• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Current Favorite Character?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
What character in the video gaming universe has turned your crank recently? Update this thread whenever a character you love introduces his or herself or if he or she suddenly makes another spark in your heart! What about that character makes you like them?

TY

I just love him so much. Nod is dead, everything what Nod had in Tiberium Sun is gone and Kane still has hopes and plans to get to Ascension. I could yell his main line alongside him because it doesnt matter what happens, it always goes as Kane wants it to go.

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
Years
Those who have read certain posts of mine will know this, but...

I LOVE FINAL FANTASY IV'S CECIL HARVEY! <3 <3 <3

I'll admit that I'm a fangirl. It's because he's so sweet and adorable!~

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
I'd have to say probably my overall favorite character is Yoshi from the Mario franchise. I was young and absolutely loved dinosaurs, so when I first seen him in Super Mario World, I was hooked. I love his sounds, from "Yoshi, yoshi!" to "Kalaka-hoo!" and I can imitate him almost perfectly.

Years
My favourite character will probably always be Riku from the Kingdom Hearts series. Dat contrast o.o .... But recently, i've fallen in love with both Link and Nathan Drake.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Wario. Always Wario. Ain't changing, man, especially at this time of the year where I play all Wario Land games.

Although I'm into Zelda characters lately. Suppose it's from playing A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker back to back.

Oh yeah, Cranky Kong too.

Years
I have to say, Commander Saturn from pokémon (I know that probably sounds really silly xD) But for five years no one has been able to replace him! He's just so amazing! But i have to love Edward and Haytham Kenway from the Assassin creed games!

Years
I just stared playing the Ocarina of Time remake for the 3DS, so that brings back memories and nostalgia from the N64... I haven't encountered him her them yet, but I absolutely LOVE Sheik. So much.

Umbra Witch Bayonetta

The Wielder of the Left Eye
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 9, 2015
I would have to say Bayonetta. Hands down for me. I mean come on. I based my profile on her. Lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Most recently I'm enjoying some characters from Dragon Age. Morrigan is delightfully shrewish, but I really enjoy such sass in characters. I know she's quite popular among the DA community all the same however. I'm continually impressed by characters from The Witcher series also, Iorveth has to be an ongoing character who I've always liked and admire, even though he's a complete prat.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Sir Artorias, the Abysswalker. Partially thanks to this video. Since you mentioned introductions, I'll say the way one meets him is actually quite harrowing. Throughout the game is heard mention of this implacable figure of legend, and what the player finds (and is forced to defend themself against) is a shadow, consumed by what he fought against; a corrupted soul trapped in a suit of armour animated by the Abyss. He makes for what is probably going to end up being one of my favourite boss fights ever, and is himself quite the badass despite failing his quest.

Years
Right now I'm with Apollo - Ellie from The Last of Us is an awesome character. Despite her age she's been through a hell of a lot and will go through more (I haven't finished the game yet, no spoilers for me please) and still maintains this weird but awesome mix of sass, fear, comedy and badassery that makes her one of the most entertaining characters I have ever seen.

TY

Right now im a huuuuuuge fan of Abathur from StarCraft II

He talks really, but then really efficient, like:

"Broke bones, made new you" (not exactly what he says but a example how he speaks)

Best SC2 character ever imo, though he's Zerg

Years
Leon from Rune Factory 4 yes yes yes. He's so sarcastic and such a tease, I love 'im. Can't get enough. :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Mmm, I think I'm going to go with Cherche from Fire Emblem Awakening. She's pretty odd with her pet dragon. but she's also pretty beautiful and well-mannered when speaking! Plus she's a pretty good Wyvern Knight!

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
Maya Fey, from Ace Attorney. One of my absolute favorite females in any realm of reality ever, she's everything that makes a person perfect. She's playful, obsessive, manipulative (to a comical degree, and only to Phoenix, really), and loves a good burger. She's pretty, smart (enough), and overall wacky. And again, she loves burgers. How can I not love someone like her?

At the same time, though, her backstory's fairly tragic. Her mother left her when she was still really young and her entire village has been lauded and disgraced since an incident 15 years before the first game occurred. Her elder sister left the village (i.e. not the same as leaving her behind) and went on to become a lawyer, only for it to get said sister killed. Worse yet? She takes the blame for it. Later on, acting as Phoenix's assistant, it's nothing but complete and utter torture for her, being constantly put down and viewing herself as completely useless. She gets kidnapped, convicted of murder another time or two, placed in contempt of court, and overall has it rough all the way until Trials and Tribulations, until the games choose to make her no longer relevant. She has a lot of mental scars, yet she still puts on her biggest smile for her friends, and her innocent little cousin, and ends up being one of the most endearing characters in the entire franchise, before, during, and since.

She is THE girl I would marry from a fictional medium, and to me, she's just perfect, through and through. Some may find her annoying, some may see her as a nuisance, some may even want to see her offed entirely, but she will always be my favorite video game character of all time.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
After Persona Q got introduced, Minato Arisato once again =D
I haven't seen better protagonist in any game I played.
His attitude, his uber power, his *insert all characteristics you can raise*, I like everything about him as a protag.

Back