• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Go! Eeks!

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Do you ever use in-game traded Pokemon? I've always planned to but I never end up doing it! I'm pretty sure everyone who played G/S/C remembered Rocky the Onix and used him at least once!

I wanted to use Charap the Chatot in D/P/Pt, I guess I was just too lazy to wait for the next gym badge so the Pokemon could obey me.

There are a few 'one off' Pokemon in FireRed/LeafGreen such as Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd and Jynx that can be obtained through in-game trades which you can't obtain anywhere else in the game.

How did the traded Pokemon go if you ended up using it?
If you didn't decide to use one, why?

Years
I don't usually use in-game traded Pokemon at all, they are usually species I don't like a lot or I already have a planned team by the time I get to them. Some do have their uses though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Very rarely. I used Rocky on HeartGold last time though. Then despite having already evolved him, I traded him for Rusty (hence how Jasmine can still use a Steelix despite having given me hers xD).

I would probably use Hornlette too, if it weren't obtained so late in the game.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I did use Makitt (the traded Makuhita from Rustboro) and training it even before defeating Roxanne, in Ruby gameplay, even though sometimes it would not go well due to having no badges yet.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I never use traded Pokemon for very long, just because I tend not to like their species too much. I would have prolly used the Jinx in R/B/Y but I never got a Poliwhirl early enough to be worthwhile trading on for Jinx.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
I actually never really use ingame pokemon I remember using A mr.mime In firered and You can get a machamp In yellow so those are the only ingame pokemon ive ever used Mostly Because I dont like them or have them or already have a team planned out

Years
In-game trades, I never really found them useful (Some were even counter-intuitive, for example Dragonair for Dodrio) and I never even knew many of them even existed anyways.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't use in-game traded Pokémon at all, because most of them either have bad stats, nature, or ability. They also have a tendency of having bad nicknames. xD I like it better to catch and train Pokémon all by myself. The only reason I trade my Pokémon in-game is to fill up my Pokédex. Whenever I get my hands on these traded Pokémon, I put them in my PC box immediately. After that, they just sit there and collect dust.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I rarely even did in-game trades unless I was trying to fill that spot on the Pokedex, so no I never used them.

Years
From what I can remember, I've used three Pokemon from in-game trades as part of my team- Skitit in Sapphire, Kazza in Platinum and Eeks in White. I've always found that too many of the in-game trades give you Pokemon with strange nicknames though (Doris the Dodrio, Billy the Voltorb, Paul the Xatu, Minipete the Emolga, etc.), so I'd generally just stick those ones in the box once I got them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I really don't like most nicknames on ingame traded pokémon xD Mostly that is the reason I don't use them.

In my last Leaf Green run though, I put Mimien on my team because I wanted a different psychic type than Hypno/Kadabra which I usually employ in Kanto. And Mimien was a better name than Mr. Mime imo! Mimien is great, tbh. I've underrated that species, definitely. Only problem was that he grew so fast that at times he disobeyed me. Oh you, game mechanics, you got me there.

Other than him though, I don't use them. I'd only in-game trade to get species I can't capture in the wild or that are tedious to find or obtain.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Nah, not really. When I got Rocky in HG I thought I'd use him more, but he ended up going in the PC after a while.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I only get traded Pokémon for Pokédex completion. I don't use them because most are of species I'm not interested in, and I don't like Pokémon with nicknames.

Emburn

<3
Years
I used the Mr. Mime in Fire Red and trained him a ton. Then, I remember having an OP Charizard and Mr. Mime and basically wiping out the Elite 4 with Flamethrower and Magical Leaf.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've never used an in-game traded Pokemon before, no matter how quickly they are said to grow. They either are not the Pokemon for my team that I had in mind, have lousy stats and natures, or I just simply do not care to train it. I only do the trades to complete my Pokedex.

Back