• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Original World] Legend of Padilla (Original Story)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter 21 - The Unveiling Pt. 3

Ever since the Monarchs came back from reclaiming their land things have been quieter around the facility. For about several weeks now every interrogation, mission, and even lunch break Osiris has been doing it all solo. No guard hovering around him 24/7, no surprise visits from Yasi, no nothing. Even Rami had been MIA for a while as well.

Osiris paid the sudden solitude no mind however, he was honestly just planning his route of escape. After finding out all he had, how dark the Monarch really is, he knew staying there any longer would corrupt him beyond repair. After he had finished up in the showers, he headed back to his room. To his surprise Gozar was standing up staring through the window. He turned around to face a half naked Osiris, a stern look rested on his face, almost stonelike.

"So I hear you have been doing some snooping, have we now Osiris?" Gozar said walking closer to Osiris.
"I wouldn't call it snooping...I was just stealthily looking for information in secrecy," Osiris let out a weak laugh as he clenched his towel backing up when Gozar had approached him.
"Don't play dumb with me. What did you read?" Osiris' eyes widened as he knew it was hopeless to withhold anymore information from Gozar.
"I read information in regards to V-essence, how you guys want to be the only race on the planet and practically bleed the other races dry of their own resources. I can't be apart of something like that. Genocide never did anybody any good," Osiris stared down Gozar not breaking eye contact with the stone faced man.
"Your parent's would be so disappointed in you," Gozar said.
"I do not care about them or what they think of me. They are and always will be dead to me," He blatantly responded.
"Is that so...If I am hearing you correctly do you plan on leaving us?" Gozar approached Osiris even closer.
"If that's what it comes to," Osiris kept his gaze fixed on Gozar's. Gozar leaned in and gave Osiris one more look down before he chuckled and brushed passed him. Walking out the room he began heading down the hallway.
"Meet me in Yasi Office then...you are a free man today Osiris," Gozar said before fully exiting the scene. Osiris stood there in silence not fully knowing what to do or say. Skeptical of how the situation went down, he had no choice but to head to Yasi's Office asap. Throwing his clothes on and grabbing his weapons he headed down to Yasi's office; heart thumping through his chest.

When he made it to the door he was halted by several guards. After giving Osiris a pat down they forcefully dragged him into Yasi's office. Two people were on their knees, bags over their heads, hands tied behind their backs. Yasi was sitting at her desk signing off paper after paper paying no attention to anything that was going on in the room. Gozar stood at the side of her desk staring at Osiris the entire time. The guards nudged Osiris one final time pushing him further in the room passed the to tied up people.

"I am here...so now what?" Osiris said as Yasi stopped writing, letting out a soft chuckle.
"I had such high hopes for you Osiris, but just like all men in my life you had to go and disappoint me. I hear from Gozar you want to leave. Well then so be it, but on one condition," The guards walked in the room and pulled the bags off the tied up individuals. There was a slight shift in the air as Osiris tried his hardest to keep a straight face. The tied up individuals were his parents.

"Kill these two traitors and we will let you on your way," Gozar said, a devilish smile stretching across his face.
"Traitors?" Osiris asked trying his hardest not to give away his sudden sense of panic.
"Your mother has been secretly distributing unwarranted information to the GBW, and your father had been paying a countless number of Altamones, Vanutei and even the disgusting body mutating Exatiaz, to kill Reggs in the northern region to make a better living for himself. Normally I would be doing the executing but today I am feeling generous. Also you have your dear lover Rami to thank for this. Your father killed his Father, he devised this entire thing from the start. He knew you wouldn't be here long, we just needed a new fresh test subject and you happened to have fit the bill. Its funny what love can do to a person. Everything that has happened since you stepped foot in Hun city has not only been because of your parents, but because of Rami as well" Yasi said as Gozar picked up a single pistol from Yasi's desk and placed it in Osiris hand. Both of his parent's began groaning in agony, panting viciously through the gags in their mouths. You could hear faint 'pleases' coming from the both of them. Osiris stared at the two of them; sweat, tears, blood and mucus running down their faces. They began breathing profusely through their teeth as Osiris readied himself to use the pistol. They began struggling to untie their hands as they both stared at Osiris, begging for their lives as best as they could.

A darkened loom of aura caste itself over Osiris as he took a deep breath. All his rage toward his parents, the memory of his friends death, the truth behind his parents and who they really are, it all intensified. Quickly drawing the pistol he shot it once clean through his mother's head, then once more through his father's head. Their bodies drifted to the floor heavily as Rami soon entered the room. The second Osiris saw him and pulled the trigger multiple times but no bullets escaped from the chamber. He threw the pistol at Rami who seemed to be hurt, frightened and baffled by Osiris's actions. The pistol hit Rami in the head creating a blood gushing gash.

"I'm sorry Osiris," Rami said as he tried approaching him.
"Fuck you…" Osiris turned his back to Rami facing Yasi, "They are dead...now let me go," Yasi nodded as she snapped her fingers. The guards grabbed Osiris slamming him against the wall as they pinning him against it, restraining any movement from his body. Gozar lifted up a long metal pole with a bright beaming Regg insignia; A sword pointing downwards with two wings sticking out from the hilts...almost like a cross.

"Wait what are you doing?" Osiris face went two shades lighter as he could feel the heat from the brand caressing his exposed skin. Trying to break free from his fate he looked over at Rami who was just as speechless as he was. Yasi snapped once more as Rami turned his back and left the room, not before giving Osiris one more farewell glance, "You can't do this! Stop!" Gozar brought the pole closer to a pinned Osiris as he soon pressed it against his skin. Searing flesh and blood gurgling screams filled the entire land of Arila as Osiris was left with a constant reminder of who he was on his body; a permanent scar. What felt like hours to Osiris was only but a few seconds as he was dropped Osiris to the ground by the Guards once they were finished marking him. Osiris had clenched his chest trying his hardest not to move for the pain only intensified. He was soon met with a foot in the stomach and one in the head knocking him out cold.

"Thank you...for your service," Gozar said.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
UPDATE 2/15/2018

CHAPTER 21 has been UPDATED and more has been added to it to correct some minor explanations and details! enjoy!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Dropping by quickly so you know I'm still following this!

After what he did to his parents and to Rami, I wonder where Osiris is going to go next. He knows too much, and anyone that he really cared for all turned on him. Looking forward to seeing what Osiris has to deal with now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
UPDATE 3/19/2018

Thank you all for waiting so patiently with the next part of the story. Finals week have been a pain but I appreciate all the support I have gotten from this story. I would like you all to know that I will be continuing it and have given you all a special treat. This is probably the longest chapter I have ever written so far but hopefully it makes up for the time that I haven't written ahaha without further ado, I present to you Season Two of The Legend of Padilla.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter Twenty-Two - Redemption

"Mom?" A young Osiris would say, wandering throughout his home in search of his parents, "Dad?" he continued as he walked downstairs being led by the faint sound of adult laughter. Walking to his living room he saw both his mom and dad sitting straight up, backs faced toward him. They continued to chuckle as Osiris called to them once more, "Mom, Dad whats going on?" He said as he crept toward them already feeling uneasy. His parent's began cackling as hard as possible; beyond hysterical. As Osiris made it to where he was just within arms length of them they abruptly stopped their cackle-fit and remained seated and motionless. Osiris's eyes widened as his breathing quickened, sweat dripping down the side of his face.

"Whats the matter sweetie?" Osiris began backing away as he knew something wasn't right.

"Come on son, you can tell your father anything, can't you?" His dad said as he began turning his head around until it reached its maximum point but continued to rotate it as his bones began slowly cracking then fully snapping. A bullet hole appeared on his dads forehead as his mom rotated her head the same way revealing another bullet hole in her head.

"So tell us...How did it feel when you murdered us you useless piece of shit?!" Both of his parents had said laughing hysterically blood spewing out of their mouths. Osiris ran away as the laughing continued to get louder causing his own ears to bleed. Osiris's eyes rolled in the back of his head as he fell back on his head and fainted.

SIX YEARS LATER

Jolting his body out of bed a much older Osiris began panting heavily, sweat pouring from his head, eyes wide and alert.

"Osiris!" A girl beside the panicked Osiris emerged from her share of the covers and placed her hands on his shoulders. He began taking deep breathes as he stared at her. She guided him into a calm state and turned on the lamp on top of the nightstand. He flung his hand at his night stand as he grabbed a bottle filled with a brownish liquid and poured it in a nearby glass. Swiftly grabbing the glass he placed it to his lips and took several gulps as he wiped the excess beverage from the corner of his mouth. The girl continued to stare at him; a look of worry on her face. After locking eyes with her Osiris quickly looked away and held his head down.

"Don't look at me like that Cecile," He said, defeat filling his voice.

"That's the eighth time this week. We can't just ignore these night terrors anymore. Not after what happened to Isis," spite caressed Cecile's words.

"Don't you do that!" Osiris said pointing his finger at Cecile while holding the glass in the same hand, "Isis loves me."

"Isis is afraid of you Osiris!" Cecile stood out of the bed, "Ever since your night terror's you have been a lot more violent and its getting out of hand," Cecile crossed her arms and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Violent? What the fuck do you mean?" Osiris looked at her confused as she lifted up her shirt revealing a grotesque bruise covering a fair portion of her stomach. Osiris's eyes widened as he looked at his hands in disbelief.

"No...no...no that can't be... there must be a ...mistake," He said as tears began trickling from his eyes, slowly sliding down his cheeks to his chin then dripping off.

"You have to take Indigo up on his offer. The Varmel Brothers are our only hope if you wish to get rid of the night terrors. Don't you want to know what sleep is like at all?" Cecile crawled back into the bed sitting beside Osiris grabbing his hands and placing them in her lap.

"I do want to sleep again of course...its just," Osiris began but stopped himself.

"Its just what?" Cecile asked.

"Why Indigo? He is too rambunctious and I just work better alone," Osiris stated.

"You need an ally with you at all times. You are a wanted man of the Monarch's after all. I've never seen a bounty exceed a hundred-thousand gyun before, yikes," Cecile chuckled as Osiris pulled her in for a kiss.

After Osiris had been exiled by the Monarchs he was left by his lonesome to wander the desert alone. When retrieving Isis from Victor's cave, the two set off to the eastern portion of Arila where they reunited with Cecile and got romantic with one another.

The next morning Osiris woke up alone in bed with no sign if Cecile anywhere. He slowly got up as his body was still half awake. Rubbing his eyes he stood up, took a big stretch and walked out of the bed room into the living room. Cecile was nowhere to be seen. Soon a knock on the door startled Osiris but he laughed it off and proceeded to the door to answer it.

Opening the door he was greeted by Cecile and a winter white haired regg who was slightly taller than Osiris. He had gleaming amber eyes and a look of confusion on his face.

"I brought Indigo over to discuss our task at hand; Meeting the Varmel Brothers," the air thickened as Osiris nodded his head still seeming unsure of the current option.

"They are Altamones," Indigo chimed in staring at Osiris, "Meaning they cast spells conjuring the elements and-"

"I know what Altamones are," Osiris said finishing Indigo's sentence for him, "Anyway's to my understanding we are looking to speak with Hector Varmel, the eldest of the brothers," Osiris added.

"Wait why not Ezekiel or Aris?" Cecile asked face scrunched from confusion.

"Hector's the one in charge. He's the brains and brawn of the trio...plus we had an encounter a while back," Osiris turned his head away taking a deep breath before focusing his attention back to the conversation.

"Plus they are the only Altamone's on record able to use sound magic. It's..kinda cool," Indigo said shrugging at both Cecile and Osiris, "When are we headed out?" he continued.

"Now actually," Cecile said as Osiris looked down at his body realizing he had forgot to put his clothes on and pack.

"Oh shit, sorry guys give me a few minutes," He quickly closed and locked the door behind him.

"A few minutes? Osiris what the hell I said be ready," Cecile yelled while pounding her fist on the door.

After about a good hour Osiris walked out of his house and locked the door behind him. He was fully clothed and had a large travel bag packed with everything he needed.

"Limrei Town always seems so peaceful," Osiris said looking around at the lush scenery. Greyish silver brick roads, stone and wooden buildings, trees and bushes full of flowers and fruits scattered all over and a large star shaped fountain spewing crystal blue water.

He assumed that Cecile and Indigo were waiting for him at the fountain, so when he walked over to the large structure he was pleased to see that he was correct.

"Geez it took you long enough, Indigo and I decided to go eat at the pastry shop down the way. Do you have everything?" Cecile asked as Osiris looked at her smiled then nodded.

"Yea, everything is good," Osiris looked around, "I wander if Isis is still mad at me," He said as the group began walking off to the town exit. Soon a subtle stampede of feet ran from behind Osiris and tackled him to the floor before licking him repeatedly, "Hey girl!" He said rubbing her head and massaging her ears, "I'm sorry for scaring you, imma get better I promise. I need you to stay here though and man the fort okay girl?" Isis whimpered but licked Osiris one final time before scurrying off to the house.

"Isis loves you too much..."Cecile said shaking her head as she continued walking with Indigo who paid paid the situation no mind. When making it to the town exit Cecile had ordered everyone a Carfu; A large round feathery bird with no wings but long legs. They are usually 7ft in height and can carry up to two large adults. They basically look like feather balls with two large sticks lodged in the bottom of them. They are used for transportation for they can run extremely fast and are known as the 2nd speediest creature out there. Don't let their appearance fool you because they can carry over 1200lbs. Babies can carry over 700lbs.

After about two hours of wandering the desert for the afamed 'Owl Lucy' Cecile came to a stand still as the others stopped with her.

"Everything okay Cecile?" Indigo asked as she turned to face Osiris.

"So how exactly do you know Hector? Before we go through with this mission you have to be honest with me, with us," Indigo looked at Osiris as well, eyebrows perked with curiosity.

Knowing his back was against the wall Osiris had no other choice but to spill the beans.

"We were buddies in prison..." Leaving it at that he continued onward in the direction of the Owl Lucy. Cecile and Indigo looked at each other before following Osiris. The last few miles of the trip were quiet as nightfall approached. Soon the three made it to Dunir Village were Osiris guided them to a nearby Inn where they'd be spending most of their night.

"Shouldn't we just go see the Varmel brothers now? I mean we are already hear," Inidgo suggested.

"Go ahead and be my guest. We have traveled for well over four hours and took less than five breaks all together. Hector doesn't always like cooperating and ticking him off could be bad for us. We need to be well rested and alert...sound magic is nothing to play with," Osiris secured the Carfu to a post as Cecile did the same. She walked up to Osiris for a brief moment.

"Well aren't you the expert," she stormed off into the inn. Osiris followed after her and Indigo followed after Osiris. Once making it inside Osiris was trying to calm down Cecile as well as reason with her.

"Room for three please?" Inidgo said to the innkeeper as he looked back at Osiris and Cecile going at it. He quickly motioned for their attention as Cecile caught his signal. She brushed passed Osiris and followed Indigo to the room. Osiris remained motionless as he stared at Cecile walk off.

The clanking of glasses alerted Osiris as he followed the sound discovering the inn's bar. Waltzing up to the counter he quickly tapped his hand on its surface trying to get the Bartender's attention. Failing to do so the first time Osiris continued pounding on the counter waiting for the Bartender's response until he calmly but abruptly faced Osiris.

"I have a name," he spoke blatantly.

"Yea? So does everyone, now get me a drink," Osiris retorted as the Bartender scoffed and walked away. About a minute or two had passed and the Bartender returned with a drink in hand. It was a bluish liquid with separate orange orange liquid scattered throughout it.

"Fortunately for you, Inn policy says i have to serve every guest no matter how big of a dick they are. Consider this drink an appreciation of your ever existing gratitude," The Bartender walked away as Osiris sniffed the beverage to make sure it wasn't poisoned. He took a snip and his cheeks immediately started to turn red. This time he took a giant gulp. He placed his hand on his head and licked his lips as he chugged the rest of the beverage down. Placing the mug on the table he pulled out his wallet and left a stunning tip for the Bartender, "What's this?" The Bartender says as he lifts up a mug to find a 150 gyun tip (which is the equivalent to 159 US dollars) and note on a napkin saying 'Sorry', the Bartender couldn't help but smile as he stashed his new gifts away.

Making it to his room Osiris was too intoxicated to make any kind of conversation with Indigo or Cecile. Understanding the situation however, Cecile decided to help him change and get into bed putting him asleep. Indigo smiled at Osiris.

"He's a damaged guy...you can't be so hard on him Cecile. You of all people know what he's been through. Setting him off or making him think he is anything less of a person will only make matters worse," Indigo stared at Cecile intently assuring her he was serious as she nodded assuring him she understood. About thirty minutes later Cecile and Indigo both went to bed. Cecile snuggled up close to Osiris as he draped his arm over her kissing her forehead. Within an instant they both fell into a deep sleep along with Indigo. Loud snores and light breathing filled the room, but soon enough Osiris began tossing and turning his sleep. Cecile noticed instantly snapping out of her slumber and trying to aid Osiris. Shaking his body he continued to toss and turn saying things like "Get out" and "Leave me be". Cecile turned to Indigo who was awake as well and he shrugged his shoulders unsure of what to do. With a look of defeat on her face and worry Cecile sat beside her boyfriend, rubbing his forehead hoping the episode subsides.

Meanwhile in Osiris's head it is not a nightmare he is battling, but a person. His surroundings were dark, but a single light shining from the sky circled around Osiris revealing both himself and the person who had invaded his dreams.

"I thought I heard some hissing in my ear earlier. The snake returns ladies and gentlemen. Osiris Naeem has graced us with his infamous presence. It is a true honor, but really explain to me what you are doing in my village?" If the man's sarcastic tone wasn't a giveaway the glare he delivered to Osiris assured him it wasn't a friendly encounter.

"I thought I told you never to enter my mind again without my consent? and besides...I have a favor to ask of you," Osiris glared at the man hard.

"A favor? What on earth could you possible want from me, hm?" The man replied. He was wearing a snazzy red and black long sleeve suit with a cloak that stretched down to the bottom of his rib cage. He had a blue tinted goatee, sea mist blue skin and darkened blue lips. When flipping his top hat up he then revealed his Polar white eyes. The many characteristics of the Altamones most just call them blues.

"Come on Hector...you owe me."

"Ha. I, owe you? That's mighty rich to hear you say my friend. What exactly makes you think I owe you?"

"Don't make me fucking say it...," The tension in the air thickened as Osiris and Hector had a stare down. Within several minutes of silence, Hector looked at his wrist and smirked.

"We'll it is about time I go...I'll see you tomorrow at 3 at the Owl Lucy," With a snap of his fingers everything went dark, and before Osiris knew it he sprung out of his slumber gasping for air. Snapping his head in multiple directions to see if the cost was clear he noticed that Cecile and Indigo were fast asleep. Looking at the clock beside his side of the bed he saw that the crack of dawn was approaching, however he decided to lay back down and rest his eyes for the real fun to come.

About several hours later, once everyone was fully awake, alive and ready to get going, the group headed to the Owl Lucy and right before Osiris opened the door Cecile had stopped him.

"Before we go in there...I just want to say I love you Osiris...and I am sorry if I haven't been the best person to be around as of lately," Surprised to hear her words Osiris pulled Cecile into a comforting embrace before kissing her on the lips and then her head.

"No apologies needed. I am happy you are here," Indigo cleared his throat loudly alerting Osiris's attention. Rolling his eyes Osiris responded with, "I hope you get eaten by a pack of rabid Kredus Indigo," Osiris said as Indigo laughed.

"You'd know what thats like huh Osiris?" He retorted as Osiris knocked on his mechanic leg. As the group headed inside the building they were greeted by a room full of people dancing, drinking and singing along to the Varmel Brothers on stage.

"That's right people! Keep on movin' those toes!" Hector would shout, twirling on stage dancing away with his brothers.

"Wow...they are actually really good," Cecile baffled as she couldn't help but dance to the tune as well. Soon thereafter Indigo followed Cecile's lead and began dancing as well, "I can't stop," She said.

"Me neither," Indigo responded as he continued to dance his way to the dance floor.

"Osiris what is going on?" Cecile said noticing that Osiris was unfazed by the music.

"Hector uses sound magic to control all who step foot in his club, giving them all the urge to dance. I...sort of developed an immunity to it long ago. Its harmless though. Just enjoy yourself, we will talk to him after," Cecile looked at Osiris worried but the magic was too strong and she dashed to the dance floor and began dancing alongside Indigo. Osiris watched from the sidelines, scoping out the area making sure nothing and no one looked suspicious. He noticed the clubs bar and decided to walk on over. Buying himself what appeared to be a greenish, yellow liquid he chugged it down and placed up two fingers as the bartender stared at him; fear in his eyes as if Osiris as crazy. Leaving his station the man returned with two more of the same drink as Osiris downed them both and turned his body to face the dance floor. After about an hour of dancing the music died down and the people looked whooped. Cecile and Indigo hurried to Osiris plopping themselves in the seats beside him gasping for air.

"I have never danced so much like that in my life," She said as she asked the bartender for some water.

"You and I both," Indigo said as he asked the bartender the same thing. The bartender handed them both tall glasses of crisp cold water as the two chugged it down taking not a single breath until they were done.

"I don't think I could ever dance like that again," Cecile said half laughing.

"Oh but you guys looked so good," Hector appeared from the shadows. Mouth curved from cheek to cheek as both of his brothers stood behind him, "If you guys wouldn't mind...I believe we have a meeting to attend to," He said as he gestured them to follow him.

"Wait what about all of your guests? shouldn't we start the meeting after the club closes?" Cecile asked.

Hector laughed as he lifted his arm fanning his hand once. Within an instant everyone in the bar even the bartender himself all froze in place; Osiris, Cecile and Indigo were the only ones untouched.

"Now if you'll follow me please," He said as he walked to a backroom, his brothers tailing behind. Osiris, Cecile and Indigo soon followed after, heading into the room closing the door behind them. Once entering they were greeted by the three brothers sitting at the opposite end of a table adjacent from Osiris and the others. For a good long ten minutes the two stared each other down before Cecile broke the silence.

"I'm sorry to interrupt the conversation you two are having," Cecile spoke sarcastically, "But we need your help Hector...more specifically Osiris needs your help but he unfortunately-"

"Can't seem to say it for himself," Hector spoke finishing Cecile's sentence, "Tell me Osiris, why is it so hard for you to ask for favors?" Osiris's eyebrows furrowed as he was clear he was gritting his teeth; a fire was brewing.

"Why is it hard for you to keep your word?" Osiris said as one of the Varmel brothers adjusted himself in his seat ready to get up and teach Osiris a lesson. Hector calmed down his brother before directing his attention back to Osiris.

"Easy now Ezekiel no bloodshed today, we are just talking...like adults," Hector's tone grew more serious, "So tell me exactly what it is you want?"

"I need you to rid me of these night terrors...They are getting worse and are impairing my judgement and everyday living. You guys are the only Altamones I know that can help me with this...and besides Hector you owe me," Cecile and Indigo looked at each other before looking at Osiris.

"Owe you?" Aris, the second oldest Varmel brother, had spoken, "Why exactly does Hector owe you?" he looked at Osiris peering into his retinas.

"What do you mean Osiris?" Cecile asked feeling a sudden shift in the air. Both Hector and Osiris were having their famous stare down yet again.

"I owe you...not a damn thing,"Hector said as he placed his elbows on the table holding his hands together resting his mouth on his thumbs.

"You do and you fucking know you do!" Osiris said as Cecile and Indigo placed their hands on him trying to calm him down, "You took everything away from me!"

"I gave you a second chance! I gave you freedom!" Hector said as he stood up but was to detained by his brothers in an attempt to calm him down.

"You killed Rami!" Cecile and Indigo both released Osiris as he couldn't hold the tears back anymore. Aris and Ezekiel released Hector as well. Hector looked at Osiris face full of guilt, "You...you killed Rami."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter Twenty-Three - Collapsing

After about an hour of arguing Ezekiel finally stepped in deciding to defuse the dispute between Osiris and Hector.

"It is clear there are a lot of emotions feeling the air, but in times like these the more allies we have the better. We have to settle our differences now," The rest of the room was silent as everyone looked at each other waiting for someone to speak up.

"Alright I'll do it...but on one condition," Hector said smirking at Osiris.

"Of course. And what might this condition be?" Osiris glared at Hector.

"You have to help me steal some important documents," Hector said blatantly. For several minutes Osiris stared at him waiting to see if he would crack or break but soon enough he grew too impatient and gave up on trying to debunk his proposition.

"What kind of documents are we talking about here?" Osiris said as Hector smirked. Looking at both Ezekiel and Aris they nodded at Hector as they proceeded out of the room. Osiris looked at Cecile and Indigo as they were heading out the room as well.

"Actually Indigo, I could use you here as well. This is going to be a crafty task," Indigo looked at Cecile then looked at Osiris.

"Trust me on this Cecile," Osiris said to her as she nodded walking out the room. Indigo pulled up a seat next to Osiris as the two of them faced Hector giving him their full attention.

"As many of you know I am a part time Drug lord and smuggler. Part of the reason I was imprisoned was mainly because of who I am, not what I do," Hector began.

"Your point?" Osiris interjected.

"My point being, I make a lot of money and have paid a lot of people to keep an eye on things around here and throughout the eastern parts of Arila for me. A very important man is coming to Dunir Village tomorrow afternoon and we are going to take the documents right out of his hand," Hector softly chuckled to himself as Osiris leaned forward placing his elbows on his knees resting his chin in his clasped hands.

"Is he killable?" Osiris asked.

"Of course he is, he isn't that important. But lets just try not to kill him. Only if the situation demands it do we draw blood," Hector responded.

"What race is the man we are robbing?" Indigo asked eyebrows furrowed.

"That is unknown, he keeps most of his body covered so he could be anything under the sun. With that in mind try to be on your toes about ever single possible way this could go wrong," The room went silent, everyone left alone with their thoughts, thinking up plans A-Z just in case things go south. After about several minutes all eyes focused on Osiris as if he was the voice of reason.

"Fine I'll do it. But if we do have to kill him...I'll be the one to do it, I have killed plenty of people, no need for any of you to be getting each others hands bloody; mines are already drenched."

After about several hours had gone by the three men walked out of the office room. Cecile immediately ran to Osiris and Indigo asking more questions than the two were visibly uncomfortable with.

"There is a lot I can't say right now, but just know that when these night terrors are expelled we are going to sleep whenever, wherever without a worry in the world," Osiris smiled at Cecile as she hugged him. He turned his head to face Hector who appeared to be distantly looming over him. Concentrating his gaze Osiris could see the aura of all around him. He hadn't used this ability since he was exiled by the Monarch's but for some reason an urge in his core told him he needed to use. To his surprise though, Hector's Aura was pure...it was Cecile's that made him pause for a moment. Her Aura was a smoke black and red color. He stared at her almost scared to death. Before anyone noticed his mood shifted he quickly reverted his gaze and vision and fixed his composure as Indigo, Cecile and himself walked out the club.

"Everything alright Osiris?" Cecile had asked as she placed her hand on his shoulder. A searing chill shot down Osiris's spine as he jumped a tad. Indigo and Cecile jumped as well looking at each other then at Osiris.

"Are you ok?" Indigo asked, "Had one too many drinks?" He said jokingly. Osiris forced a weak chuckle as he combed his fingers through his hair.

"Yea...you could say that," the group headed back to the Inn. No one knew about Osiris's hidden ability, and the only two people who do know are the only Vanutei Osiris has ever encountered on a physically personal level; Victor and Vernos. It was clear however that Osiris new something was up. Though he still doesn't know what colors mean for peoples aura's he knew something was off about Cecile's; off enough to startle him.

After finally making to the Inn Cecile immediately headed upstairs.

"I think I am going to hit the showers and take a nap. Are you coming Osiris?" She asked smiling at him. He at first didn't answer her because all he could see was the black and red smoke circling her spirit, but he cleared his throat before answering.

"Actually indigo said he was going to treat me to another drink, i'll be up in a second. I love you," he said walking up to Cecile, kissing her for a moment then walked away pulling Indigo in the direction of the bar.

"Wait I never said-" Osiris delivered an express mailed elbow to Indigo's side as the two continued walking to the bar, "Fucking christ Osiris I get it. Use your words you damn barbarian," rubbing his side Indigo sat at a booth closest to the bar.

"Sorry..." Osiris said. Before Indigo continued his rant about Osiris he stopped once he saw the look of worry and fear in his eyes.

"Whats going on Osiris?" Indigo has asked but Osiris remained quiet. Closing his eyes he took several deep breaths before deciding it was time to address Indigo. He stared at him for a few seconds as the tension in the air began to thicken. A single bead of sweat streaked down the side of Osiris's head as he soon began to speak.

"I haven't been entirely truthful to you or Cecile about who I am as a person. I did live in Hun City but spent some time at the Monarch Academy in Jun City. They taught me how to fight, hunt, kill and persuade. About my metal leg-"

"It's titanium? How could you?!" Indigo said jokingly. Osiris forced a smile but it was clear to see he wasn't the least bit amused.

"When my leg was torn off by a Kredus they replaced it with this mechanical device using a substance they call V-essence. Killing a vanutei releases this essence from the vanutei's body making it 'harvest-able'," Osiris continued his statement ending it in an eyebrow furrow.

"So what? You were giving a leg that healed well thanks to Vanutei?" Indigo scoffed.

"It's not just that...At first I thought I was seeing things, but once I began to see various colors of energy surrounding each individual, I knew it was something else," Osiris clenched his hands together on the table as he faced his head down.

"Are you trying to tell me you might be part Vanutei?" Osiris looked around before focusing his attention back on Indigo and nodded. Several seconds later a gleeful spark of energy shot through Indigo's face as he flashed a smile that stretched from ear to ear, "That is so amazing!" he shouted as everyone in the bar stared at their both wondering what all the commotion was about. Indigo and Osiris played it off as if they were the ones making the ruckus. Soon thereafter everyone resumed to their drinking as Indigo leaned forward getting closer to Osiris. In a soft yet still loud whisper Indigo said to Osiris, "Sorry."

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Until further notice i will not be adding anymkre chapters to Padilla legend. Im slightly discouraged with the little feedback I've been recieving and all and I dont think im that great of a writer. Until i find my comfort zone/happy place and have found my muse to write...there is nothing else for me to do other than spectate the forums. I appreciate all of the views I have recieved already 2000 is more than i could have asked for honestly, but i just need time. So again I thank you. All of you.

-Jaba

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry for the very late response to your chapters. Real life had me really busy.

The one thing that was difficult for me to follow was the time skip. I had to keep going back and forth to the last chapter to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Especially when it's revealed that Rami was killed by Hector, both things coming from nowhere. It's really just that a six year time skip is a lot of time to cover, especially when there's been so many changes.

Other than that, you're still setting up this world that's full of twisted people focusing on getting themselves ahead, no matter what. Osiris just keeps getting in deeper into this mess, when he's only trying to help himself and his friends.

Hopefully your writing spirit comes back soon.

Back