• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Looks like high special attack, or attack, but definitely speed. I don't see it as slow really.
I'm agreeing with high speed. It has a Flying attribute in some way, whether actual Flying or Ghost. And it's the lightest Eeveelution. It BETTER be fast.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
What do you guys think the stat distribution of Sylveon will be? If it's dragon I see it's stats being equally divided (with one or two having one more than the other as it has an odd numbered bst.)

How on Earth does Sylveon look remotely draconic? Sure, we have had some unusual dragons such as Shelgon and Vibrava, but Sylveon doesn't look like a dragon at all. Shelgon and Vibrava kinda have some draconic qualities I suppose, but Sylveon have no relation to dragons what so ever.

Can someone please explain to me why people think this?

If it's a new type, it'd be Light.

If not, I'm stuck between Flying and Ghost. Its butterfly ribbons and Wingull-coloured scarves make me think it's Flying; however, its moveset and its eyes make me think it's a Ghost type.

It definitely is interesting.

Interesting post...

...wait, MOVESET!?!?!!!!???!!??!

HOW DO YOU ALREADY KNOW ITS MOVESET? Has GF released the moveset?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Interesting post...

...wait, MOVESET!?!?!!!!???!!??!

HOW DO YOU ALREADY KNOW ITS MOVESET? Has GF released the moveset?
Based on the video. We don't have its full moveset.

And those moves are all learned by Eevee.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Oh right, forgot about trump card...
Hopefully they'll give Sylveon good moves that'll match it's type and stats (whatever those may be), and not end up the same way as Flareon...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
How on Earth does Sylveon look remotely draconic? Sure, we have had some unusual dragons such as Shelgon and Vibrava, but Sylveon doesn't look like a dragon at all. Shelgon and Vibrava kinda have some draconic qualities I suppose, but Sylveon have no relation to dragons what so ever.

Can someone please explain to me why people think this?

Shellgon is a ball with legs. That has nothing to do with Dragons at all and looks the least like a dragon out of all the dragons. Sylveon's color scheme is the same as the Dragon type button. Altaria shares about as much dragon qualities as Sylveon.

Its also called personal opinion. To some it looks like a dragon. To others its flying. I see no flying qualities in Sylveon and see more Normal or Dragon in it.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Can't say we've heard what Sylveon, or any of the other new Pokémon for that matter, sound like. Hopefully, GameFreak develops a higher quality cry for Sylveon and Co. since they're working on a much better system.

This is something we can talk about in the "All Things Sylveon" thread though, so let's take it over there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think Sylveon will probably have a musical-sounding cry, kinda like a wind chime or something along those lines?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
It doesn't really feel like an Eeveeon to me, but I'm guessing it just hasn't grown on me yet?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think Sylveon will probably have a musical-sounding cry, kinda like a wind chime or something along those lines?
That's not a bad guess. If I had to guess, I'd probably assume the same thing.

It doesn't really feel like an Eeveeon to me, but I'm guessing it just hasn't grown on me yet?
When Sylveon was first released and all we saw was its silhouette, I presumed it was a new Eeveelution from the get-go. When seeing what it looked like, its appearance definitely caught me off guard. It was more obscure than the other Eevee evolutions and its design had more of a flair to it. Overtime though I began to like it, and the more I warmed up to it, I began to see it as part of the group. So I'd say for some it definitely might take some time getting used to before they really see it as a new Eeveelution and part of the family.

Years
The mere fact that it learns the move Silver Wind marks him as a Flying or Bug type. It's physical appearance also screams Flying. I'm pretty sure that is Sylveon's mysteriious type.

Years
The mere fact that it learns the move Silver Wind marks him as a Flying or Bug type. It's physical appearance also screams Flying. I'm pretty sure that is Sylveon's mysteriious type.
It learns Silver Wind???
Also, its appearance doesn't scream Flying, it doesn't have wings or feathers... it is screaming Normal if you ask anyone.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There is no evidence that it learns Silver Wind that I've seen.

Cyclone

8hachi8

The Phantom Trainer :P
Years
In my opinion,it will be Flying type or Normal type.
But I wish it's not Normal type!

Years
I'm very sorry. I saw in Pokémon Wikipedia, a couple of weeks ago, that Sylveon could be seen using the move Silver Wind, but since they already removed it, ii was apparently mislead. Apologies :$

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm very sorry. I saw in Pokémon Wikipedia, a couple of weeks ago, that Sylveon could be seen using the move Silver Wind, but since they already removed it, ii was apparently mislead. Apologies :$
You have to be careful with information at sites like that. Bulbapedia - while the same type of site - is quick to remove speculation like that, but some sites may not be so much. (Heck, their page about Sylveon is locked to PREVENT speculation. Also makes it hard for actual truthful edits to be made unless you're on staff.)

Cyclone

Back