• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"/shot"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For me it's when people use abbreviations such as "smh - shakes my head" more often than what's needed or when smileys are spammed to oblivion and back just because the poster thinks it's cute to be annoying. Too much of anything can become a bad thing you know.

Years
(I'm guilty of typing "/shot" at the end of my sentences sometimes, though lately I haven't been doing it as often. UU;)

Anyway, I hate the ":V" and ":T" smilies.. a lot. They bother me for some reason so I'd rather never, ever see them. Other than that, I also don't get the point of hashtags. Don't dislike 'em, but don't like them either.

Years
I don't care for a lot of abbreviations and initialisms, particularly when I don't know what they are. Like "rn." When I first saw that, and for a long time after, I could only think what in the world are people typing just the letter "m" for?

But anything that doesn't make sense when you say it aloud has the potential to bother me.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't usually mind abbreviations/initialisms much if they're just being used in conversation as opposed to more formal writing. Or many smilies. If it aids expression (in the case of the latter) and I know what's meant (in the case of both) then it usually doesn't bother me. I also will occasionally use a stroke followed by a phrase as a sidenote, as if doing a /me command in IRC. But... I don't like excessive tildes, cutesy Japanese (from anyone but especially those just appropriating for no reason), and the smilies :V and :L and anything with = being the eyes. Also YOLO is stupid and overused as a phrase but nice as a concept. And I'm sure if I sat here and thought about it I'd remember more things that I dislike but I really can't be bothered.

Oh and I should say now that yes, I know I've been guilty of using many of what I have mentioned. Only I've grown up a bit and realized it's all pretty annoying.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Online, I hate the smiley :x

I don't know what it is, I don't know what it's supposed to be and nobody can convince me that it resembles anything.

Offline, I really can't stand the phrase "awkies". If you're so dumb that you can't even say "awkward" then your problems are more than I can fix lol

Back