• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Gen III]: Jambo51's Tool Showcase

Years
Your trainer editor looks great, i've just recently trying to find a way to edit the a-trainer's ini, and this thread came out, what a life savior! i will be using this!

EDIT: I think i found a bug in trainer editor, i find it kinda hard when saving the pokemon's moves. it always turn out to be the move "tackle" (well not sure if it is a bug or my offset though)

EDIT 2: Well, its not always tackle actually, it always turns out to be the first attack in pokemon moveset, or if i leave the attack blank(the "-"), the empty attack will swicth to the next slot, its similiar with earlier bug that chas rush posted perhaps?

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Your trainer editor looks great, i've just recently trying to find a way to edit the a-trainer's ini, and this thread came out, what a life savior! i will be using this!

EDIT: I think i found a bug in trainer editor, i find it kinda hard when saving the pokemon's moves. it always turn out to be the move "tackle" (well not sure if it is a bug or my offset though)

EDIT 2: Well, its not always tackle actually, it always turns out to be the first attack in pokemon moveset, or if i leave the attack blank(the "-"), the empty attack will swicth to the next slot, its similiar with earlier bug that chas rush posted perhaps?

I think I managed to fix this (if I understood what you were talking about).

I also tracked down some erroneous writes to the ROM during loading and stopped that from happening (should speed up the loading process slightly).

Finally, I implemented the "Are you sure you wish to quit?" feature for when you've made changes and haven't saved them.

Years
I think I managed to fix this (if I understood what you were talking about).

I also tracked down some erroneous writes to the ROM during loading and stopped that from happening (should speed up the loading process slightly).

Finally, I implemented the "Are you sure you wish to quit?" feature for when you've made changes and haven't saved them.

well, after i downloaded the new version, and trying to save, its suprisingly works

Its weird though, well, what i meant is, for ex, when you assign magikarp to have the move flail, and hit save, it turns out to be splash (which is magikarp's first move in his moveset), i tried with the un-modified rom, but find no luck.

But.. hey, who cares, it works now, and that is what i'm looking for, thanks! {XD}

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I found a problem with the BSP, the commands.BSH is corrupt. Even in the zip

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I found a problem with the BSP, the commands.BSH is corrupt. Even in the zip

Try reading the instructions more carefully. The DATABASE required for the tool's operation isn't bundled in the zip. You need to download it by hitting F5. This is all stuff I say clearly on BSP's bit on the first page. I do this so that when you first start using the tool, you have the most up to date database at your disposal.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Ok, it works now. I downloaded the update thinking I knew everything it said on the page already...

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
http://i.imgur.com/cUW1LxI.png

The trainer editor seems to get confused sometimes about how much space teams need- this slot had 1 mon originally but the editor seems to think it deserves 2, and refuses to repoint. This tends to happen after repointing other trainers- in any case, it would be nice if repointing was always an option even if it isn't needed.

That said, the tool is great and I wish I'd seen it earlier- the .INI support is a godsend when working with a repointed move table, and the UI is much better than A-Trainer's. Great job with this!

edit: I also can't go back on using custom movesets for some reason, and it's filling them with absurd defaults (--/explosion/explosion/explosion).

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
http://i.imgur.com/cUW1LxI.png

The trainer editor seems to get confused sometimes about how much space teams need- this slot had 1 mon originally but the editor seems to think it deserves 2, and refuses to repoint. This tends to happen after repointing other trainers- in any case, it would be nice if repointing was always an option even if it isn't needed.

Interesting. I'll have a look and see what I can figure out. I'm fairly sure that Pokémon 0x17 isn't Chansey either (unless you've changed that and not yet saved).

I'll add a force repoint option, so you can use it if you want to. This is now added.

That said, the tool is great and I wish I'd seen it earlier- the .INI support is a godsend when working with a repointed move table, and the UI is much better than A-Trainer's. Great job with this!

Thanks! Your information was invaluable, though, so don't underplay your part in this!

edit: I also can't go back on using custom movesets for some reason, and it's filling them with absurd defaults (--/explosion/explosion/explosion).

You should be able to go back on it, the data should collapse after removing movesets. I did lose a lot of progress one night when my PC crashed, so maybe I lost that code and forgot to re-add it. Regardless, I'll look into it. I added proper code to deal with this. I'm unsure if it works, though. Currently testing.

As to what it fills the movesets with, that was pure and simple trolling on my part. :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2015
I seem to be unable to edit the money value in the Trainer Editor. When I change it it shows up as 0$, then when I refresh it, it automatically goes back to the old number.

Apart form that it's a great tool.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I seem to be unable to edit the money value in the Trainer Editor. When I change it it shows up as 0$, then when I refresh it, it automatically goes back to the old number.

Apart form that it's a great tool.

There's some trainer classes that simply cannot have a cash value attributed to them. This is because the original game stores the data in a really stupid format with many of the classes missing (most tellingly, classes that aren't used in the game).

I can't "fix" this because it's not technically an issue in the editor itself, but an issue with how Game Freak designed the game's code.

Also, if you're using it to edit Ruby or Emerald, it currently doesn't support modifying the class values on these ROMs (because I haven't yet found the values in these ROMs).

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2015
There's some trainer classes that simply cannot have a cash value attributed to them. This is because the original game stores the data in a really stupid format with many of the classes missing (most tellingly, classes that aren't used in the game).

I can't "fix" this because it's not technically an issue in the editor itself, but an issue with how Game Freak designed the game's code.

Also, if you're using it to edit Ruby or Emerald, it currently doesn't support modifying the class values on these ROMs (because I haven't yet found the values in these ROMs).

Oh, alright. I'll try changing the classes of the trainers, thanks.

EDIT: Yep, works fine now, thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
I love you trainer editor. None of the other editors I tried worked, but this one does.
Is it possible to make double battles where you control one pokemon and the computer controls the other 3? If it requires asm do you know the code?

TorNyan

Hacker
Years
I still get the same previous issue (Crash). After several tries I figured that it happens only when I update the BattleScriptPro.ini file.

EDIT: Ok, it was apparently caused by the font setting to 9.75!!!

TYSM!!
It was just saying that the program stopped working as soon as I booted it up.

To the author:
Please reupload the package with font setting 10 (or in other ways resolve this issue) so that nobody else ends up with this error.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
TYSM!!
It was just saying that the program stopped working as soon as I booted it up.

To the author:
Please reupload the package with font setting 10 (or in other ways resolve this issue) so that nobody else ends up with this error.

What system are you using? Mines is Windows 7 64-bit and it works perfectly well. If I can't replicate it, it must be something specific to your system.

And for what it's worth, I did set it to 10, and the tool automatically changes it to 9.75.

Jambo... your tools need icons.XD Other than that, pretty amazing. Can't wait for the others!

You offering? :P

TorNyan

Hacker
Years
What system are you using? Mines is Windows 7 64-bit and it works perfectly well. If I can't replicate it, it must be something specific to your system

Same system as yours, though I had the same problem on another computer; Vista 32-bit.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Same system as yours, though I had the same problem on another computer; Vista 32-bit.

Try simply manually changing the value in the ini. That should work.

It shouldn't be an issue in the first place though, because the code in the tool parses it as a float, meaning there's no reason for it not to parse correctly.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
help, decompiling/compiling gives me this error
pxMhgem.png

attempting to update database gives me
"could not update file. restoring backup..." or
"unable to download file. Please manually update your file."
how do i manually update it?

Back