• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Daydream White Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@SK3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uw7AH2JuGQ Ooh... now this is a very nice piece if I say so.

I can see you've got a pretty good composer doing music for your hack here. I'm tempted to arrange these midis with the actual in-game instruments. Unfortunately I cannot do it in such a manner as to put them in the game or I'd offer to do that for you too, but hey; free publicity is free right? (Or at least it would be if I actually had access to the files to begin doing this)

Speaking of which, I decidedly asked you first, but if you wanted I could go ask the composer them-self. I happened to be subscribed to them...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I must admit the music for this hack is spot on.
Though alot are medleys and remixes I, being a music fanatic myself, love them to bits.

As for the screens, They look so good, you've really done ya'self well with the default tiles, too.
I look forward to this, whenever you get round to releasing.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
@SK3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uw7AH2JuGQ Ooh... now this is a very nice piece if I say so.

I can see you've got a pretty good composer doing music for your hack here. I'm tempted to arrange these midis with the actual in-game instruments. Unfortunately I cannot do it in such a manner as to put them in the game or I'd offer to do that for you too, but hey; free publicity is free right? (Or at least it would be if I actually had access to the files to begin doing this)

Speaking of which, I decidedly asked you first, but if you wanted I could go ask the composer them-self. I happened to be subscribed to them...

About that.
I'm glad you enjoy the composition and want to remix it, however I would prefer to distribute any game-related files until after the actual release :).
Lots of work have been put into these MIDIs, and I don't really want to distribute anything to anyone right now that aren't directly involved with the hack itself. And, I have uploaded in-game versions of the MIDIs (besides the most recent one) onto Youtube, so mixing them with soundfonts wouldn't really be necessary. I hope you can understand.

I must admit the music for this hack is spot on.
Though alot are medleys and remixes I, being a music fanatic myself, love them to bits.

As for the screens, They look so good, you've really done ya'self well with the default tiles, too.
I look forward to this, whenever you get round to releasing.

Thank you sir! Glad you enjoy everything so far! Schools ending soon, and when it ends, Daydream White will be my main focus, so I think if enough work gets done over this vacation, I should have a mid-summer release, or at least a release before school starts again! :D

Last edited:

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Yeah. It's a nice break from GCSEs, and anyways I now have like laods of ideas when I was just out of inspiration before :D I now fully have the areas I haven't mapped yet planned out in my head and stuff, I'll just ask him - and I also have some other ideas I'll ask him about. :D

SK3

Years
We'll talk Contro.

In other news, the upcoming beta will have placeholder sprites for the heroes and the other characters, but the designs are in the works!
Here's a little preview:
pokemondaydreamwhitegirl.png

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
She looks good. (would prefer her in B2/W2 if I'm honest).

It's really legit ^^'' It's good that you've drawn every aspect of what should be covered in the game.

Also, do you have an overworld spriter? If not, I'll happily help. PM me if you want some (I'll hand out proof too)

SK3

Years
Well guys, I had a epiphany last night and realized this hack is not going in the direction I want it to. It's just not what I envisioned when this project first got started. There's this idea, an idea in my head that I want to explore, and it's not explored in the current version of this hack at all. I am considering restarting this hack, but the amount of work put into it so far is conflicting with this idea, so I won't be updating for a while, at least until I get things straightened out. Stay tuned :/

SK3

Years
DWReboot1.png
AubranchTown.png
NewPlayerHouse.png

ResearchLab.png

Yep, I decided to restart, and here's my progress so far :D

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
From what I can see, the mapping is spot on. I don't care for those hedges, I never have, and I know it's very personal but I feel that replacing the hedge with a lot of trees in assortmants would look much better and more natural.

Edit: Ooops didn't see that you restarted...xD Best of luck with the restart, if you have any questions you can ask, I'll answer to the best of my ability. :)

SK3

Years
From what I can see, the mapping is spot on. I don't care for those hedges, I never have, and I know it's very personal but I feel that replacing the hedge with a lot of trees in assortmants would look much better and more natural.

Edit: Ooops didn't see that you restarted...xD Best of luck with the restart, if you have any questions you can ask, I'll answer to the best of my ability. :)

Thanks for the comment! I want every map to have a natural feel to it, and I'll be posting screens every so often to showcase the maps and my overall progress. If you see anything that should be changed, or if you have any suggestions, just point it out, I'd appreciate it :)

Anyways, here's some screens from the next town, Tangelo Town. It's still a work in progress.

TANGELO1.png

TANGELO2.png

I've also finished almost all the scripts for the starting town, still gotta do the Professor script and stuff. I'm planning the beta release as I progress, and I think when I get things up to the third gym, I'll be ready for a release :)

SK3

Years
A slight update:

Here are the areas that will be included in the beta, map not to scale.

lemap.png

I will also post progress more regularly. Right now we're about 10-15% complete, I'd say if the next few weeks go well the percentage will go up to 50.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Thanks for the comment! I want every map to have a natural feel to it, and I'll be posting screens every so often to showcase the maps and my overall progress. If you see anything that should be changed, or if you have any suggestions, just point it out, I'd appreciate it :)

Anyways, here's some screens from the next town, Tangelo Town. It's still a work in progress.

TANGELO1.png

TANGELO2.png

I've also finished almost all the scripts for the starting town, still gotta do the Professor script and stuff. I'm planning the beta release as I progress, and I think when I get things up to the third gym, I'll be ready for a release :)

Really nice man, great usage of the original tiles.
Maybe insert a few new flowers or little trees to fill in those
blank grassy areas.
If you need help making a region map i could maybe whip you up one when i have some spare time :)

SK3

Years
Thanks! Yeah when I find a good set of FR styled tiles, I'll make sure to add some more flowers so the maps have more flare :)

And it'd be awesome if you could make a region map! I'm currently putting the entire region together in my head, so when I know where everything is going to go and how it will connect, I'll contact you :D Thanks in advance.

ROUTE50.png

Small update, Route 50 has been completed, and the woods are being worked on, which puts us at the 15-20% range for the beta completion (map wise)! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back