• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: 6,000 players hit with online bans

Years
  • Age 34
  • EU
  • Seen May 31, 2018
So is this games that have been edited with power saves or games containing illegally obtained mon?

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I'm confused too how exactly are getting these people banned cause last thing I wanna do is get banned say cause I got a hacked mon from GTS or wonder trade and I didn't know

Years
  • Age 42
  • Iowa
  • Seen Sep 30, 2021
"cheaters never prosper" that's how i see it in video games, cheating is OK at best when you're by yourself, but when you cheat around other ppl you ruin the fun for them, so those cheaters got what they had coming.

Years
I haven't been able to access online services for a while. I've never hacked in my life, its worrying to think that they've banned me.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
jfuze174 said:
I'm confused too how exactly are getting these people banned cause last thing I wanna do is get banned say cause I got a hacked mon from GTS or wonder trade and I didn't know
So is this games that have been edited with power saves or games containing illegally obtained mon?
It's games containing mon that has illegal moves or otherwise breaks the games' internal limits. The hack check still can't detect properly hacked mon so those who know how to hack wont be banned.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
They're also checking for edits to the trainer, such as BP, gender swap, all clothing (some are game specific) in addition to Pokemon having stuff they shouldn't.

That said, it seems it's only detectable if you use said Pokemon online...because I've had a hacked GF Mew from the GTS (shouldn't happen because it comes with a Ribbon that prevents GTS trading), as well as a Turtonator from WT with illegal egg moves at the time...and I've been able to access Game Sync just fine.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
They're also checking for edits to the trainer, such as BP, gender swap, all clothing (some are game specific) in addition to Pokemon having stuff they shouldn't.

That said, it seems it's only detectable if you use said Pokemon online...because I've had a hacked GF Mew from the GTS (shouldn't happen because it comes with a Ribbon that prevents GTS trading), as well as a Turtonator from WT with illegal egg moves at the time...and I've been able to access Game Sync just fine.

How is all clothing a hack. The game specific ones can still be gotten from other trainers online. It seems the ones banned are just people who have straight up illegal mons. How would they detect hacking bp? Don't think the game notes everything you did to get bp. Gender swap I could see.

Something I want to know is if they are permanently banned like even after restarting their games they are unbanned or the game itself is banned from going online ever again. Either way hackers can bypass these things anyway.

Years
Heh. Serves them right.

As if they hadn't learned their lesson from the people who got banned from going online for the piracy a week before the game's release.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
How is all clothing a hack. The game specific ones can still be gotten from other trainers online. It seems the ones banned are just people who have straight up illegal mons. How would they detect hacking bp? Don't think the game notes everything you did to get bp. Gender swap I could see.

Something I want to know is if they are permanently banned like even after restarting their games they are unbanned or the game itself is banned from going online ever again. Either way hackers can bypass these things anyway.

I meant to put gender specific, not game specific. Weird.

As for BP, I read somewhere on reddit that a user got banned because they though hacking in the BP instead of the items themselves would be better. Maybe it's tied to how many wins/streaks you have at the Tree/Royale, maybe it was for another reason all together.

You could probably restart the game. Smart hackers will find ways around it. Heck, you can power-save a back up save file. Sure, lose your stats, but you can just make a new record.

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
Years
As Grumpy Cat would say, "Good."

For the players that hack for the sake of obtaining OP Pokemon and non-legit Shinies, instead of doing something like making fan Mega Evolutions or swapping the AI Trainer teams (the modders are okay as long as they don't cheat IMO), they shouldn't really do that. Especially if you're offering up non-legit Pokemon on GTS for some unknown reason. At least I won't have to worry as much if any parent Pokemon I got from GTS or Wonder Trade is illegal.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Don't get too happy now, guys. I'm sure people already found ways to un-ban themselves, and that they can still use all three trade services. Big deal to those who don't care about the Global Link.

Seems like bans are issued based on Trainer info modification, Item modification and overworld modification, not Pokemon Modification, hacked pokemon owned or Hacked Pokemon traded. Still not sure if battling with hacked Pokemon can issue a ban.

Years
Glad this is happening. It will deter people from cheating even though people will still figure out new ways to do so. The less of them the better. I just wish people could play legit and work hard for what they get.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
Years
Well, this wasn't exactly unforeseen, seeing as the hackers did the virtual equivalent of doing nitrous-fueled donuts in the parking lot. Can't say I'm surprised.

Listen, far be it from me to promote fair play, as I readily admit I'm a hacker and a cheater myself, but if you want to do that kinda stuff, please, for the sake of other players and yourself, do it offline. Don't trade hackmons, don't use Game Sync, don't battle online and don't use the Festival Plaza if you're so blasted adamant about cheating. You're ruining the game for those of us, myself excluded, who wish to experience the games legitimately. This is why I don't use online services in my games at all, because I know someone somewhere will be ruined by my personal experience.

Or, better yet, just don't cheat.

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
This is one of the main reasons why I will never allow hacked Pokemon to be traded here. I would feel awful is myself or someone else was banned due to someone else's dishonesty.

Back