• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite B/W Unova Gym Leader

Fave B/W Unova Gym Leader?

• Total voters
Years
I haven't seen a thread like this since a long time ago, so I'll remake it.

Simply, the point of this thread is - Who is your fave Unova Gym Leader in Black & White?

Vote in the poll above and give reasons when posting.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
My favorite used to be Iris because I thought she looked silly with that hair, but then I saw her artwork for BW2. Being a champion affects your choice in wardrobe, it seems...

So, I stuck to Cress because he annoyed me the least.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I picked Skyla and Elesa because they both dress great and look really cute :3 I although thought their teams were very interesting to battle as well. Flying and Electric types have always been among my favourites too!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Cilan and Iris are 2 of my faves because they currently are traveling with Ash in the anime. But my top favorite is Elesa because of her beauty.

Years
I liked Cilan, Chili, Lenora and Iris.

-Cilan was cool because I liked him from the anime, so...
-Chili was cool because of his hair/personality
-I really liked Lenora because I found her to be a really big challenge the first time I played White. Plus I really like her design, (can't beat turquoise hair!) her gym, and her overall attitude
-I really liked Iris she was so young, and I loved her interactions with Bianca. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Honestly? I didn't really warm to any of the gym leaders in Unova, but I picked Cilan as my favourite 'cause he stood out the most for me.

Years
My faves are Skyla, Elesa, Iris and the Striaton Trio.

I solely voted for them cos I loved their designs, particularly Skyla, Elesa and Iris. I loved their hairstyles.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
I like the three at the start, especially Cilan, he's very over the top in the Anime which is what I love to see

I like Burgh cuz he's an outdoor artist which I love. But his name is kind of ridicules though

Elesa, mainly due to the design and the town she's in

And Iris mainly cuz she has an Emoga, Excadrill, and Axew in the Anime. And look at that crazy hair. O.o

Years
I preferred Elesa the most out of the Unova Gym Leaders, as she almost beat me when I faced her. I find that all my favorite Gym Leaders have been because they put up a tough fight, and not really because of their design, type or Pokemon team.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I like Burgh for a reason. He has a Leavanny.

He's also a bug-type leader which is also why I like him the best. :D Even though grass-types are my top favorites, bug-type trainers seem to work very hard to become the best. :)

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Skyla with her stylish Swanna is my favourite Unova Gym Leader.

She's cheerful, peppy... And her color scheme is blue and red! Not to mention that she owns her own plane. All too awesome, really.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm going to have to say Elesa, but something about her just really bothers me too. Just can't put my finger on it.

Really though I'm only voting for her because of her gym in BW2, if that even counts towards this uwu

Years
I went for all three Striaton triplets since they interested me the most. Wasn't a fan of any of the other leaders' designs. D: Elesa was all right but not as pretty as she was in B/W2, though if I had to pick a 2nd favorite (since the triplets are all tied for 1st place), I'd probably go with Skyla or Brycen. The former because she has a cute design and the latter because I liked his career as a movie star, though he didn't make that good of an impression in B/W.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I'm going to pay no attention to the anime for this, as this is asking us who are favourite gym leaders are game-wise.

I'm apathetic towards the triplets; although they were a really interesting idea, none of them have a really distinct personality.
Lenora is good, especially considering her toughness. Same goes for Burgh, although they could have done so much more with them.
Elesa owning Bianca's dad was awesome, and she has a unique, though appealing design, and can be a challenging boss because of her Emongas.
Clay has a very unique, although irritable, personality, and that produced a couple of interesting moments. Unfortunately, like Burgh, they didn't do enough with him.
Skyla is okay. I really don't find her that appealing anywhere, but there's nothing to dislike about her, either. Except that last time I played through White, I absolutely annihilated her.
Brycen... well I really like his badass sensei persona, the man of few words who can say so much. I really seem to think he stands out as a unique leader.
Iris is really fun in the game, especially her dialogue about being Bianca's bodyguard and her peppiness.
Drayden... idk.

So, I guess that means Elesa, Brycen, and Iris for me.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
I really liked Elesa in BW because her gym was pretty fun. I mean, roller coasters and a battle is just awesome! I did have a problem with her Emolga constantly Volt Switching over and over again -.-

I do like how she is a model though. It gives a bit of depth into the Gym Leaders' life.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
The Striaton Trio! They work in what is essentially a butler cafe. They're great! I love their designs and dialog. I wish we got to see more of them in BW! Of the three, Chili is my favorite because he acts very silly and outlandish, which is perfectly fitting for his predominant type.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Elesa, Skyla, and Iris. Elesa because she set Bianca's father straight. Skyla because her outfit is cute. Iris.. cause she's a White-exclusive Gym Leader. xD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I liked Elesa because she seemed the biggest challenge, on a relative basis. Those Emolga were damn hard to kill and caused my team a big stress. A good battle is what I value most in any Gym Leader, and while this normally means that the later Leaders are my favourite, Elesa definitely filled that role for me in BW.

Back