• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Ash493: Just wondering, why does your script begin with offset 0x980000?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Raycrow,but the script you gave me worked(the one you did the first time)but when I go back to the tile,he keeps saying "Say hi to PROF.OAK for me",I thought the setflag shoulda made it go once,and nothing else after that.

Same thing happens with me.

Hey, just as a disclaimer right now, I fixed your scripts so they ran, not necessarily so they do exactly what you want, because I don't know exactly what you want. It's generally your responsibility to figure out how to make a script do exactly what you want; I was mainly correcting syntax errors or telling you how to use a specific function. That's a far cry writing a script for you. I fixed your scripts in hope you would learn from them and be able to write your own. tyson, notbob; what you guys are requesting requires the understanding and use of flags/variables, something that is half common sense and half obtainable from tutorials. You need this knowledge before you're going to be able to write any complicated scripts on your own. I myself just learned scripting a few weeks ago (though I have a programming background).

notbob, what you're asking is not really a "slight" request, it's a request, and honestly I don't have time to do it right now.

tyson, take a look at the flags and structure of my script. I'm not surprised it's doing that as that is what I intended it to do. Try to understand why it's doing that by going through it step by step, and then VM me for additional help.

Both of you should take a look at XSE's F2 guide if you haven't already, especially the sections on flags and vars, and flip through ALL the commands on XSE's F1 command help, so you know what options are available to you.

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
Ash493: Just wondering, why does your script begin with offset 0x980000?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, just as a disclaimer right now, I fixed your scripts so they ran, not necessarily so they do exactly what you want, because I don't know exactly what you want. It's generally your responsibility to figure out how to make a script do exactly what you want; I was mainly correcting syntax errors or telling you how to use a specific function. That's a far cry writing a script for you. I fixed your scripts in hope you would learn from them and be able to write your own. tyson, notbob; what you guys are requesting requires the understanding and use of flags/variables, something that is half common sense and half obtainable from tutorials. You need this knowledge before you're going to be able to write any complicated scripts on your own. I myself just learned scripting a few weeks ago (though I have a programming background).

notbob, what you're asking is not really a "slight" request, it's a request, and honestly I don't have time to do it right now.

tyson, take a look at the flags and structure of my script. I'm not surprised it's doing that as that is what I intended it to do. Try to understand why it's doing that by going through it step by step, and then VM me for additional help.

Both of you should take a look at XSE's F2 guide if you haven't already, especially the sections on flags and vars, and flip through ALL the commands on XSE's F1 command help, so you know what options are available to you.
You don't have to make the script right now, just fix the first one to make the script not be a repeating loop by adding in the text after you talk to Oak the first time.

This won't work, it doesn't display the message that you get after talking with him:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
I want to add a sethealing place to this script so that when you fight the trainer, if you lose you'll be teleported to bank 4 and map number 1. Could somebody tell me how or do it for me?

Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well said Pokepal17,people should post the script there using,or even better they need to read the rules...

Thank, finally somebody with some common sense.

I want to add a sethealing place to this script so that when you fight the trainer, if you lose you'll be teleported to bank 4 and map number 1. Could somebody tell me how or do it for me?

Spoiler:

There are 20 sethealingplaces in FR which will warp you to a set map. Adding more or changing the warp location is ASM

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
This won't compile:
Spoiler:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I post this scirpt before, and raycrow fixed a problem with it
but here i am again with another problem

this is based on a fire red rom and imusing XSE.

Spoiler:

everything is going great, the spirte is talking way and then when it's time for them to warp, i warp...to five island,
so im like WTF.
the prolem was before with this script was that the special(seagallop animation) led me to vermillion city, and that made sense and also raycrow said it was coded into the game.

so my speculations are that maybe the map which it is supposed to warp to is wrong, but i dont think that is it because the map in decimal is 20, which is 10 in hex
but maybe that leads me to five island

well that sums up my problems

any help is appreciated.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
So I have a givepokemon script and OMG IT WORKED.
Everything works great, except that when I open up start my screen doesn't even show a pokemon option, even though when I battle, it sends out the charmander.

Is this because I don't have a PokeDex? Or does the menu option become available once I get a flag set?

The script in case there is something wrong with it...
(Ruby version)
Spoiler:

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
So I have a givepokemon script and OMG IT WORKED.
Everything works great, except that when I open up start my screen doesn't even show a pokemon option, even though when I battle, it sends out the charmander.

Is this because I don't have a PokeDex? Or does the menu option become available once I get a flag set?

The script in case there is something wrong with it...
(Ruby version)
Spoiler:
You need to put in a setflag.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
This won't compile:
Spoiler:

Red means you have to remove it...
Blue means you need to add it...
Purple means I replaced it...

I don't hack FR, so I am not so sure...

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
Why doesn't anybody listen to me?!? I NEED help with this script:
Spoiler:

PlatniumPiano

Years
I have a Script tile (not a person event) that is supposed to display a message, then warp me to a map. However, when I step on the tile in the game, the game freezes.

Did I script something wrong?

Ruby Script:
Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
First off, get an updated XSE.

Secondly, two if _ goto _ won't work.

Try this -

Code:
#dynamic 0x200000

#org @start
checkflag 0x900
if 0x0 goto 0x8292DC1
release
end

#org @snippet1
msgbox @string1 '"You feel a strange\nforce pulling y..." 0x6
setflag 0x900
warp 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0
end

#org @string1
= You feel a strange\nforce pulling you...

And did you set the Unknown and Var value?

PlatniumPiano

Years
I did not set an unknow or var value. why?
And I get an error when I try to compile ur script:

"Too less parameters on line 10" (thats the msgbox @string1 line)"The correct number is 2"

Last edited:

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
PlatinumPiano:

Place 0x6 before "text"

And in Advance Map you must set the unknown to 0003/00|03 and the var. number to 4050 (if you have used that already, use 4F00 or something)

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
I'm going to post this here again, since as I suspected, I wasn't going to get help from the simple questions thread due to it being a scripting question.

I'm attempting to get a level script working, but no matter how hard I try it just won't work. I'm using a clean ROM of Fire-Red, and trying to use Cooley's tutorial on it.

I do exactly as he says, I even copied his script to use for it. But a host of problems happen, namely:

1) No message appears despite the fact that the script is meant to show a message.
2) On rare attempts, a message of complete gibberish appears, and when I try to use Cooley's method of fixing it, the decompile shows only one line saying what the #org number is.
3) Also if I use the Open Script button in Advance Map, it shows the same thing as 2).

I honestly cannot get my head around this, it is utterly perplexing and infuriating to try and do. Can someone help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back