• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists.

blue

gucci
Years
I was hoping that they'd eventually let us customize our trainers, but looks like it'll never happen. :/

These games might actually introduce that feature, at the beginning of the trailer the protagonist is looking in a mirror which makes you think if this is why.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Where are all these "Hilbert clone" comments stemming from, by the way? If anything, the male protag looks more like Cheren, but even that's a stretch now that I've seen him more than a few times.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
These games might actually introduce that feature, at the beginning of the trailer the protagonist is looking in a mirror which makes you think if this is why.
Yes, I saw that part, but I thought they were just showing his room and what not.
If they do introduce that feature....omg...I'd just do cartwheels around the house.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Just a theory perhaps this is the region Hilbert went to in search of N and the protagonist could be the same from B/W. I doubt it but that's what sprang into my head when I saw the trailer on the third time through.

blue

gucci
Years
Well maybe you can customize your character but they designed him as he is in the trailer to look like Hilbert to portray a "default protagonist" I can't see them creating another one like that, there are too many similarities to Hilbert.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Well maybe you can customize your character but they designed him as he is in the trailer to look like Hilbert to portray a "default protagonist" I can't see them creating another one like that, there are too many similarities to Hilbert.

The new protag's hair is a different style and color than Hilbert's, and their hats are not at all alike, so do you perhaps mean their jackets are the same color?

Also, just a thought, but...Did anyone consider that maybe the short-haired one is the girl and the long-haired one is the boy?!
I do like the idea of customizing, though. It could be a possibility, but it wouldn't detract from the game if it wasn't included.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
I'm not very impressed by the rather similar design of the male to Hilbert, but wow, the female protagonist looks really classy. I think I'll be playing as the male though, simply because even if it's the same 'ol design as Hilbert, I just adore that design.

☆aqua☆

Ace Trainer!! :p
Years
A lot of people think that you will be able to customize your character from the screenshot of the boy looking in the mirror. Squirtle thinks that would be cool! Squirtle usually buys both versions so...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The male protagonist is okay but I prefer the female player. She's really pretty but when I get Y I'm playing as the male. She has such flowing hair. <3 I love the female protagonist so much. And I want to play what my gender is... xD So it's a win win.

Years
I'd have to agree that the male protagonist does look too much like Hilbert, whose design I didn't really care for in the first place. That said, I'll still probably play as him, since I always name the player after myself.

I also find it interesting that they both have goggles on. I wonder if they serve any significance later on in the games.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Regardless of design, I'll always play the female character but this time around... I'm not really huge on either of the designs, especially the boy. That boy is plaaaiiinnnn. The girl looks okay, she has pretty hair but I don't like the outfit. Oh well, no big quarrel. It's just my opinion lol. Creature design is my main concern :D

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'd have to agree that the male protagonist does look too much like Hilbert, whose design I didn't really care for in the first place. That said, I'll still probably play as him, since I always name the player after myself.

I also find it interesting that they both have goggles on. I wonder if they serve any significance later on in the games.

They're not goggles, they're shades, and they seem to be rather fashionable ones.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
The girl definitely looks WAY different than previous female player characters...but that's a good thing! They are finally toying with new designs that people actually like, seems EVERYBODY wants to be a female this go-around! Wish I could say the same for HilbertClone...poor HilbertClone.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
*Pshyuh!*

What was that? That's the sound of me taking a shot in the dark. Here it goes:

Trainer customization may become a reality. Why may this come to be? Well, there's the shot in the trailer of the protagonist looking into a full-length mirror. There could be only three good reasons for that:
1. To reveal his face indirectly before showing him off.
2. To help show off the 3D.
AND/OR (I'm crossing my fingers)
3. To show that clothing customization will be a possibility. Honestly, why else include a full-length mirror in the game? I hypothesize it's in the area where you change your clothing, whether that's your room or a store.

Some other things that support this argument. The games are clearly taking place (at least partially) in "France," which is a renowned fashion hub. Also, I have a feeling that 3D makes customization a more logical and sensible addition. Lastly, like nearly everyone has said, the male trainer is currently identical to Hilbert. I feel that this was just the default outfit Game Freak decided for the new character to wear for this trailer. The fact that only the two outfits are shown may simply be to keep certain features under wraps.

After all, this wouldn't be the first time for trainer customization! I think it's a possibility, but I doubt it's likelihood. Still, a trainer can dream, can't he?

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I must say I was disappointed the way the male trainers model came out, but that could be just a place holder, because I think they are announcing it earlier then usual, they usually announce any new games in like the following year before.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2015
am I the only one who feels that this year we will finally be able to customize our own character. Cause I mean the male protagonist looks a bit too generic, so there has to be something up, plus when I saw the trailer when the protagonist was standing next to the mirror something seems up

Back