• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ✨ The Fairy Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thank you so much. ;o; It's hard to think that my spriting career is still so short lived. It may sound conceded of me, but I'm really happy with the work I've put in and the results I've gotten.

Oh and real quick, in my sig.
zelda_sprite_01_zps5671c491.png

Princess Zelda. Counter to Link.
originally I was going to be Navi because I'm already a fairy but..

JessQuercus

Secretly Superman
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
I'm not the best with complimenting people, but...

your artwork is so amazing! As I got further and further into it, I got more and more impressed. Not only are you good with pixels (especially in Animal Crossing, gosh I suck at ACNL clothes), you are good at drawing ;o;. Talk about jaw drop.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
It's lovely to see my little Fairy doing so well still. And your work has improved as well. That Aromatisse serving tea sprite is what my dreams are made of. Well done my dear.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
It's lovely to see my little Fairy doing so well still. And your work has improved as well. That Aromatisse serving tea sprite is what my dreams are made of. Well done my dear.

You bring a tear to my eye poppa magic. :') Thank you so much. I plan on animating that little cutie Aromatisse, do a little twirl. Add a cute apron to her. Something nice to go with Slurpuff.

Anywho, I have some marginally darker art. It's a work in progress. I wanted to do something different, and this was the result. "Angels own no Demons".
[agelimit]members under the age of 13 due to mild nudity and violence
Spoiler:
[/agelimit]
Naturally, it still needs a lot of work. And, no, the fabric around her woohoo isn't supposed to be there, but I threw it in last minute because I was hesitant about posting art with primary sexual characteristics. This will not be included in the final version, but there will still be censorship in the form of the scythe's hilt. So yeah!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
It's kind of cool to see your unfinished art. I can see the circles and some of the techniques you used to make the final parts of this. I could never draw something like that. I like how everything has a dark feel to it. You can easily tell which one is the demon, and which one is the angel, but there's something off about the angel. I'm talking from a character perspective. The art itself is beautifully drawn, so don't worry about that. I was just saying that even though the angel is, well... an angel, there's still something sinister about her.

You've gotten a lot of compliments, and you've deserved each and every one. Good job!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Jo, I am simply flabbergasted at how good of an artist you are and you just keep improving! That is so awesome~ I really love your California girl animated gif... and your range is insane. Just keep up the great work and please continue to share with us.

Love you sis! ♥

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haa thank you! Trying to expand my comfort zones a bit.

I got a mess of stuff I think.

great_fae_star_zps2a362fab.gif
great_fae_blue_zps65dc52cb.gif
great_fae_red_zpsb875d1d4.gif
great_fae_green_zpsae6a4fe2.gif

Original (yellow hair) was made by another artist. I added more frames to the base and animated it. I also made a trio to follow, because I just love the simplistic, minimalistic style of tiny floating fairies. So consider it a tribute piece. <3

Annnddd

fairy_shadow_damask.png

My fairy silhouette with a custom pixel damask pattern.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Haven't updated in a while. I've been working on a big pixel project. Here it is.

Phoenix Rising
phoenix_risingfinal.png

This. Is awesome.

Really, that's just so epic. I love everything about it. Literally everything.
I love the way the bird fades into the light instead of having outlines, and the colour choices are amazing. The shading style is a good mix between pillow and regular style. The concept is also really interesting. Great job you did with the feathers, I reckon that must've taken about 213129472306823682939843627502 years. And the backlighting and fire is so... soo... sooo... *stumbles back into a well*

Just curious, does this have anything to do with Link's game-in-development?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thanks! n_n;

It's actually something I need to really refine, as right now it's nothing more than a glorified color reduction with a pixel overlay. There's much in the way of dithering, line work, and general polish it needs before it's actually a respectable piece. As it stands though, there's a lot of unnecessary noise and stray pixels that need cleaning. That, and it currently sits at 39 colors, which I can probably whittle down 32 with relative ease. So, let's just say I'm aware of it's flaws and I'm working to fix them. But after a lot of work, I got the form down and I'm proud of it. This represents many hours of labor; regardless of how many more are ahead of me.

And no, haha, this doesn't have anything to do with Gavin's game. The name just seem to fit too perfectly to ignore. :)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I've always wanted to say that I really admire your work, Fairy! :3 You're a really talented artist and I'm so jealous I just had to download some of your drawings because they're so good. ^ ^;

Also your siggy is to die for. *p* I love it soo much <33 I wish I knew how to do CSS's like that haha.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've always wanted to say that I really admire your work, Fairy! :3 You're a really talented artist and I'm so jealous I just had to download some of your drawings because they're so good. ^ ^;

Also your siggy is to die for. *p* I love it soo much <33 I wish I knew how to do CSS's like that haha.

;A;

Thanks so much, Supernova. I appreciate it!

My signature is actually the combined work of PJ user Syosa and my own pixel art. The characters are strictly Syosa's, and I made the box bordering the text. With all of the decorative trim and flowers and whatnot haha. But if you ever want help with CSS, just ask! :) I'll give you a hand.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Haven't updated in a while. I've been working on a big pixel project. Here it is.

Phoenix Rising
phoenix_risingfinal.png

shocked%20bird.gif

This is the most suitable reaction GIF to show my complete and utter amazement at this beauty known as art.

I do agree that this could be polished up a bit more, such as the fade effect into the black, as the circles could use a bit of touching up, but dang! It took me a while to even realize that this was pixel art!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You guys.. :)

Yeah, the Phoenix Rising piece needs work, there's no doubt. But, I tried something new and I'm not ashamed of it. Sometimes I forget that I've only been doing pixel art for the better part of a year now, and that's not much time in the grand scheme of pixel art. I have a long way to go yet. Still, I'm definitely looking to improve, and I'd like to think the phoenix breaks away from my standard style of art.

Moving on!

I made a link for my Zelda. Also, I'm updating the main gallery so y'all will be able to view everything on the first page if you wanna catch up on my latest work.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Some more small stuff just for fun

a_fairy_dreamnew.png

To commemorate my new shiny Togepi, which I've named Mon Trésor, or My Treasure.

I'm also working on another small sprite I started when I first learned pixel art. Finally gonna finish the bastard haha.

Anyway, peace kids~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
More arts and stuff. Really building up on my pixels arts lately.

butterfly_geisha_03.png

No specific color palette with this icon. I just wanted to practice faces and dithering and stuff. I did try to limit the skin-tone colors though, for whatever it's worth. Original.

dragon_den_edited1.png

I'm actually working on redoing this one because I've come up with a color ramp that I actually like now haha. This current one is 8 colors, but I've since expanded it to 10. Not a huge change, but it makes a hell of a difference. I'll post it when I finish it.. whenever that may be.

oh and have this for fun yaaaay
tiny_ampharos_021.png

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
dunno what to say other than I love, love, love this. It's so mystic and mysterious and I want to know more about what's going on with it, such as what it's a backdrop to or why the dragons are present/what land/era/time it's in, etc. Looove. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back