• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Alright, Mardy Bum..." - The Arctic Monkeys Fan Club!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

CCW2lzv.png

2FgP7Nr.png

38Ul8Ai.png

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I Am Not | Favourite Worst Nightmare | Humbug | Suck It And See | AM​
CCW2lzv.png

PC's Official Arctic Monkeys Fan Club!
Dedicated for anyone who loves the Sheffield four-piece!

CCW2lzv.png

"By distilling the sounds of Franz Ferdinand, the Clash, the Strokes, and the Libertines into a hybrid of swaggering indie rock and danceable neo-punk, Arctic Monkeys became one of the U.K.'s biggest bands of the new millennium."

Hello lads and lasses, boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to PC's very own Arctic Monkeys fan club! This is the place for you and all your other fellow members to discuss just about anything about the Sheffield four-piece rock band which took and is still taking the indie rock scene by storm; from any new single and album releases to how hawt you think Alex Turner is! I'll try to post a topic every week for all you lot to talk about, though feel free to take this thread as a mean to say anything about AM or anything related to them. I may plan some other things for this club so stay tuned for any further announcements/events that may crop up now and then if I have the time to organize anything!

CCW2lzv.png

.:Current Topic:.
Simple one to start off with; when did you first hear from the Arctic Monkeys, and what was your first impression?

Topics Archive
Spoiler:

CCW2lzv.png

Rules;
+ Follow all Other Club rules, and PokeCommunity rules in general.
+ I'm allowing people to chit chat here, but please keep it Monkeys related! You have the rest of PC for anything else ;)
+ You must have filled in the sign-up to join in at the discussion. Please don't randomly turn up and leave a comment; become a full-time member and enjoy all the benefits!
+ Try to keep active, and enjoy your stay!
+ If you have any questions, suggestions or queries then feel free to VM or PM me! I'm always open to ideas and such.

Sign-Up sheet;
+ Username:
+ Favourite AM Song, and why?
+ -Insert current topic-

Member List;
Spoiler:

CCW2lzv.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
LOVEEE. ♥

+ Username: AlexOzzyCake
+ Favourite AM Song, and why? Hard question! They've had so many incredible songs but I think I'll have to go with 505 for the best - it's such a perfectly written song. It keeps building up and climaxes into something incredible with great solo riffs thrown in and Alex Turner's voice is just to die for omg. When they play it live with Miles it's just... wow.
+ When did I first hear about them? Hmm! I think it was on Jools Holland's show and they were debuting their first album and they started playing When The Sun Goes Down whilst no one in the audience knew the song so they kept thinking it was finished after the intro and again just before the outro haha. I loved them since the moment Alex Turner opened his mouth and that's never died down; they've had album after album after album and they've always remained one of my most listened to bands. They had some dips with albums like Humbug but all in all they've been consistently great artists and I absolutely adore their work.

PLUS HOW CUTE IS ALEX TURNER.

alex-turner.jpg

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Finally got the time to write something proper now, so here it goes-

@AlexOzzyCake: WELCOME!! Glad to have you on-board, of course. Hopefully us two aren't the only AM fans in PC :p

505 is an amazing song, and I agree with you on the slow build-up and the amazing climax. The keyboard at the beginning is just so eerie and it can play with your emotions from the get-go. And when the guitars are blazing at the climax it's just an explosion of unexplainable feelings. The lyrics are great too, I had a great time trying to decipher them and see what Alex meant. Again, amazing song and definitely one of my favourites too! When The Sun Goes Down is a nice track too. When I first heard it I thought it was a slow song so I was surprised when the guitar came down aha

Also what do you think of Alex's new look?! Seeming as that is a old pic of him :o

I guess I'll sign up myself too.

+ Username: Scyke
+ Favourite AM Song, and why? Favourite Arctic Monkeys song... I can't even answer my own question haha. It's got to be either Teddy Picker, Fake Tales of San Francisco, 505 or Mardy Bum... but I'll go with Fake Tales of San Francisco. I think it was like the third song I ever heard from them and from the first listen I've loved it. The guitar riffs are great, I love the drum intro and I can kinda play it myself too so it's got that going for it as well :p but yeah Fake Tales is just an awesome song.
+ I had heard about Arctic Monkeys over the years, but I never really gave them a listen. That was until early this year, when my friend was hyping up R U Mine? and when I first heard it, I actually didn't like it that much :s. I told that to my friend and he suggested for me to check out their older stuff, especially songs from Whatever People Say. So I did... and the first song I went to was I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor. And man, I fell in love with the band after hearing that. The metal distorted sound, the on-going riff throughout the song, and the similarities with my other favourite band The Strokes... It was so different from R U Mine?, so I was kinda worried that I would only like their older songs, so I kinda kept away from AM (the album) and any of their newer stuff and just stuck to Whatever People Say. That was until Do I Wanna Know? came out. First listen I didn't think it was that great, but I did prefer it from R U Mine?. But then after a few more plays I started to dig it more and more. Fair to say I started to become a huge fan of their newer stuff even though it was much slower and different and so here I am.

Back