• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Shiny pokemon have you captured Legitly?

Years
In SoulSilver I have a shiny Farfetch'd.

In my brother's Diamond he has three shinies - Budew, Graveler and Unown (U Form)

Also, in Black today I was looking for items in the Chargestone Cave and caught a shiny Drilbur! He's my first shiny capture in Unova.

And in Ruby, I have a shiny Duskull.

Last edited:

bullrex

The Grass Dragon
Years
I've only caught two Shinies in my lifetime
A shiny Lairon in Emerald, just minutes after my long owned aggron died to wally in a nuzlocke.
and A shiny Starly in Diamond minutes after my first starly died in a grinding accident

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
It's called soft resetting, RNGing, or luck. Signomi, a member here, found a shiny Virizion on Black her first time facing it, without even trying for it to be shiny. So yes, it's possible to get shiny legendaries. All except for Victini, Reshiram, and Zekrom. So if anyone says they have a shiny one of those, then it's definitely not legit. I don't think shiny Arceus or Celebi is either, since I don't think you can RNG for shiny Wondercard Pokemon.

Oh. And I totally forgot to mention my shiny Igglybuff. Woo hoo odd egg!
What's RNGing? Never heard of it.

Rather Zakki

Artist and Creator
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
A shiny Zubat and a shiny Koffing in Gold and hatched a shiny Charmander in Diamond.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What's RNGing? Never heard of it.

RNG abuse can be used to get flawless shiny Pokemon, which is what I use it for. Though there is discussion on whether or not it is legit. It manipulates the game, however it doesn't use an external device like an Action Replay. It's more commonly seen as legit, including here at PC so trading RNG'd Pokemon is perfectly fine.

This thread might explain better than I can. It's actually pretty fun to do when you get the hang of it. But I digress.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Well I did catch a Shiny Cleffa in Diamond back in Mount Coronet and a Shiny Rattata back in Route 1 on Leaf Green legally so that's somethin to smile about I guess lolol.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Only one, and it was a Tentacruel, in Pokemon Diamond I think it was. So pretty much out of 9 years or so of Playing Pokemon, I only caught one Shiny. Though when I saw it, I kind of jumped!

I might have seen other shiny Pokemon in the past when I was younger, but never knew it was anything special, or I might have not been paying much attention and just trying to get through the grass.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2012
Two Geodudes, a Magikarp (Why do I always get terrible ones)
A couple weeks after the Winona episode of Pokemon Advanced Battle aired I almost caught a shiny Taillow. It was amazing. I was all like "OMG NO WAY, It's winona's shiny taillow!!!" And then my Manectric killed it with Shock Wave.....I have never used Manectric since.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Gyarados (hasn't everyone?), Unown, Rattata, and Chansey. Other than Gyarados on SoulSilver, the other 3 came from Diamond.

Though, I used a trick with Red and Silver to get a Shiny Ditto way back when, but I guess that's cheating.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Just a Swinub in HeartGold. What's great is that I was actually looking for one to add to my team, then the first one I encountered in the Ice Path happened to be shiny.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2012
The only legit shiny pokemon I've caught in my years of playing is a shiny ponyta in Pokemon platinum.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Well I've chained quite a lot so I've gotten quite a bit the legit way. I don't know how to hack and i'm too lazy to learn so it's easier for me to chain in platinum. My happiest day was when I got my first shiny eevee. I wanted to Turn-it into an espeon and I did. (just had to get my username in there :D)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I caught many shiny Pokemon. My last shiny I encounter was a shiny Doduo in my Crystal Version. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Shiny Rhyhorn in a Platinum Hack. I got partnered with Riley, and I saw a Rhyhorn. Riley's Lucario OHKO'd it with Aura Sphere.
Shinies:
D: Larvitar, Gastly.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I have only ever found a shiny Zubat and a Palkia. Opposite ends of the spectrum there!

MagikarpFTW

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
On Pokemon Diamond I got a Shiny Unown, Platinum I got a Shiny Zubat as well as a Shiny
level 99 Magikarp in the Resort Area, best capture ever.

Back