• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
oh really?! That's good news. I tried that, but I thought it didn't work... so i just have to do shift+f1 to save it and the new material I added to the game will be updated when I load that state again?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
oh really?! That's good news. I tried that, but I thought it didn't work... so i just have to do shift+f1 to save it and the new material I added to the game will be updated when I load that state again?

As long as the changed aren't on the map you are on, it will be fine. Otherwise it will just crash, or freeze.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I need someones help...and fast...

I have been working on my hack and Im getting to the point where I have gotten far and I don't wanna start on a fresh rom and copy all my scripts over. The reason Im saying this is because my hack....CANT SAVE!!!!I thought it was my PSP emulator but than I tried on my pc as well. It works fine with a regualr firered rom and even Liquid Crystal but for some reason my hack comes up with that stupid 1M board error. Can someone please help I just can't afford to start over...

EDIT:For some reason the file size of the "save" is 64 instead of 128. I don't understand why it would do that. Is there a program to make the rom save as a 128?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Hiya I'm new here and I was wondering if I could get some help. See I've been following the tutorials and they have helped (thanks BTW for the people who made em) and I'm a beginner hacker so I'm just learning this stuff. Anyways I inserted a new OW at gary's house and I want to make it so she'll dissappear after you deliver Oak's parcel, anyone know a code on how to do this?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I need someones help...and fast...

I have been working on my hack and Im getting to the point where I have gotten far and I don't wanna start on a fresh rom and copy all my scripts over. The reason Im saying this is because my hack....CANT SAVE!!!!I thought it was my PSP emulator but than I tried on my pc as well. It works fine with a regualr firered rom and even Liquid Crystal but for some reason my hack comes up with that stupid 1M board error. Can someone please help I just can't afford to start over...

EDIT:For some reason the file size of the "save" is 64 instead of 128. I don't understand why it would do that. Is there a program to make the rom save as a 128?

If you are using a VBA, you just need to go to into the settings and set the save type to Flash 128K...
To fix it on your PSP... did you change the header from the normal Fire Red Header? (Like with RHEA or a Hex Editor?) If so, change it back, so the PSP can do it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I'm a little confused. I can't find where to download the xse editor. Can someone please tell me where I can download it and point me to a really solid tutorial for xse, please? Thanks

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
If you are using a VBA, you just need to go to into the settings and set the save type to Flash 128K...
To fix it on your PSP... did you change the header from the normal Fire Red Header? (Like with RHEA or a Hex Editor?) If so, change it back, so the PSP can do it.
Trust me I tried. But I didn't change the headers or anything, its just doing that for some reason...

lilJburroughs

Ambitious Hacker
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
I'm havin a problem with my rival's name. In the hack I'm making, regardless of what you put, "oak" disagrees with you, and his name is 'Nick' regardless. This has worked with everything except when you battle him.

I went into advance trainer and changed the name of all the rival trainers from "Terry" to "Nick", and it still isnt working. I'm not sure what to try next.
Any thoughts?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Trust me I tried. But I didn't change the headers or anything, its just doing that for some reason...

What if you set all the settings correctly, close the emulator, delete the old save game, and start a brand new game afterwards?

I'm havin a problem with my rival's name. In the hack I'm making, regardless of what you put, "oak" disagrees with you, and his name is 'Nick' regardless. This has worked with everything except when you battle him.

I went into advance trainer and changed the name of all the rival trainers from "Terry" to "Nick", and it still isnt working. I'm not sure what to try next.
Any thoughts?

Could you elaborate the fact the name is "Nick" regardless of what you put? What did you do exactly? My supposition is that you just changed the text, though. Right?
Also, changing "Terry" will never affect the actual name, unless you ASM hack it.

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
What if you set all the settings correctly, close the emulator, delete the old save game, and start a brand new game afterwards?

Could you elaborate the fact the name is "Nick" regardless of what you put? What did you do exactly? My supposition is that you just changed the text, though. Right?
Also, changing "Terry" will never affect the actual name, unless you ASM hack it.
Yep tried it all. I really don't know what to do...I guess I have to stop being lazy and insert the scripts into another rom but I wonder if the problem will happen again if I do. I mean surely there are no offsets that bothers with the save type is there?

lilJburroughs

Ambitious Hacker
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
Yeah, I went through every time the rival name appears and replaced the code with the name "Nick", which I thought would be a simple solution.

Know a good tutorial on ASM that could help me out with this?
I've been trying to avoid it if at all possible, but It seems like I keep runnin into problems where ASM is the ideal solution.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Yeah, I went through every time the rival name appears and replaced the code with the name "Nick", which I thought would be a simple solution.

Know a good tutorial on ASM that could help me out with this?
I've been trying to avoid it if at all possible, but It seems like I keep runnin into problems where ASM is the ideal solution.
HackMew's sig has an section where you can learn his ASM tutorial.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
When I play FireRed and encounter a person with a ! movement, it makes a sound,
meanwhile,
when I hack FireRed that same thing doesn't happen. Why is that?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yep tried it all. I really don't know what to do...I guess I have to stop being lazy and insert the scripts into another rom but I wonder if the problem will happen again if I do. I mean surely there are no offsets that bothers with the save type is there?

Now... let's assume your VBA settings are correct. What happens if you try to save while playing a clean ROM?

I'm trying to use pet for emerald but everytime i try to do something i get a message that says run time error9. is there a way to use pet for emerald without this happening? is there a different trainer editing tool i could use?

You might want to try A-Trainer.

When I play FireRed and encounter a person with a ! movement, it makes a sound,
meanwhile,
when I hack FireRed that same thing doesn't happen. Why is that?

Simply because the sound has nothing to do with the actual movement. If you checked Oak's script, you would have noticed there's a sound 0x15 command right before the exclamation mark movement is executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back