• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Circle

Should the main character have dialogue or remain silent?

• Dialogue

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Silent

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
since everyone else is posting their choices, ill post mine.....

actually, ill just post every pokemon line i would prefer

Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Treecko, Torchic, Piplup, Pidgey, Starly, Abra, Gastly, Nidoran (M & F), Geodude, Scyther, Elekid, Magby, Eevee, Dratini, Larvitar, Poochyena, Ralts, Slakoth, Aron, Zangoose, Duskull, Bagon, Beldum, Shinx, Gible, Riolu, Rhyhorn, Spheal Mewtwo, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Deoxys, Kyogre, Groudon, Latios,

others of course, but these are my top picks

Also, it would be cool to just keep the legends out. Makes for a harder game in my opinion.

Last edited:

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Woohoo!
I have changed the mouse patch, edited varaibles etc. and finally made the egg attack game work
.... But I have only done the beginner mode. I will work on the other 2 modes later and upload it in a couple days...

Years
Thanks again for the comments everyone. I've changed poll hosts now, so there should be no problems.

@DForte: I'll keep all those in mind lol, and hopefully you won't have to choose between any in any of the polls :P

@darkerarceus: That is fantastic news!! :D I thought I'd just have to completely forget about it. Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated. When you're done, let me know what you score on Medium, my highest at the moment is about 36000. :)

Here's the new polls:​

Grass Starters

Fire Starters

Water Starters

Happy voting. We'll move on from the starters once there's a few votes.

Years
So I voted, but I am a little upset with myself for not asking this question a long time ago.

How will you deal with the pokemon that evolve through trading?

Years
So I voted, but I am a little upset with myself for not asking this question a long time ago.

How will you deal with the pokemon that evolve through trading?

They'll evolve through different means, depending on the Pokemon itself. Every Pokemon in the game will have a lot of hidden values attached to them that all come to together to determine whether it's ready to evolve or not. Some of these values are linked to things like the Pokemon's stats, it's mood, it's bond with the trainer, it's personality, or whether it even wants to evolve. Other values are linked to such things like how many battles it has taken part in, how old it is, how many times has it been injured/sick, how much it has trained at a dojo, etc etc etc. Depending on the species of Pokemon, more values will be more important than others.

Hope I answered your question well enough. :)

Years
They'll evolve through different means, depending on the Pokemon itself. Every Pokemon in the game will have a lot of hidden values attached to them that all come to together to determine whether it's ready to evolve or not. Some of these values are linked to things like the Pokemon's stats, it's mood, it's bond with the trainer, it's personality, or whether it even wants to evolve. Other values are linked to such things like how many battles it has taken part in, how old it is, how many times has it been injured/sick, how much it has trained at a dojo, etc etc etc. Depending on the species of Pokemon, more values will be more important than others.

Hope I answered your question well enough. :)

Yeah, you answered my question greatly. It sounds like you got that feature from the show. I personally think that is amazing.

So will this work for all pokemon or just pokemon requiring specific reqiurements (such as trading, learning a specific attack, need a certain item, etc.).

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
I have done now! All it is, is a slight bit laggy XD I did managed to crack 1 egg in hard mode :p
I will just bug test a couple things then hopefully put it up for download today.
I like the idea for pokemon in the eggs!
00Vampire is it okay if I use this in my upcoming game since i've modified it to use the mouse patch i'm using? My high score on medium is like 680 as I've just been bug testing lately....

Stay tuned!

EDIT: Teaser Screeny of my getting a Krabby

eggattack.png

Edit 2: It is here with no waiting 45 seconds! no ads! And in.... a zip file
http://duykhuu.com/Egg_Attack_Fix_Darkerarceus.zip

Last edited:
Years
00Vampire is it okay if I use this in my upcoming game since i've modified it to use the mouse patch i'm using?

After your help it's the least I can do, so sure. Just as long as I'm credited lol :P

My high score on medium is like 680 as I've just been bug testing lately....

It took me about 15 hours of practicing when I was making it, to get more than 20,000... But I'm sure you can beat me in less time than that, right? ;) (A good tip is to hold the mouse down over the eggs, rather than repeatedly click on them ;))

Edit 2: It is here with no waiting 45 seconds! no ads! And in.... a zip file
http://duykhuu.com/Egg_Attack_Fix_Darkerarceus.zip

Wooooo!!! Just downloaded it now and worked fine for me, no lag either. :D Thanks again.

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
ok on bugs bugs bugs, it really was a no-brainer. (Scyther)

on the other hand, bug me not, i dunno so i picked a random

phantominoid

Darkness Within
Years
Finally something new and awesome at the same time, i voted on the polls to help things speed up ;p, looking forward to this one

Years
Thanks both.

The first two polls are closed (grass and fire starters), the water one will also close shortly. As a result of the first complete polls, Treecko and Charmander are the first two starters, with Turtwig and Cyndaquil also available in the game.

There's two new polls to replace them though...

Pokepoll 6 - Sky High

Pokepoll 7 - Poison

Also, here's a work-in-progress screenshot of the Pokedex's Scan feature - where you can view detailed information about the Pokemon in your party.

Dex-in-progress.png

Opinions appreciated as I'm still in the design phase and could do with some feedback so far. :)

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Wow, this game looks really cool! I like pretty much everything you've said about it so far, can't wait to actually play it! <3

Oh, and I voted for Mudkip/Ledyba/Surskit/Pidgey/Seviper.

Haven't tried the minigame yet, since my laptop sucks but I'll probably try it later today/tomorrow.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Okay, so I got around to downloading it.

It tells me that I need to install the RTP, which I already have installed. However, I fixed this by putting the RTP into the folder with the game.

But... Then I get this error:

htz4ic.png

Any idea what's wrong? o_O

Years
Um... try sticking one of the files from the rtp's system folder into the game's system folder and renaming it 'system4'. See if that works. :)

The Water Poll is now closed, with Totodile being the starter, and Piplup also being available. :P

Back