• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preferred mode of Transport

Favourite Mode of Transport?

• Running Shoes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Cycling

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Surfing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others - you may state them below

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
While moving around in the games, what is your favourite/most frequently used mode of transport?

And also, for Platinum (unsure if only restricted to Platinum or is also included in Pearl and Diamond), which gear do you prefer cycling with - the lower or the higher gear?

You may also state your reasons why if you wish. :)

Years
Aside from flying, I don't think I have one favorite mode of transportation in the games. Prior to Black/White when you could only have one or two key items, I used the running shoes a lot, since the bike was never one of my key items. On White, though, I've found that I use the bike a lot more, but still not nearly as often as just running.

As for the bike gears (similar to the Mach/Acro Bikes in RSE), I generally used the faster gear, since you could get places quicker. That, and using the slower gear didn't have the incentives of doing wheelies and bunny hops like the Acro Bike did.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
I fly often, but aside of that, I always used running shoes. I don't really like to use my bike. Sometime it is too fast. Even if they're two free key items, I preferer to use them for other things :3

About bikes, I prefered to use Acro. because I never used bike so far, but sometime I need my bike to climb something sometime, so...!

Apart from that, I really like your little cute panda :3

Kisses~

:7:

Sirfetch’d

Running Shoes. My finger never lays off the B button.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I guess my most frequently used mode of transportation would be running and cycling, but I prefer to fly to my destination.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I like flying since it's really quick and easy, but besides that, I like running and biking. The animation of you running is awesome lol. And the music for the bike is just <3

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
I'd prefer to fly using either a Lugia or Zekrom nowadays, sometimes I surf using a Kyogre or Jellicent but not very often unless I'm going on diving missions to the Undersea ruins near Undella Town.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Flying. I hate surfing because of wild pokemon and trainers seem to always be around and can't be dodged. Now I just battle them,but I still do not really like surfing. Hoenn was horrible with it's water routes,but I still liked them.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
As for me, I prefer cycling or running if where I'm headed to isn't very far off. But if getting there takes me across many grassy or water routes, I prefer to fly. I'll miss out on all the tiny possibilities of encountering shiny pokemon though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Biking and Running! Often not I actually do that over just flying to my destination in my game. ♥

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I put a balance between running and biking to get to nearby places. I Fly only when I have to get to faraway places.

Back