• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is the "never say die" censorship needed?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
That's still death censorship.

The show doesn't need to pander to kids if the show involves death. They shouldn't be watching the show in the first place if the death reference is just going to be avoided/censored.

Try saying that to the Transformers cartoon (more specifically Beast Wars and Prime), where they don't say "die," but they often use phrases that means the same thing such as "turning to scrap metal," because they're robots.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
That's nice.

Enjoy your death censorship then.

One of these days these shows need to stop pandering to bratty little kids if the show is going to involve death.

They don't need to be watching those shows in the first place. Especially if they don't want to 'scare' the little children who apparently the networks think are scared of everything involving death/blood/etc.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
That's nice.

Enjoy your death censorship then.

One of these days these shows need to stop pandering to bratty little kids if the show is going to involve death.

They don't need to be watching those shows in the first place. Especially if they don't want to 'scare' the little children who apparently the networks think are scared of everything involving death/blood/etc.

Well that was a really rude response. Have you even watched those shows I've mentioned before? They're pretty dark for a kids show, even without saying "die" explicitly. As Scarf said, it can be an artistic-choice for the show in question.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
To be honest, I knew what death was after age 7 (I think) thanks to Disney. Not mentioning death seems to be a TV thing.

Back