• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen safari zone discount followed by free entry

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Huh.I didn't know we could do that.Nice find.I have to try it some time.

EDIT:Tried it and it works!!And you can do the free entry more than once.

Last edited:
Years
I remember hearing about it, but never really put too much stock into it, since I wasn't going to bother spending all my money just to see if it worked. Awesome to see that it actually does, though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Lol! Interesting find you have there! Played Yellow for almost... 13 years and never knew this.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I assume this is a fix of sorts to enable a poor player to progress in the game, since no rematches outside of the Elite 4 means there is a possibility of the game becoming 'unwinnable' if the player cannot afford the Safari Zone fee (and, let's say, has also squandered the Pay Day TM somehow and is unable to acquire a Meowth) and still hasn't found the Warden's teeth.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Wow! What a cool find. I would try it, but I don't want to spend my money just to see if it works. I like the dialogue where the attendant yells NO! at the player's character. And it's nice that they give you one ball for free if you don't pay them anything.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I knew this :P

It's not something too common though really, because at that point in the gym you'd surely have banked a fair bit of money.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I didn't know that. I'll have to try it once I get to Fuchsia City in my Yellow version. Time to waste money at the Game Corner!

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
Hahaha, that's really cool. Although tbh, I'm not surprised not many people knew about this. At that point in the game you'll have a fair bit of money most of the time (unless you wasted it all on items or at the slots or something).

Back