more power... thus we use more of our resourses.

Cons- These wars going on.
Stupid humans. Can't you go ONE Century without killing each other?

--------

As for the "Economic Crisis" and the whole "Global Warming Phenomenon"...

Chill out. This Economy thing is just a cycle that occurs about every 52 years. There isn't much you can do about it. Same with the Global Warming thing, it's part of a cycle that occurs naturally every few million years. Nothing much you humans can do but try to survive...

--------

I guess you can say I see it both ways...

supertails

Dictator
Years
Actually global warming is real and the last time the economy was bad was in the 90's. Also when you say better medicine do you mean the rest of the world or just the US because if you're talking about the rest of the world your right but if you talking about the US then you're wrong because all the medicine companies in the US has to do is prove the medicine is better then a prosebo, and most US medicine companies don't even try to find cure, that's so they can give you the same pill or another pill for the rest of your life. Also the better technology use less power not more but it does make people lazier.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Actually global warming is real
She didn't say it's not real, just that humans aren't the prime cause of it.

I think the only main bad things about the human world are the overpopulation (due to things like better medicine meaning more humans survive, so really I wouldn't say medicine beyond herbs and stuff is a good thing), deforestation and how resources aren't evenly spread amongst countries Africa is mostly a hunter-gatherer place, they should actually be fine...

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Not completely. We're just smack dab in the middle of two Ice Ages. In other words, it gets really warm for some time...

Just look at my chart: (In attachments)

For all we know, we might be complaining to our grandkids (or Great-Grandkids if ur lucky) about how cold it is compared to now.

And Cassino, I'm a girl.

EDIT: I dislike touch technology. (Except the Nintendo DS)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Your chart is wrong. I don't even have to look at it to know.
Not necessarily, it is a scientific fact that the global temperature is like a roller coast in comparison. The amount isn't as exaggerated as Kitsune's chart, but its not that far off.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
And Cassino, I'm a girl.
Sorry, I didn't look. Fixed.

It's completely off. Global warming is caused my men. Research, you'll know the truth.
There is research to fuel both ends of the debate, go home.

I think it's a natural cycle, but one sped up by humans — best of both worlds. Also, all the carbon we're burning was once in the atmosphere anyway so what's everyone moping about (yes I know life back then was made for such carbon dioxide and warmth to be around and life today quite possibly isn't, perhaps evolution should work harder this time).

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
It's completely off. Global warming is caused my men. Research, you'll know the truth.

Al Gore snagged another one.

How about you research, and then you'll know the truth. CO2 isn't even the main green house gas...water vapor is, and humans can't do anything about that. Not to mention CO2 makes up less than 1% of the atmospheric gases. Even if we reduced our emissions by 50%, which isn't even a realistic goal in the next few decades, it won't even make an impact. Not to mention it's perfectly normal for temperatures to rise and fall at rates similar to this.

Global Warming is a natural phenomenon caused by natural cycles of the sun's sunspots and the orbital eccentricities of the earth...NOT by humans. Pick up a science book please.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I think it's a natural cycle, but one sped up by humans — best of both worlds.

Good Compromise.

Al Gore snagged another one.

How about you research, and then you'll know the truth. CO2 isn't even the main green house gas...water vapor is, and humans can't do anything about that. Not to mention CO2 makes up less than 1% of the atmospheric gases. Even if we reduced our emissions by 50%, which isn't even a realistic goal in the next few decades, it won't even make an impact. Not to mention it's perfectly normal for temperatures to rise and fall at rates similar to this.

Global Warming is a natural phenomenon caused by natural cycles of the sun's sunspots and the orbital eccentricities of the earth...NOT by humans. Pick up a science book please.
Friend listed.

Boy, you're stubborn. and I admire that.

Not necessarily, it is a scientific fact that the global temperature is like a roller coast in comparison. The amount isn't as exaggerated as Kitsune's chart, but its not that far off.
It got my point across, didn't it? =p

Your chart is wrong. I don't even have to look at it to know.

you're not even going to give me a chance, are you?

~~~~~~~

And guys, this isn't a debate about who's fault "Global Warming" is. I'll make another topic for that if you guys really want.

I suggest we get back on the subject of "Our world today, Better or Worse?" before the mods come marching in.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Our world is better than it has been in a few decades I think.

By the way, you guys have to realize that global warming is natural 'rollercoaster'. It goes up and down, up and down. Same with the world population. AIDS and HIV will most likely be the next epidemic. This will give the world less people and the cycle would began again, but with a new disease.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
And guys, this isn't a debate about who's fault "Global Warming" is. I'll make another topic for that if you guys really want.

I suggest we get back on the subject of "Our world today, Better or Worse?" before the mods come marching in.
Discussing a world issue in a thread about the world — seems on-topic to me. Perhaps not desirable to go to level of argument that we did, though. ^^;

AIDS and HIV will most likely be the next epidemic.
Good thing I don't want to... breed. :|
Is there evidence for this? Heh~.

Last edited:

*MitSuKi*

Look I'm your friend, see?
Years
Both,actually.

What's hot: The technology today is so advanced. I'd say cool!
What's not: Well, the consumed resources for said technology is like sky-high. i am afraid there won't be any left of the said resources for the next generation!

Back