• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Latias or Latios?

Latias or Latios?

• [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/trozei/380.png[/img]

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/trozei/381.png[/img]

Votes: 55 64.0%

• Total voters

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
380.png
381.png

The Lati twins! Or Eon twins. Or Lati@s. Whichever way you wanna say it. The first time you might have run across one of the two Dragon/Psychic types was just out of the blue after beating the Elite Four in Ruby or Sapphire. So what do you think? Who do you prefer from the pair?

If you couldn't tell by my theme (as of right now anyway) I prefer Latios! ...Though I prefer shiny Latios over regular one but that's another story for another day. I don't really know what it is about it, I just like it a lot. It's just regal looking and awesome. Though I tend to call Luster Purge "Puster Lurge" instead, and I actually did it while typing this sentence. No joke lol. I also have a strange tendency to find Latios in the desert. Seriously, every time I have to hunt him down, he's hanging out there.

Anyway...how about y'all?
I've always preferred Latias, for some reason. It isn't really logically or anything. Well, I do like red, but that doesn't really affect anything. I like both, but I've always just SLIGHTLY preferred Latias.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Latios, cos it has battle attacking stats, and it has a more cooler look than Latias, which has a kind look.

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
Years
Latias, as she looks beautiful with a premier ball. Competitive wise also.

Wait a second, maybe not so much in that generation.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I voted Latios. Latios has always been my favourite of the two, just seems more mature and streamlined. Also, a fun thing is, my twin sister and I used Latios to represent me and Latias to represent her, since we saw ourselves in the Pokemon. So I see myself in Latios.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2013
I went with Latios because I like the color scheme as well as the in-game graphic of him better; he just exudes more of an imposing presence to me. I also like how he has a higher special attack stat, especially with Soul Dew equipped.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
Latios!!!!!!
Cuz he's blue(even though I like red better),he's stronger than latias(I'm all about offense).
I like both of them,but...Latios is different!He's better than Latias!

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I'd chose Latias. I like that more "carefree" nature. Though Latios was pretty cool in that ONE movie I will never remember the name too. Pokemon Heros, I think it was.

Competetively, yes- Latios has a higher Sp. ATK stat. But, Latias with one or two Calm Mind Boosts- unless you have Pursuit or something dealing super effective damage to her defense stat, she'll never fall out of the sky. Especially with Recover.
And her Sp. Atk stat is quite impressive afterwards.
So, yeah. IMO, Latias. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Latios. I'm more of an offensive player rather than defensive, even though Latias does admittedly pull off offense just as well.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've always liked Latios more, even being thoroughly disappointed when I found out that you can't catch him on Sapphire. I mean don't get me wrong they're both great, but Latios has better offensive numbers and he's blue, which is always a plus for me.

Evey

Female Red
Years
Latias, because its a female and its red body and cute little eyes are very appealing not to mention a powerful pokemon to have on a team. Look at them eyes........................................................

Einarsson

Failure Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Hm.. I started my life with Pokèmon with Ruby, because I tend to favour a red colour over a blue one, and with the cover being as shiny red as it was, I chose Ruby. Even so, my favourite of the two legendaries of the games were Kyogre by a mile. Even though I haven't used the Pokèmon nearly as much as Groudon, I still like him better. Who doesn't like "underwater flying cows"?

The same with Latios and Latias. I couldn't get Latias by my self, so I had to trade it with one of my friends, but I think Latias looks so much cuter than Latios. Therefore my favourite is Latias! :t380:

Years
Latios all the way. I really prefer how he looks and blue is one of my favourite colours, so what is there not to like; he is a blue dragon!​

Back