• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Spiky when is next beta release for the map tool?? and whats changes??

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
This is something new here :)
I would like to tell you that you have made a path to a new generation of hacking Pokemon!
CONGRATULATIONS!! Please continue in making releases.
We'll Be Waiting! :)

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
I was hoping if the terrain editor works yet!

On new bark town when you go into Pro. Elm's house(not lab) its like on the stairs.
Is that height change?

Rafael-animal

Pokémon DS Kit
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2015
Can't wait for more releases, I tried the first demo and I put the GTS in Littleroot, lol.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I was hoping if the terrain editor works yet!

On new bark town when you go into Pro. Elm's house(not lab) its like on the stairs.
Is that height change?

The terrain section is completely undocumented. It's the only thing in DS maps that is left to hack, but I plan to support it as soon as I discover the way it works. Those stairs are configured in the terrain section, btw, like the slopes after Mt Moon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Spiky how is it going. i am really looking forward the next update buddy ^^

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Spiky how is it going. i am really looking forward the next update buddy ^^

Please be patient. I have a Wild Pokémon Editor 50% done and I'm working on text editing, something really hard. Don't worry, I won't abandon this tool at this point, because there's still a lot to do.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Please be patient. I have a Wild Pokémon Editor 50% done and I'm working on text editing, something really hard. Don't worry, I won't abandon this tool at this point, because there's still a lot to do.

Ok thats awsome how far have you came with the actually Map editing?? And can i be a beta tester for this tool??

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Well done!, I hope you keep devolving it and make it easy to use just as the Advance map!
Really great thing from you, Thanks!

VERGUNDAI

Years
I've finally imported a custom object on here while attempting to make a Littleroot Town remake.
I edited the Pokemon lab from pallet town to look like the one from RSE.

-only problems
the materials(if changed/recolor) replace some textures inside of ROM which glitches up a lot of Tex data.
- sometimes the custom object shows no texture at all.
-sometimes the ROM freezes at certain point when running after coming out of doors.

If anyone want to try this use MKDS editor's import to obj. You can also edit the title screen pokemon too!(Giratina, Dialga,Palkia, etc.)
Some 3D data from pokemon xd works if you know how to import them into BMD files.

To edit just open them in Sketchup 8, or 3DS Max

* I need help 3DS Max 2008 shows no material when being imported, but works fine on 3DS Max 6.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Spiky still working on this wonderfull thing?? And what´s the progress so far`??

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I wonder how well SDSME is going? I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff implemented.

What file is the title screen model located in? I'm trying to find it atm.

I can't remember which one it was, but I do know that I did see a Black/White Kyurem in one BMD0 model, which looked the same as the Black/White Kyurem used for the cut-scene. It was while I was searching for the opening cinematic files (which I couldn't find at the time).

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Team fail how long have you came in aqua sapphire?? how much progress do you have??

VERGUNDAI

Years
I want to upload the New romhack of Pokemon Hoen.nds but I don't know how much post we need to upload one.
Also:
- I will upload a Narc.doc for Pokemon Black and White 2 next weekend.
- I already have the narc data.doc for Diamond and Pearl.
I'll probably upload it on a new thread with a tut.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
i really wanna see you´re hack. And spiky how much progress do you have in the tool so far??

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I have a small update for you. I have been working on a native 3D renderer based on PG4Map and MKDS Course Modifier. Currently, maps can't be loaded with textures, only untextured or wireframed. Here's a picture of it:

Spoiler:

Next version will include that renderer (hopefully with texture support), a text viewer and a wild pokémon editor. Some glitches will be fixed as well ;)

Back