• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcc5m

what
Years
Too busy during the week, but I got 4 Pokemon done today, up to Kricketot:
454vu.png

EDIT: I've decided that I'm going to be basing my future hacks on Ruby, so I'll only need 1 frame, therefore, I'm removing frame 2. Also this cuts off the work load by a considerable amount.

...You have got to be kidding me. I was using the second frames >_>

Edit: And the ones that were already up are gone too. Well that's just brilliant...

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
...You have got to be kidding me. I was using the second frames >_>

Edit: And the ones that were already up are gone too. Well that's just brilliant...
I only deleted them from the post. I still have the files. But I'm not going to make any more second frames, do you really expect me to make 1947 sprites (649 front + 649 frame 2 + 649 back)? 1298 sprites is a little more manageable than 1947. (and yes I know I got some help with Sinnoh backsprites so I don't really have to make 1298 sprites blahblahblah)

But here's all the ones completed that had 2 frames:

Years
What starting free space do you plan to use for this patch? I know that Emerald is limited on space, and if I were to make a hack, I would want to future proof it with this patch in mind.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
How is this been going Chaos Rush? No rush or anything. Just checking if you were busy or planning a big announcement ;)
Just because I haven't posted anything doesn't mean I haven't been working on it. Hence why I "secretly" added Reshiram's sprite three days ago:
reshiramv.png

What starting free space do you plan to use for this patch? I know that Emerald is limited on space, and if I were to make a hack, I would want to future proof it with this patch in mind.
Well on Ruby I actually haven't inserted any of the sprites yet, I don't plan on doing so until all new Pokemon are inserted along with icons and dex entries, etc. So probably around 0x700000, since Ruby's free space starts around 0x600000.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
Alrighty then, I have finished a sheet for the backs for Gen 4. Here's a direct link to a photobucket album with all four sheets.
As far as the front sprites go, feel free to use any of the following
Spoiler:

Since I only resized front sprites when absolutely necessary these should all fit in with your resizing scheme. Unfortunately that breaks down a little with Arceus since it doesn't really fill the canvas well. I think a custom sprite might be better there, but I'm by no means capable of that. Obviously credit Wesley if you decide to use his sprites, and as I've already gotten permission from him to repackage them you should be fine there as well.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alrighty then, I have finished a sheet for the backs for Gen 4. Here's a direct link to a photobucket album with all four sheets.
As far as the front sprites go, feel free to use any of the following
Spoiler:
Well the backsprites will definitely be of use, thank you. Unfortunately I won't be using all of them, only most, since you guys resized D/P backsprites rather than the Pt/HG/SS ones (yes, several Pokemon had updated backsprites starting with Platinum).

Since I only resized front sprites when absolutely necessary these should all fit in with your resizing scheme. Unfortunately that breaks down a little with Arceus since it doesn't really fill the canvas well. I think a custom sprite might be better there, but I'm by no means capable of that. Obviously credit Wesley if you decide to use his sprites, and as I've already gotten permission from him to repackage them you should be fine there as well.
Sorry, but I probably won't be using any of the front sprites. None of them fit with my resizing scheme, I explained in the first post that I resize Pokemon even if they already fit in 64x64. This is so that certain small and medium Pokemon don't look ridiculously huge. If you look at my montages on the first post, you'll notice that I resized Pokemon like Grotle and Prinplup, even though their original sprites fit into 64x64, they looked ridiculously huge. Compare your Grotle to the Grotle in my signature, see my point?

I do apologize if I sounded rude, I'm merely explaining, and I'm very very grateful that you posted backsprites that I can use, it saves me a lot of trouble, so thank you.

Oh, and I wasn't planning on posting these for a while, but here are the sprites I've completed since I "secretly" added Reshiram's sprite:
456ng.png

455b.png

016l.png

(credit goes to jhajjar for the Pidgey backsprite, and credit goes to Wiznatt's people for the Sinnoh backsprites)

I didn't want to post them yet at first because that's only 3 extra Pokemon lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
I totally agree with you that Grotle looks too big, but out of curiosity how do you plan on resizing something like Giratina to anything smaller than 64*64. Thats why I listed the ones that were almost full size gen 4 sprites. Stuff like Rhyperior and Drapion would certainly fill the canvas. Maybe my phrasing was weird in conveying what I meant. When I said "these should all fit" I was referring to the ones listed in the spoiler, not every sprite in the sheet.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I totally agree with you that Grotle looks too big, but out of curiosity how do you plan on resizing something like Giratina to anything smaller than 64*64. Thats why I listed the ones that were almost full size gen 4 sprites. Stuff like Rhyperior and Drapion would certainly fill the canvas. Maybe my phrasing was weird in conveying what I meant. When I said "these should all fit" I was referring to the ones listed in the spoiler, not every sprite in the sheet.
Oh, for some reason I thought you meant every one on the sheet lol. Of course Giratina will be 64x64. Now that I understand what you meant, yeah, I may end up using some of the full size Pokemon you listed, but we'll see, since a while ago I picked out which exact sprite I want to be used for each Pokemon on this project, but thank you, and sorry for the misunderstanding. You didn't mention that the list you posted were "big" Pokemon, I thought it was just "sprites you're allowed to use", hence why I was confused.

(I'm definitely using Gliscor :P)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
chao, so how you actually do the sprite, erh i mean step so that the sprite can be so pretty...
cause me now do the sprite...actually i almost draw it 1 pixies by 1 pixies, 1small graph also need hours,and the effect not so good...
can teach me? i see the tutorial all just briefly say only... and always blur...
View attachment 62786

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Imma post this anyways......
e12onn.jpg

I resized cyndaquil even that it fits the 64x64 it tinier than the R/S/E sprite
And those others got a resize of 80% and 85%

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Guys, I've said at least 3 times that if you're interested in helping me, PM me first. I have very strict guidelines on how the style of these sprites are. Not to mention I've already decided which sprite from which game I'm going to resize for every single Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Luxio, Luxray, and Budew completed:
459g.png

Along with another surprise...
549b.png

So I realized that my Servine backsprite looks x9999 times better than my crappy Snivy, Reshiram, and Zekrom backsprites, so I'm going to re-do Snivy, Reshiram, and Zekrom's backsprites.

EDIT: yay
547b.png
550.png

Last edited:

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Hey Chaos Rush. I see this is very much coming along. I agree that the Servine backsprite is excellent but under Servine in the first post you uploaded Snivy xD Might want to fix that lol

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I just wanted to point out a wee mistake in your images above. In the generation 5 links, the link to Servine links to Snivy. Thought I'd point out this little mistake. :)

EDIT: Ah shoot! - Speedster beat me to it! Stupid Internet of mine :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hey Chaos Rush. I see this is very much coming along. I agree that the Servine backsprite is excellent but under Servine in the first post you uploaded Snivy xD Might want to fix that lol

I just wanted to point out a wee mistake in your images above. In the generation 5 links, the link to Servine links to Snivy. Thought I'd point out this little mistake. :)

EDIT: Ah shoot! - Speedster beat me to it! Stupid Internet of mine :P
Fixed. I "secretly" made alterations to their backsprites so when I re-uploaded them I got them mixed up I guess.

But oh well, might as well post these too:
460.png

461j.png

462w.png

(the reason why I made Roserade slightly smaller than Gen III Roselia is because I think Gen IIII Roselia is actually too big, so when I get to Gen III Pokemon, I'll resize B/W Roselia to something that's bigger than Budew, but smaller than Roserade)

Another thing I noticed: In the 4th Gen games, all backsprites actually go inside of the textbox about 8 pixels, and if I were to resize it for a GBA screen, it would be 6 pixels. But the reason why I'm not shaving off 6 pixels on each backsprite is because not all front sprites are resized with the same scale factor (for instance, Bulbasaur's front sprite is not resized at all), but all backsprites were resized 80%, so it would be better to leave the backsprites without the bottom 6 pixels cutoff since they already look kinda small anyways.

(and anyone can just adjust the altitude of the Pokemon with Wichu's sprite editor if it really bothers them)

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2016
Does anyone have a good resize of a b/w jolteon sprite? I can't seem to find one.

VempireblacK

VempireblacK=NightkymZ
Years
I have All Pkmn Sprites which Shiny,normal,back,transparent and all.
All by HackMew Producion.Search it in mediafire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back