• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christmas

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
If you could push back the upcoming holiday (only two days left), would you do it? Do you like the anticipation more than the holiday itself?

I'm ready for it to come, but I also would be cool with it being a bit farther away. This Christmas is going to be a really great one for multiple reasons, so I'd like more time to look forward to it. First Christmas with my family's newly(ish) "adopted" kitten (found him on the front porch, starved and covered in fleas). My sister and her fiance are also spending the night tomorrow, so they can be here right away on Christmas morning (which means her fiance will get to take part in the morning traditions for the first time).

Also:
What about this Christmas are you looking forward to? Anything specific, like a gift you know you're getting or something really great you got a family member (and can't wait to see their expression)?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
No, if anything if it was up to me it would be earlier.

This Chrstmas Im just looking forward to spending time with my family. As for gifts, I dont have any real wants, but I know Im getting a phone. For my family, I got some nice things that I think they will really like. I got a nice blouse for my sister at a store I really want that I think will be very useful for her and she'll like, charms for my mom's Pandora bracelet, a cell phone case for my other sister and this pillow thing for my dad for his iPad. I hope they like them. I also might go see a movie and will have a nice Christmas dinner.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Recently, Christmas just hasn't been the same as before. My family goes to different parties, while back before, we were always together. As for my gifts, I hope I can a Wii-U or some movies boxset.

However, last year. Someone was giving away their dog, and we took the dog in. I always wanted a dog for almost 11 years but my parents didn't want me to get one. That was the happiest day of my life when I got a dog. It was also one month away from Christmas so it's like if it was an early birthday gift :)

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I'd push it back, but only if I could get more time off of school and work, not because I like the anticipation lol. That's pretty much one of the only things I look forward to: seeing family and not having to do stressful stuff. Not really sure what I'll get gift-wise, since I wasn't very specific, and my gifts for my family were sorta lame, so I don't expect them to be super excited lol.

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
I like it just where it is.Either way, you have to wait. You always have to wait. And anyways, being 12, my gifts are still pretty good. Like, a Kindle Fire! Hopefully...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm not looking forward to anything. I'm just not in the Christmas spirit this year.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
This Christmas kind of blows... :| haha. Tbh, if I could, I'd fast forward like a week past it. Nothing to particularly enjoy this year... I don't even have a tree this year, much less one set up right now. I am not going to be with my family or get any presents. It's pretty safe to say that I'm not celebrating it this year :x

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I guess I'd push it back a little bit. We were really rushed this year because I had an exam on the very last day of exam period (20th) and then we had to drive out to Ottawa to move my brother back from his work term. This left us with almost no time to do Christmas shopping, exacerbated by the fact that we all drew up our Christmas lists really late this year. Factor in that we got some sort of crushing news that kind of destroyed my happiness for a day or two and I'd really like an extra day or two to come to terms with it so I can put on a braver face for Christmas. As it is I'll probably be on the verge of tears a lot over the holiday but I'm already a lot better today than I was yesterday so if I had just a day or two more to settle my emotions/thoughts on all of it, I think I'd have a much better go of it. But it is what it is so I'll make the best of it. Thankfully, I managed to get pretty much all my Christmas shopping done despite the two days to do it so I'm not lacking presents for anyone. :P

In short, my want to push it back a bit has nothing to do with anticipation. If anything I do kind of just want it to be over haha.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I like the anticipation of Christmas, and I like Christmas itself. I like it just the way it is.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Can we push Christmas up to May or June when the temperatures are reasonable? The worst part of Christmas, and part of the reason I fail to get overly excited about it, is the fact that the weather is so miserable.

Honestly, if Christmas has to be kept in the same general time frame (within a couple weeks), I honestly don't care when it takes place... it's all nasty-cold winter to me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'd keep pushing Christmas back so that the world would perpetually be in the lead-up to Christmas. I think that'd be the best way to live. The Christmas build-up all year round. I love the anticipation so much. The day itself is great but once it's over you have to wait another year and that sucks. It always seems to come too quickly, especially when you work all the time like I do :(

Back