• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it normal for the ride to make this noise?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've been reading about some amusement park accidents on Wikipedia and came up with the idea of this poll.

Have you ever been on any kind of amusement park/carnival ride while it malfunctioned in any way?

I got stuck on a rollercoaster with some friends a while ago. They wouldn't let anyone leave. The ride kept making a weird noise and happened to break down in the station (and considering a lot of the track involves being upside-down, I'm grateful that it broke down where it did). I had my phone on me and called someone who was waiting for us to leave the ride to explain what was going on. The ride operators gave us coupons for free drinks because we were stuck there for half of an hour or so.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
This has happened to me twice before, but luckily, both incidents ended without a hitch.

Both of these happened at a local amusement park that comes to the city I live in every year:

• I was on this small roller coaster with my mom and a random person, and the ride suddenly stopped. It was nearly over, so we didn't stop on any loops or falls or anything. Apparently, there was an issue with some oxygen pressure or something? Not sure what ended up happening, but they closed the ride for the night right after they let us off of it. (We heard some sort of noise/oxygen seeping out from somewhere on the hinges that were structurally supporting the ride, lol)
  • The final incident occurred on a Ferris wheel while we were at the ride's highest point. It wasn't too bad. I actually enjoyed being able to see all the scenery and environment around me, but we obviously weren't sure of what was going on because you can't hear much from that height. It took the ride people about 15 minutes to bring us back down, and we were never sure about what happened.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Not really. I've been at Disney World when something was wrong with Space Mountain and they had to shut it down, but that's happened every time I've been at Disney World.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
No. I hear about these things and it makes me not ride amusement park rides, which I dont ride anyway due to fears of heights and moving fast/fast moving objects.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I have not but my dad has been. He was riding on the Big one at the pleasure beach in Blackpool and it got stunk right on the top of the big hill. He was stunk there hang over the big drop for an hour and a half.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Nope. All of the rides I've ridden on so far have been functioning well. There were those one or two times when the rides which I wanted to go on closed down temporarily due to some technical problems, but I wasn't on any of them, thankfully.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
No omg that's one of my phobias! I don't go on amusement park rides at all because in addition to roller coasters being terrifying, I don't want the train to jump off the tracks at the top and have me fall to my untimely demise. I'm precious to this world, I could never risk myself in such a way!

Years
No omg that's one of my phobias! I don't go on amusement park rides at all because in addition to roller coasters being terrifying, I don't want the train to jump off the tracks at the top and have me fall to my untimely demise. I'm precious to this world, I could never risk myself in such a way!

^ Same with me, dude.

I have a massive fear of anything that goes very fast or high. And that includes amusement park rides, whether it'd be at Sydney's Easter Show or Luna Park I never went on those rides due to this phobia. So no, I have not had this experience happen to me in any way. And if I ever found myself stuck on a malfunctioning ride I would totally quiver with fear.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I've been to a few amusement parks, but luckily enough i never had to go through anything like that...i think i would freak so much :X

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I remember getting stuck on this ride at Disney literally seconds after they strapped us in. We were about to go up a hill, and then the ride got stuck for 15 minutes. Then, on that same day, we got stuck on the "Buzz Lightyear" ride, the game where you try to shoot stuff and earn points...We all maxed out our points we were stuck for so long. XD Also, there was this one ride we went on at Universal that broke right after we got off it...It went out of commission for a couple days afterward. Scary.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
No I have not. I've only been to the amusement park a few times though. My friend has gotten stuck on a ferris wheel 3 times, so he doesn't go on those anymore :P

Years
I've had some bad experiences on roller coasters (getting shaken too much on the rickety ones, getting sick), but none were because it was broken or anything like that. And thank goodness, because I like roller coasters, and it anything wrong were to happen while I was on one I'd never want to ride one again.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yes, one I bashed my head on the plastic part that was poking through a cushion on a roller coaster. Got a mini concussion.

Second yeah.. the old tomb-raider ride at Wonderland used to be nicknamed "The Breakdown Ride." I didn't believe my bro when he told me that so we lined up. Right when we were 2 people away from riding.. it breaks down. LOL.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I don't even ride roller coasters due to a phobia of the ride breaking, so no. However, I was at Busch Gardens today and the trains that take you around the park were sounding kind of funny. They only go, like, 2 miles per hour so it's not like anything really bad would happen.

Back