• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Hacking Team:The Nightmare Hackers

waterninja7

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Years
WELCOME TO MY OUR POKEMON HACKING TEAM APPLICATION THREAD!

pokemonnightmarebanner.png

5xsxrbm.png
.::Team Name::.

The Nightmare Hackers

5xsxrbm.png
.::Introduction::.

Hey guys. Well, as you can see from my title I want to form together a pokemon rom hacking team. Im new at hacking and thought that with a team I can get my newly started rom hack, Pokemon Nightmare Version, started. I'm new to the whole hacking team thing also so Im not sure how many people should be on the team, but whatever the amount I am looking for teamwork and cooperation, patience, friendship etc. My goal is to get the hack to be popular. Maybe such as Pokemon Shiny Gold and so on. Anyway, on to information about the rom.

5xsxrbm.png
.::Storyline of Pokemon Nightmare::.

In Pokemon Nightmare Version, you star as a young beginning trainer. Lately, there have been large amounts of rain-fall. Throughout the story, more information adds up for you to figure out what is the cause of the rain is. This includes, incountering many water/ice legends or bosses, and another evil plot by none other then Team Aqua. Towards the end of the Gym Leader part of the game (Before Elite4), you get to the last town, where you battle the last gym leader, me (other supporters of this game will be the gyms and elite4/champion). The last town, Newbell City, is flooded and you go through a series of events until you battle Dark Lugia.

5xsxrbm.png
.::Short and Sweet::.

Beat Dark Lugia, the flood goes away, battle last gym leader, face elite4.
and we'll go on from there. lol, I've said too much.

Anyways, thats the storyline, for anyone who seems interested in joining the team. A few comments I'd like to make on the game quickly.

.::SCREENSHOTS::. (Changed to Sapphire)
Spoiler:

5xsxrbm.png
.::Comments::.

• Rains in every town. (Heavily rains in some towns)
  • Different Map if possible. (If we could create our own region that would be great)
  • ONLY IF POSSIBLE, Sinnoh Pokemon are allowed. (But I want to keep this game neat, if the sprites are messy and don't look, "game like", I really do not want them)
I am open to take any suggestions made by Supporters.
Supporters will also get the Pokemon Nightmare userbar (My first userbar made, ever). This is located in my signature, along with the main title screen of Pokemon Nightmare. The "POKEMON" sign in it IS a little messy I know, and I will also accept an offer if someone else has one they'd like it to be in.

Ok then.... Im being very specific with this post!

5xsxrbm.png
.::This Hack Will Be Made from::. (Changed to Sapphire)

Spoiler:

5xsxrbm.png
.::Now for jobs::.

Like I said above I have no clue how many people should be on a hack team, so Im guessing around Fifteen.
(I want this to be a group project of fifteen, not a commitee of thirty, but IDK the amount of people)
(Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Uhm, I said again I am new to this. I've gotta the hang of some hacking softwares. One major thing I need a few people to know is something I completly have no idea and completely suck at, Scripting. I have experience in web designing with codes so I get the concept of it, and Im starting to learn the basic commands, but my Pokescript does not have the option to compile scripts and even then, I might have messed up.
Back to what I was saying.

I am good in some softwares.
Advance Map
Advance Text
A few other other "mini-softwares"
Advance Starter (Starters are Snorunt (Ice), Houndour (Fire), Diglett (Ground).)
So with these I can edit a few important things in the game. Although some things I do need help with or in fact someone can teach me, IDK.
One would be putting in the title screen, and obviously two is scripting.
(Sorry, I sound dumb at this, hehe...)

So...........
If anyone wants to join the group I need them to post with their real first name, the different jobs they can perform while doing the rom, and I want a comment on the idea (what you think of it) along with (you dont need this) any ideas they would like to add or change.

(EDIT: At the bottom is an application form for you to fill out if you want to.)

Thanks for reading guys! ( a little bit more)

This is where I will update the team members!
5xsxrbm.png
.::Supporters::.

1. Evan/Waterninja7---Mapping, Text, other mini-programs
2. Artonkn/PokeAddict59---Mapping, Spriting, Userbars
3. TehSquidly---Spriter
4. Sitrow---

16+.Maybe More If Needed...

5xsxrbm.png
.::REMEMBER::.

This is a Team effort. I am not the leader or owner of this rom, we all are.
Note: ONLY JOIN IF you are 100% going to stay with this rom from beginning to end, no matter what the reason for not wanting to.
Noone is going to quit this, because there will be NO reason to quit. lol

5xsxrbm.png
.::Why I want this team::.

Well, I've always wanted to make a Pokemon Hack that was well known. Obviously I wont be able to do that alone, which is why im making this thread right now! :)

5xsxrbm.png
.::APPLICATION FORM::.

What is your first name?
What skills can you put towards this hack?
Any proof of this skill? (video, spriting etc.)
Any past experiences? (Have you worked in another team before)
How can I or another member contact you? (Email?, MSN?)

.::One Little Add On::.

Below Is a List of the things I hope to acomplish in this Hack. It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help with any of these.
  1. New Maps
  2. New Region
  3. New Original Trainer (I was Hoping Brendans sprite but that isn't exactly new)
  4. Dark Lugia has its own pokedex and attacks etc.
  5. New Storyline (Advanced Scripters Needed)
  6. New Graphics
  7. ANY OTHER IDEAS WILL BE ACCEPTED
  8. Many Boss Pokemon
.::USERBARS::. (Right Click>Save As)
PokemonNightmareUserbar.png

PokemonNightmareUserbar2.png

pokemonnightmareuserbar3.png

.:: PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING THIS TEAM::. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NinjaEvan3.png
Please Join this Team so we can get hack-famous! :) ~~~Evan/Waterninja7

Last edited:

Artonkn

Sup.
Years
Can i join?

(I cant show image in this post beacause i havent done 15 posts yet)

What is your first name? Not real name but call me Artonkn

What skills can you put towards this hack?
Userbars (see sig) Sprites (Go Youtube and type in Xido Pokemon and click on the one that says Xido) Maps

Any past experiences? (Have you worked in another team before)
Have Not bean in a team. Never completed
a game

How can I or another member contact you? (Email?, MSN?)
Can't you just Pm me?

Last edited:

waterninja7

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Years
The USerbar is pretty cool! -thumbs up smiley-
However I really need some proof on the maps.
You can maybe screenshot the page and then uploading it to photobucket.com or tinypic.com

------------------------------------------------------------

.::How To Screenshot::.
  1. Hold the ALT key
  2. While holding, press the button labeled "Print Screen" on your keyboard
  3. Open up normal PAINT
  4. Hold the Ctrl button and press "V"
  5. The page you screenshotted should now be on PAINT
  6. Save the picture and upload it.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Instead of on the forums you can email me at [email protected]
As for the sprites, I am looking towards more trainer sprites then pokemon sprites. Im also looking for overworld sprites of the trainers.
These are some examples here...
http://wah.studiopokemon.com/sprites/minis-en.php

Artonkn

Sup.
Years
I will quickly Make a Map and make an album in my profile named : Proof
I will edit/ make a new reply when uploaded.

Edit: Ready Now. they're in my pics album. Btw these are not for this game. There are just random ones from ruby. I will make one to do with story. :)

And the sprites I don't have a program for GBA to put on a rom

Last edited:

waterninja7

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Years
Ok, Pokeaddict, your in!

Ok, cool maps. Obviously I'll need more detail in it such as lakes and trees etc etc for it to look more natural. Ya know?(The hack will be firered) But anyway, the overworld looks good. The one that will be in our game will need another sprite for your trainer card (facing forward) and a battle form (facing backwards). If you want you can get started right now, we dont have all of the people yet so it is not neccesary for you to but you can if you want. I need 3 more userbars for supporters to pick out and obviously an overworld (and the facing forward, backward) sprite. I liked the idea of a brandon sprite but I need a completely new one for this hack.
Ugh, awhile back I had a picture off of google with blank trainer overworlds. Obviously I lost it <_<. whatever.
The maps for now are not needed until we get a graphic artist to make a new tileset. One other option you can do to help out now is advertise this thread :). Make a youtube video, post the link everywhere on the internet in pokemon forums.... anything, anything to get people to join :P.
Your in.

(Note: I will edit this thread once i find the blank trainer overworld)

waterninja7

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Years
Pokemon Overworlds

I didn't mention in my first post what the exact bosses that will be in the game are, but I think now I finally found out. The pokemon in my third userbar, Dusclops, Cloyster, Gengar, Regice, Kyogre, and of course lastly Lugia (dark Lugia) will be those bosses. LUCKILY I found a pokemon overworld sprite sheet of all the pokemon! By ALL I mean all the bosses. I was lucky because they only had a few hoenn pokemon and out of them they had dusclops, regice and kyogre. So thats great. Im still thinking of some way that introduces these pokemon and why they may be the cause to all this rain, but in the mean time I'm going to start on the first hometown. The map and text. This however will just be the "Blueprints" to the permenant town. It'll look the exact same though, just with a different tileset. Once I am done this I will save, and then give the rom over to you, PokeAddict, for you to put the overworld on (I'll give you time to work on it). That reminds me, do you know how to insert an overworld on?

superrealover6io.png

hoennfuk6.png

Artonkn

Sup.
Years
I done userbar N.o 1 It Simply has a dark lugia and "POKEMON NIGHTMARE SUPPORTER" It will be put in an album in my profile (until i've had 15 posts)

That reminds me, do you know how to insert an overworld on?

No, not yet.

Oh and i've been thinking: Shiny Dark Lugia. If we are having one i vote that it is red.

waterninja7

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Years
Great! The Shiny Dark Lugia Idea is not a bad idea. Every pokemon has a shiny form so why doesnt dark lugia? :P

Just to let you know, if you post in the same category twice, your posts wont go up.
I've tried, so it took mke an extra bit to get more posts.

waterninja7

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Years
lol. Go to the search bar at the top of this page under of course "search" and type in "how to insert an overworld"

there are some softwares that allow you to.

waterninja7

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Years
Ok, thats good, at least it gets members to wonder what the short vid is about.

I'll make one now too.

[EDIT] Another Advertising Video I put up.
We should have some more people joining the team soon enough :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/9IiQbHTS3VE&hl=en&fs=1

I got the link out of the embed code so it is fullscreen on the page.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2012
Ill join the team

What is your first name? Kai
What skills can you put towards this hack? videos, Im on the same level of hacking as you
Any proof of this skill? no
Any past experiences? never
How can I or another member contact you? email /msn

Back