• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
Is there a wonder mail password to get through the frosty forest mission in red rescu

i am having trouble trying to get through frosty forest in pokemon red rescue is there a wonder mail password if so can anyone please tell me thanks-nick

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Quick question about the GTS: Is there a list of pokemon that at the present time cannot be traded at all on the GTS? For example, there has only been one Meloetta event (country wise), and it came with the ribbon that means it cannot be traded on the GTS, which in turn suggests to me that no Meloetta can be traded on the GTS due to them all having the ribbon (were obviously talking legit pokemon here)

So, is there a list of pokemon that for this, or any other reason cannot be traded on the GTS at all?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
There is no comprehensive list per se, but all you really need to know is Pokemon who are megahacked (yes, level one Zekroms somehow slip through) and Pokemon with event exclusive ribbons cannot be traded.

Pokemon that have never been released without an event ribbon: only Meloetta, Keldeo, and Genesect come to mind. Someone feel free to add on to that short list.

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
18 Arceus forms?

A little while ago, I was looking in Pokégen and making codes to give me all of the Arceus types, and saw 18 Arceus forms. I have tested, and the 18th form does exist. Does anybody know why, because it is driving me crazy.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It was to keep the game from crashing when people gave Arceus a hacked ??? Type plate.

Arceus doesn't have the 18th form in B/W and beyond I believe as ??? Type has been completely removed from the system.

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
It was to keep the game from crashing when people gave Arceus a hacked ??? Type plate.

Arceus doesn't have the 18th form in B/W and beyond I believe as ??? Type has been completely removed from the system.

Okay. I did not know that there was a hacked ??? plate. I can sleep in peace now.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Can someone explain how the friend rescuing system works in the PMD games? I'm playing Explorers of Darkness and only now I'm playing with the idea of rescuing/being rescued by others, but I don't actually know how it works.

So I faint in a dungeon, what then?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Can someone explain how the friend rescuing system works in the PMD games? I'm playing Explorers of Darkness and only now I'm playing with the idea of rescuing/being rescued by others, but I don't actually know how it works.

So I faint in a dungeon, what then?

If you faint in a dungeon, you will have the option for someone to rescue you. This will involve the through code or wireless to enter the dungeon you were in and reach the floor you were at. If you don't have anyone to rescue you, you faint, lose money and items.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
If you faint in a dungeon, you will have the option for someone to rescue you. This will involve the through code or wireless to enter the dungeon you were in and reach the floor you were at. If you don't have anyone to rescue you, you faint, lose money and items.

Thanks for the reply!

If I have sent out a code, does that mean I effectively can't play the game again until I'm saved? and if I sent out my code, and someone has taken the job, they then send me back another code to say I've been saved which I input into my game?

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Heyas all... I cannot seem to find any information about it on Serebii, Bulbapedia, Wikipedia, and various other forum threads... But has there been a confirmed VS mode for the new Pokemon Rumble game coming to the Wii U, or will it exclusively be co-op again?

I'm guessing the latter, hoping the former... Could someone possibly fill me in here? My Google-fu has failed me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Hello

I'm new to Pokemon games series, I haven't played any game of the series
and these games sound nice, Can anyone here help me with which one of them should i begin with! (I only have a 3ds)

Years
Hello

I'm new to Pokemon games series, I haven't played any game of the series
and these games sound nice, Can anyone here help me with which one of them should i begin with! (I only have a 3ds)

Well, you'll be able to play 4th and 5th Generation games, and also the upcoming Pokemon X & Y.

But there's some great ones worth playing from those generations.

Platinum has some good post-game content and it is much superior to Diamond & Pearl, remember that if you want a good Sinnoh game definitely go with Platinum. Diamond & Pearl aren't really that great because the speed was so slow and the Sinnoh Dex in those games was much inferior to Platinum's. Remember, don't get Diamond/Pearl, get Platinum.

HeartGold & SoulSilver give you that nice sense of nostalgia from the original Gold/Silver/Crystal, and it also has some neat post-game content, and also new improvements since the original G/S/C. It also has the ability to allow your Pokemon to walk around with you, and it even has the Pokeathlon.

And there's also both Black & White as well as Black 2 & White 2, which have really great graphics. Black/White may not have as much post-game stuff as other games but the story is among the best in the series. Playing the original Black & White before playing Black 2 & White 2 can help give you more knowledge on the Unova story.

Black 2/White 2 however, have loads of stuff you can do and there's loads of Pokemon you can catch. The Pokemon World Tournament, Join Avenue and Black City/White Forest are all very addicting imo. And since you have a 3DS, you can also download the Pokemon Dream Radar app which you can then catch loads of good Pokemon with, such as the legendary Pokemon Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus.

In my personal opinion, all are great games but maybe someone else might want to ask as well so you can eventually decide which of the games you want to play.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since you're new to them and only have that, you should start off with HeartGold or SoulSilver, I think. They're remakes of the second generation game, and although nothing beats the feeling of playing the original games, it's the closest you'll get to playing an older game. It's a good game to start with, really!

Then you should move on to Platinum. Don't touch Diamond and Pearl. The Pokedexes are rather limited, the games run slowly, and Platinum is just the better choice altogether. :)

Then go on to Black or White and after that, Black 2 or White 2. I recommend White and White 2 personally, but that's me being biased as one of my favorite Pokemon is obtainable in White and White 2, haha. Those are the latest games until X and Y. Though tbh, you could probably get away with skipping Black and White. They're good games, but with generation 6 coming in October, it'd be cheaper to just play Black 2 or White 2 and not bother with the ones before it. Platinum isn't necessary either really, but I strongly recommend at least starting with HeartGold or SoulSilver.

I hope this post made a bit of sense, but if not, just post and ask more questions, or feel free to message me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back