• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We'll interview your character

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Hey guys, if you're looking to flesh out your characters, you've come to the right place. Me and a few fellow writers can interview them for food. You first fill the basic questionnaire out and post it here in this thread, to let us know a few things of your character before we can interview them (make sure to answer in first person!). Then you wait for us! The purpose of this interview is to help you develop your character in directions you had never considered, and unlock more possibilities in your stories.

Basic Questionnaire
Spoiler:

Want to help us interview others?

Here I have a list of assigned writers that will ask questions; if you want to expand it with your name and help us interview, you only have to ask me privately for permission.

Assigned Writers

1. Ray Maverick
  2. Cutlerine
  3. Slayr231
  4. PJBottomz
  5. Daughter of Dawn

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
What the heck, I feel like my main character needs help fleshing out who he is and I think this is a cool way on how to do it.

What is your full name?
Nolafus Simolson

When and where were you born?
Delwood CA, USA

Who are/were your parents?

My father and mother are Drayghen and Molla Simolson respectively.

Do you have any family?

I have two sons, Badron, who is thirteen, and Kren who is seven. My wife, Anaria, died five years ago due to police brutality.

Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
I don't like talking about my past.

Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
I live on the outskirts of a big city named Bristol in a small house that has seen better days. I try to keep it looking nice, but I can't manage it most of the time since I'm gone all day for work.

What do you do for a living?

I'm a Firefighter.

Do you have any special abilities?
My scales prevent me from getting burns as easily as humans, if that counts.

Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
I'm 6 feet 8 inches tall, a little taller than average for my race. I'm a green, humaniod, reptilian race known as a Srain. We walk on two legs, have a tail, and have a smooth body without any scales popping out. I have brown eyes, no tattoos, scars, or anything of the like. I dress pretty casually normally putting on a t-shirt and shorts for everyday things. Srains live just as long as humans do for the most part and I'm 37 years old.

To which social class do you belong?
I'm currently below the poverty line.

Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
Not that I know of.

What does your voice sound like?
A little deeper than the average person's

What do you have in your pockets?

I have my wallet.

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

I find it very hard to hold a grudge. For reasons of my own that I don't like talking about, I believe in second chances and that everyone can do the right thing. You have to prove to me that you can't be trusted, otherwise, you're trustworthy.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
@Slayr231, Nolafus Simolson

• You appear to trust others easily. Has trusting anybody gotten you into trouble sometime?
  • Since you're a firefighter, do you think you deserve a better life for your hard work and services to your community? A bigger wage, perhaps?
  • What's your relationship with humans and other Srain?
  • Are you proud to be a Srain, or would you rather belong to another race?
  • Do you love your sons, and do you think you are giving them enough by working as a firefighter?
  • Are you an optimist, a realist or a pessimist?
  • What do you fear most?
  • What are your religious views?
  • What are your political views?
  • Do you have friends?
  • Do you desire revenge for your wife's death? And if yes, would you be willing to kill somebody?
  • What is the worst sin you have committed, and do you think often about it?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
You appear to trust others easily. Has trusting anybody gotten you into trouble sometime?
It's not so much a trust that I'll do whatever they say, but rather a trust in that they'll do the right thing and not lie to me. I haven't been in a big conflict due to this and I hope it stays that way.

Since you're a firefighter, do you think you deserve a better life for your hard work and services to your community? A bigger wage, perhaps?
Who wouldn't like a bigger wage? I work as a firefighter because of a mix of I couldn't find another job and that I want to do the right thing and help as many people as possible.

What's your relationship with humans and other Srain?
To me, race doesn't matter. It's all about what your character is and what your morals are. Cheesy, yes, but it's what I believe.

Are you proud to be a Srain, or would you rather belong to another race?
This is a funny question. There's such a rift between the two that one side will almost never wish to be the other. Maybe Srains might wish that they're human, but I can't think of a single human that would want to be a Srain.

Do you love your sons, and do you think you are giving them enough by working as a firefighter?
My sons are the most precious things in the world to me. I would do anything for them. I don't think I'm giving them all that they deserve, but I'm doing the best I can with what I'm presented and that's what matters. My only regret is that I'm away all day and don't really get to spend time with them.

Are you an optimist, a realist or a pessimist?
I would like to think a realist.

What do you fear most?
I want to be there when my kids grow up. My biggest fear is that I won't make it back from a fire or that my kids will fall into a bad crowd and, well, I think you know.

What are your religious views?
Don't really have any. No one has ever pressured me about anything so I leave the topic alone.

What are your political views?
I vote, but I don't really belong to any party. I do some research when the elections come around at the library and vote for whoever I think is genuine and cares about the working force. I don't like government freebies however. A man should be able to take care of his own family.

Do you have friends?
My best friend is a human named Joe. He's one of the few that doesn't care that you're a Srain. I also have a friend named Kolski. He's my neighbor and a fellow Srain. Both of them are firefighters with me.

Do you desire revenge for your wife's death? And if yes, would you be willing to kill somebody?
I did at first, but I managed to keep my anger under control. It took every ounce of self control I had, but eventually I calmed down. I'm a long way from forgiving the officer, but I had to do the right thing, for my boys.

What is the worst sin you have committed, and do you think often about it?
Since this keeps getting brought up, I guess I can give an answer, but I won't like it... I've shot another Srain when I was young and foolish. There isn't a day that goes by where I wish I hadn't done it. I still have nightmares about that day from time to time. They're extremely vivid. I'm forced to relive the worst day in my life over and over again, like some sort of curse.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
What is your full name?
Matthias Winston.

I was born in Denmark, in 1996, I'm 17 years old.

My dad's a mechanic at the local autoshop and my mom works at an office a couple of towns away from ours.

Do you have any family?
Aside from my parents? I've got my big sister, even if she can be a bit of a pain in the butt at times. We usually just steer clear of each other though.

Well, uhm... when I was little, just about to go out of kindergarden, apparently I got really, really angry at another one of the kids and... stuff started happening around me. Things, toys, chairs, flying through the air, smashing into walls and exploding in on itself. The teachers were really scared and managed to get everyone out of the room before they managed to calm me down. Nobody got hurt! That was the first time my parents found out about my powers. And me, I suppose.

I lived in a small house in a town in... uh, Jylland. It's a part of Denmark. I lived there with my mom, dad and sister. Mom and dad were the typical parents, I suppose, but they were a little more... overbearing with me? I dunno, they helped me out alot. Lately, I've moved to this school called 'Gilded Halls', which is pretty awesome. Full of kids with special powers like myself!

I just started at Gilded Halls. I guess we're supposed to learn about our abilities and try to control them. Not that we knew about that -before- we arrived.

As mentioned earlier... heh, yeah. It took alot of practice, but I can control it pretty well now. I can move stuff around with my... mind, or will, or whatever you want to call it. Make them float or hover, move them around. I can't do it to living things though, and the bigger the stuff is, or the further away, the harder.

Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
Oh, uh... you caught me a bit on the spot with that. Uhm... I'm slightly higher than my friend back home who's a year younger than me, so... I dunno, a little over average? I watch my weight so I don't get fat, but I'd say I'm fairly fit. Not... muscular or anything, just... average? *He shrugs* I'm a... human, I guess. You mean you often get other races here? I've begun dying my hair blue. Not a light blue, but a blue that's -almost- black, and I like having a bit of gel in the front tips of my hair, you know, make it look a little fresh. I've got green eyes, I don't have any... scars or tattoos or birthmarks or the like. As for my clothing... I suppose 'casual' fits it? Just some jeans and a shirt or a hoodie and I'm set. As long as it's comfy.

The middle class, I suppose?

Not as far as I know, no. I mean, I'm not the strongest, the fastest or most durable person, but that doesn't stop me from taking on a crazy dodgeball-firing machine. Heh, that was fun.

It sounds... uhm. I don't know? I haven't really listened to a recording of it before, and you know how it is, you always think your voice sounds different when you hear it.

Uhm... *He rummages in his pockets for a moment* A box of matches, my keycard for my room at the school, a watch my dad gave me and a pair of metal balls. You know, the kind you move around in your palm and you try to make them not touch each other?

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
*He tilts his head back thoughtfully and rubs the side of his neck* Mrh... I guess I do have a bit of a danish accent. I've worked hard on getting rid of it, but there's still a bit of it left. Other than that, and the fact that I don't really turn off lights after I go out of a room, I can't really think of anything else.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Any of the assigned writers may ask Slayr231 more questions!

I'll move to dear Ser Bastian here.

• How would you describe your childhood, in general? You liked living with your parents, did they teach you anything, or did you have to find out how the world works by yourself?
  • Did you enjoy the normal school? How would you compare it to the Gilded Halls?
  • In your new school, is there anybody you idolize?
  • Does your sister have any powers like you whatsoever?
  • If she had, do you think you'd be able to bear her around you if she joined the Gilded Halls?
  • What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
  • What is the evilest thing you can imagine yourself capable of doing?
  • What is your motto? Do you live by any words that have changed your life?
  • What is your best memory?
  • Have you made any enemies in the new school of yours?
  • Have you lost any friends because you got into that school, and have you made any new friends there?

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
This thread is just what I felt I needed!

What is your full name?

My name's Clayton Richard Connolly.

In the outskirts of Mistralton City, Unova. January 3rd, 1995.

Lucian Connolly and Marcy Connolly

Do you have any family?

Well now that's a silly question, you just asked who my parents were! *He laughs* Mom and Dad ARE my family. Even though Dad's all the way in Kanto at Silph Co.

There isn't much to say. I'm an Eighteen year old aspiring trainer that just graduated Trainer school and started their adventure.

Although there was this one time, walking across Skyarrow with my Father when I was a kid, that a Ducklett swooped down and stole a sandwich out of my hand...

I used to live in my Childhood home in the Mistralton City outskirts with my Mother. Describe her? She was a gentle, caring woman. I can only assume she wanted the best for me. She always would work herself into a fit trying to afford things for me, what with Dad working in Kanto. Kinda makes me wonder why he hasn't sent us our share of money yet...

She's a delicate woman, with pitch black hair running gently down her shoulders, a bun on the top of her hair. Her complexion is a bit darker than mine, considering her job is cleaning the Mistralton City Gym. Inside and out. She stands at about 5' 7'' tall, and is very thin, despite her job.

I used to help around the town wherever I could. Fetching wood from the forest whilst borrowing someone's Timburr. Mowing lawns for the elderly. Heck, I even helped Skyla, the Gym Leader of Mistralton, catch her Woobat, which has now evolved into a Swoobat.

None that I discuss openly. Not even my childhood friend Katherine knows yet. My special ability is the ability to talk to Pokemon, kinda like my Mother can, on occasion.

This is getting a bit personal here, but I digress. Um, I'd have to say that I've got a really gruff facial structure. So I usually appear rather irritated, even in my happiest of days. I stand at about 6' 7'' Height, weigh around 250lbs or so *not fat, just because of my BMI*. I'm easily Caucasian, although my time spent in my room reading Training books may have made me a bit more 'white' than I would have liked.

Some people have joked that I look like a Gengar if they could be bleached! Moving on, I have short Black hair. Not necessarily military crew cut, but not shoulder length and shaggy. It's well kept, and probably about two or three inches off of my head. Eyes are a deep dark blue. Referred to some as Iceburg, I would rather associate them as the next level lighter than Denim jeans.

I wear khakis, I find them more comfortable when going on long distance trips then denim, and I'd rather not wear shorts, as they usually tend to show more than I would like. Shopping is hard when you are the human equivalent of Sasquatch, y'know? Shoes are your typical running shoes, although these suckers are size 16 *US*. Again, people have referred to me as submarine shoes because of it. For a shirt, I typically wear a 'tank top' commonly referred to as a wife beater. It's usually black, and then on top of that I have my leather vest. On my hands, I tend to wear finger-less gloves, leather or not.

As for the rest, I don't have any distinguishing marks.

Pretty poor, if you ask me. I'd say my family is in the blue collar social class. It's right below Middle Class, but right above Lower Class. Even though my father is a scientist in Silph Co. We don't tend to see much of his paycheck. I guess Kanto region stuff is more expensive than he thought.

I can't note any allergies or diseases currently. However, I have a weakness to death and the mistreatment of Pokemon. I have a wicked temper as well, which can sometimes get the better of my judgement.

Couldn't really say. Hold on one second. *Pulls out voice recorder* Sup Johnny, the world says HELLO! *Plays it back* Yep. That's my voice alright. You ever seen movies like Taken with Liam Neeson? I'd say my voice is similar to Liam Neeson, or Clint Eastwood, if you are more familiar.

A pocket full of sunshine. *Chuckles* On a more serious note, I'd say a ball of lint, loose change, and sometimes my trainer ID case, when my backpack is full. Also my wallet, if I had much spending money.

If you'll pardon my french, I'm a bit of a wise-ass. Which can be viewed as an annoying habit, and a source of entertainment for different people. One time, when I was little, I used to chat like a Chatot to annoy some bully off of my friend Katherine. She still laughs whenever I do an impression of it.

I usually have a very easy going attitude. I'm easily approachable, and I like to help people where I can. But if you harm a Pokemon or my friends, I won't have any trouble heading to Officer Jenny's lockup for a few years, if you catch my drift. As you could probably tell, I have a zero tolerance policy for bad people. Team Plasma are such people. I have a wicked temper, and honestly, with a man my size, ticking me off would be like taking a Magikarp out of an Ursaring's mouth. You won't WANT to recover from the after math.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
How would you describe your childhood, in general? You liked living with your parents, did they teach you anything, or did you have to find out how the world works by yourself?
My childhood? It was definitely good. Mom and dad were -really- understanding when it came to... uh, my powers. They helped me get some anger-management type thing, helped me control my temper. It really helped me to get good control of my powers. Other than that, it was nice. Chores, homework, the works, really.

Did you enjoy the normal school? How would you compare it to the Gilded Halls?
Well, uh... here's the thing. I didn't even go to a normal school. After the incident in kindergarden, mom and dad thought it best to have me homeschooled. So... before going to Gilded Halls, I just sort of... was stuck at home.

In your new school, is there anybody you idolize?
Idolize? I don't really think so. I've made a couple of friends, but nobody I really look up to as such, and we haven't met any teachers yet.

Does your sister have any powers like you whatsoever?
No, she doesn't. Or... at least I don't think she does. Hmh.

If she had, do you think you'd be able to bear her around you if she joined the Gilded Halls?
Oh god, if she came to the same school? That would be -horrible-. I mean... I could bear it, sure, but it'd be really annoying having her running around, calling me 'little brother' all the time. Ugh.

What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Important? I guess that'd be the whole kindergarden incident thing. It made me realize that I have powers, made my parents really... step up and show how much they love me, all that stuff.

What is the evilest thing you can imagine yourself capable of doing?
That I can imagine myself -capable- of doing? Erk, that's... a difficult one. Some kind of prank, I suppose. I don't really want to hurt people. Unless I really don't like them, and in that case... hmh. Probably either just humiliate them in front of everyone else, anonymously, or something like that.

What is your motto? Do you live by any words that have changed your life?
Does 'Hakuna mattata' count? *He grins*

What is your best memory?
Hmm... probably either arriving at Gilded Halls, finding out how everyone else there also had powers. Or... when I was younger, when I accidentally broke part of a shelf in the kitchen when trying to lift something down from there. I thought mom and dad would be so angry at me and my sister called me an idiot, but when they found out, they just made sure I was okay, of course, they told me to be more careful, but they took me and my sister to the nearby ice cream parlor during the evening and... we had a really good time. Mmh... yeah, that's probably the best one.

Have you made any enemies in the new school of yours?
Nope, no enemies yet. Seen a couple people I thought seemed a little... snooty, and would prefer not to get close to them, but in general, no.

Have you lost any friends because you got into that school, and have you made any new friends there?
I've made three... four-ish new friends, two of them being really close, and one of them sadly having an accident and being taken out of the school almost right away. It's a shame, because he was a cool guy. I lost a friend that I lived next to back at home, but I think we agreed to talk together if we ever got to a computer.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Good to see everyone applying, I'm happy to know more of your characters, but I can't interview all of you for a second time, sadly. I hope the other assigned writers will be up for it!

@Shad0wChas3r

• What is your current state of mind?
  • You know Team Plasma is up to no good. Will you actively stand up to them?
  • Is being a trainer the career you would readily choose?
  • What is your idea of perfect happiness?
  • Have you had any Pokemon partners so far? If no, would you like to get one?
  • What is your favorite species of Pokemon?
  • Don't you hate the fact that there's no police to tackle such obnoxious people? (xD I know I do)
  • Have you ever fallen in love? A crush, perhaps?
  • What of your education? Have you gone to a trainer's school?
  • Do you have any memory of your dad you'd feel comfortable sharing with us?
  • Do you have any sort of criminal record in the past?
  • Are you honest with other people, or have you been lying to us all along? You sound and look older than 18, if you don't mind me saying.
  • Who, what or with who would you die for (otherwise go to the extremes)?

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
What is your current state of mind?

Doing good. Traveling down out of Mistralton right now with Katherine in tow. Just won my first official Pokemon battle as a new trainer against her. We'll branch apart at Nimbasa, and I'm going to continue down to Striaton City for my first badge.

You know Team Plasma is up to no good. Will you actively stand up to them?

Till my dying breath. They say they mean to liberate Pokemon, but if you had seen the way their Herdiers hunted Bolt *he's my Pichu*'s mother. You'd feel the same way. That, and they FEED Patrats to them. It's sickening.

If you even so much as mutter the words Team Plasma, I'll demand to know where they are, who to look for, and be halfway there before you can finish your sentence.

Is being a trainer the career you would readily choose?

Technically, my career of choice would be a Gym Leader or an Elite Four member. So in a way, yes. Being a Pokemon Trainer is the career I readily would choose. My mother started an adventure when she was my age, but never finished because she had met my Father.

I decided that I would become the Champion of the Unova region, and finish what she started, while finding my own happiness in life.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Funny you should ask. Perfect happiness for me would probably be going on an adventure with my Pokemon. Something about being around Pokemon, it makes me feel good. That, and to find love. That would be pretty nice too.

Have you had any Pokemon partners so far? If no, would you like to get one?
I do actually, two Pokemon. One is my very first Pokemon, whom I encountered shortly after he hatched from his egg. His name is Bolt, and he is a Pichu. He enjoys traveling with me, but he still has some trust issues, and he's not yet ready for battle.

Alongside that I have Snivy, whom I actually have yet to nickname. First things first, I'd like to get to know Snivy a little better before I can properly name it.

What is your favorite species of Pokemon?

As I younger child, I was fascinated by all sorts of Pokemon Species. The Pikachu evolutionary line stood out a bunch. I can't really say, to tell you the truth. I like all Pokemon, and I know that they all have their particular uses and quirks about them that makes them equally likable.

Don't you hate the fact that there's no police to tackle such obnoxious people? (xD I know I do)

Unova really hasn't had a need for a Police force, because normally there are no crimes going on. Any and all Officer Jenny's in Unova were transferred to Kanto/Johto during the Uprising of Team Rocket, and then to Sinnoh after Team Galactic showed up.

Perhaps that would explain the sudden increase of Team Plasma followers. I dunno, they all are defeated the same. Any and all police officers nearby are saved for security purposes, not so much petty crimes.

It irks me to no end, but I'm not in Government. I have no control on the situation.

Have you ever fallen in love? A crush, perhaps?

Heh. It's funny you should mention it. It seems as though recently Katherine has been really trying to grab my attention. Of course, I've always liked her since I first laid eyes on her. With all this attention seeking, perhaps she's trying to tell me something? Something about those eyes... and if you tell her I said any of that, I'll clobber you!

What of your education? Have you gone to a trainer's school?

Yes, Katherine and I just graduated yesterday. Our Teacher was relieved, believe me. We were so ecstatic to finally be gone from that place and it's rental Pokemon. Katherine wanted to use Candy *her Lillipup* but the school board wouldn't allow it. Funny how a school tries to teach you the importance of bonding with your Pokemon, but won't let you bring your own.

Do you have any memory of your dad you'd feel comfortable sharing with us?

*Pauses, furrowing his lips* My last memory of being with him was six years ago, when he first moved to Kanto. It was the day we walked across the Skyarrow bridge. He had business to do in Straiton. We stopped by Castelia city for a couple of Casteliacones and a couple of sandwichs. We walked across the bridge, enjoying the view of the ocean about mid-way.

He kept looking at me, as if something was bothering him. When I tried to ask what was the matter, he shook his head, glancing back at the ocean. That was when the Ducklett swooped down and attacked my sandwich. When we returned to Mistralton, he tucked me in that night, and then the next morning, he was gone. Mother said he told her that he was going with Silph Co. to Saffron City over in Kanto.

Apparently there was this huge project they were working on, and he was an essential member of the process. Something along those lines. I dunno, I'm done talking about it, next question.

Do you have any sort of criminal record in the past?

That's a rude question. But I will answer it nonetheless, I'm sure you didn't mean it to be so. No, my parents raised me to be a proper, chivalrous gentleman. In fact, I despise criminals. I understand that some people do it out of desperation, but resorting to things like this only changes you as a person, not the situation you're in.

Look at me, spent the last six years in Poverty, working alongside my Mother, just trying to put food on the table, get me a good education, and feed Buster and Jaspurr *Mom's Herdier and Purrloin*. I haven't even considered robbing a Poke-Mart, or the nearby Farmer's market.

Are you honest with other people, or have you been lying to us all along? You sound and look older than 18, if you don't mind me saying.

Any way I answer that might sound as a lie. But you're going to have to trust that I am being completely honest with you. I only lie to protect others and the ones I care about. Even then, I don't resort to it unless it's a complete necessity.

I come from a family of strong-men. My voice and my body structure is all genetic.

Who, what or with who would you die for (otherwise go to the extremes)?

I'm assuming you are asking who I would take a bullet for? My answer is simple, and I've said it about thirty times in this interview. I would die for my family's safety, for the safety of my Pokemon, and I would die for Katherine too, if the need ever showed.

Heck, I'd even die just to take down Team Plasma, and finally rid the Unova region of their scum.

Note: I'd be willing to help if you need it for other people too.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I've got a few questions more for Sir Bastian's Matthias Winston - he seems an interesting fellow.

What does life hold for you after Gilded Halls? Do you plan to go into a normal line of work, or will you be making full use of your abilities?
In a similar line, what would be your ambition, if you could do anything?
It must have been a pretty dramatic transition - moving from homeschooling to the Gilded Halls. How's it been for you? Has it been a bit of a shock to your system?
At the Gilded Halls, there must be all sorts of weird and potentially lethal powers knocking around - do you feel like it's an environment you can be comfortable in, or is it so unpredictable that it keeps you on edge? Or, to put it a little better, what's the impact of the 'strange powers' aspect on day-to-day life at Gilded Halls?
It's a long time ago, so you might not remember this, but what was it that got you so mad at the other kid in kindergarten that you ended up unleashing your abilities?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • What is your full name?
    Nathan Steele.
  • When and where were you born?
    I have no idea since I was found in a trash can. But my adopted mother told me that I've been found in Miami and that I am supposed to be born in 1996.
  • Who are/were your parents?
    My biological parents are unknown to me but my adopted mom is Maria Hill.
  • Do you have any family other than your parents?
    I don't even know my real parents but no, I have none.
  • Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
    No, I do not like to share my past.
  • Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
    I live in the USA with my adopted mother who is single. She is a 38 years old brunette but she pass for a much younger age. She isn't very tall, around 5'1", she has long hair that she ties in a ponytail. She is usually described as curvy by the men who lust after her. She's kind with me, we joke a lot and she treats me as if I was her real son. Maria is always cheerful, sometimes childish even if she knows when to act mature.
  • What do you do for a living?
    Martial arts' instructor.
  • Do you have any special abilities?
    Yes. When I was a baby, I underwent an operation which drastically enhanced my body. I miraculously survived but somehow the surgeons didn't make it. Now I possess two black wings that I control but do not have total mastery upon, I am very strong, fast and intelligent. Every part of me was enhanced far beyond human's imagination.
  • Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
    I am considered as a dark person. I'm almost always dressed in black or white. A casual t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. I stand at 6'1", towering above most people. I never knew my weight but I'm normal since I'm neither thin nor fat. I have a muscular body due to trainings. My hair is black and so are my eyes. I do not have any tattoos but a scar on my chest. After all, nothing special.
  • To which social class do you belong?
    The middle class.
  • Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
    Dunno if this count as disease but my body cells are dying quicker than normal as side-effect of my "operation".
  • What does your voice sound like?
    A deep one.
  • What do you have in your pockets?
    Right now, my phone, my wallet and my PS Vita.
  • Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
    Sometimes I can just snap of my usual self and become an anger-filled person. I feel the need to beat or even kill these times. Thankfully, these do not happen often.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
What does life hold for you after Gilded Halls? Do you plan to go into a normal line of work, or will you be making full use of your abilities?
Oh, wow. Uhm... I haven't really thought about that. I'm not the kind of guy who plans twenty years down the line, you know? I don't even know what I want to do for a living... but yeah, I plan on using my abilities to their fullest. Would be a shame to be able to move stuff around with your mind and not making use of it, you know?

In a similar line, what would be your ambition, if you could do anything?
My ambition? You're really throwing the heavy-hitters after me now! If I could do anything... most people would probably say 'fight crime', but I kind of feel like I wouldn't do too good a job at getting away from the police like Batman does, so heh. I dunno, honestly! Something with meaning, something fun, and something where I can use my abilities.

It must have been a pretty dramatic transition - moving from homeschooling to the Gilded Halls. How's it been for you? Has it been a bit of a shock to your system?
It's definitely... different. We haven't been taught that much at Gilded Halls yet, but it's... nice, to get away from the house. As much as I love my family, it's fantastic to be around others with abilities like myself, just... being myself, rather than having to hide it all the time, you know?

At the Gilded Halls, there must be all sorts of weird and potentially lethal powers knocking around - do you feel like it's an environment you can be comfortable in, or is it so unpredictable that it keeps you on edge? Or, to put it a little better, what's the impact of the 'strange powers' aspect on day-to-day life at Gilded Halls?
It's -awesome-! Would there even be a question? Sure, there's alot of people with weird powers around here, some of them might be a bit dangerous in the wrong hands, but eh, we're all here to learn to control it in one way or another. Plus, I just find it so... interesting, to see someone else handle their ability in ways I couldn't even imagine. Like Selena, one of my new friends, can manipulate plants. She dragged me up to the nurse's office once, using vines that sprouted from her wrists. Now -that- is cool. Even met a guy who could transform into a kangaroo!

It's a long time ago, so you might not remember this, but what was it that got you so mad at the other kid in kindergarten that you ended up unleashing your abilities?
Well, I obviously don't remember myself, I don't really remember anything from way back then besides a few glimpses of memories. However, dad told me that the kindergarden teacher said that it had something to do with the other kid stealing my lunch. Apparently my mom'd prepared me a special snack that day and I really weren't all that happy with him taking it from me, heh...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
@JNathan - Nathan Steele

Do you ever wonder who your real parents were?
How was life without a father?
Do you know why you were chosen for the operation?
How was life growing up with this condition?
Are you the only one of your "kind"?
Do you wings prevent you from doing different things?
How does your side affect with your body cells dying faster than normal affect you?
What triggers your "snaps" that cause you to become so angry?
What's the worst thing you have ever done?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Do you ever wonder who your real parents were?
How was life without a father?
Do you know why you were chosen for the operation?
How was life growing up with this condition?
Are you the only one of your "kind"?
Do you wings prevent you from doing different things?
How does your side affect with your body cells dying faster than normal affect you?
What triggers your "snaps" that cause you to become so angry?
What's the worst thing you have ever done?

-No, they didn't care about me back then and I won't either.
-It was normal, I didn't care. As long as I had Maria, I didn't want anyone else.
-To this day, I still don't know.
-I had to control myself a lot and avoid getting into trouble but thanks to Maria, all went well.
-I know that I'm the first but I don't know if I am the only one.
-No. In fact they aren't always out, they are retractable.
-That means I will age and die quickly if I don't find the proper antidote.
-When I'm in trouble (being attacked), it is triggered.
-I killed all the scientists that participated to my operation on one of my snaps.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
@JNathan - Nathan Steele

What do you see yourself doing in the future?
Are you currently in a relationship?
Do you even know if an antidote exists for your rapid aging?
Are you famous or do you try to keep on the "down-low"?
Do you ever wonder if you're the only one?
Did anyone shun you because of your "powers"?
Were you allowed to play sports either in school or in the community and if yes, did you?
Do you ever wish that the scientists would have picked some other unfortunate soul?
Do you have any friends?
Do you keep your powers a secret or are you public with them?

Maced

Bad Egg
Years
This seems fun! I've been looking for questions to ask myself to help develop my characters. I'll do this with the protagonist of the fic I'm workin' on. I also added a few more questions that were asked to others that really resonated with this particular character.

What is your full name?
Anthony Sommers

I was born on February 9th, 1996, on a small forgotten island.

My parents were Alexia and Curtis.

Do you have any family other than your parents?
Only a best friend who I like to consider as a brother.

People stuck in the past are unable to work toward a future. They spend more time thinking about what could have been, when they should be focused on, what should they do?

I live on a ship and sail the oceans of the Hoenn region. My shipmates are a rambunctious group of people, but they're very dedicated to what we do. I might even be a little more respected then the 'captain'.

Need I say more? We sail the seas and do whatever we can to survive.

Just a man and his will.

I'm 5'10 and 140 pounds. My eyes are brown, and my hair is some sort of light-brown color. My style of dress? Well, I don't have much of a wardrobe. I also don't bathe and wash my clothes as very often as I would like.

Is that how society discriminates itself? Who's poor and who's rich? I'm in a class all of my own.

No...but I do tend to overthink.

You tell me.

Let me see...I have this switchblade and some loose change.

Ha-ha, again, you tell me.

What is your current state of mind?
You have a nice necklace around your neck. Is that real gold?

You know Team Plasma is up to no good. Will you actively stand up to them?
Team what?...Who cares.

Is being a trainer the career you would readily choose?
Pokémon battling is a pissing match used to protect a person's ego. Pokémon trainers are weak. They settle disputes by having others fight for them. I don't like to see pokemon battle each other. I much rather have them on my side. They should work together with humans, doing things that don't involve them killing other Pokémon.

If I was a trainer, I wouldn't have my pokemon battle somebody I personally wouldn't punch in the face.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I don't know.

Have you had any Pokemon partners so far? If no, would you like to get one?
I don't have or want a pokemon.

What is your favorite species of Pokemon?
Fire pokemon are brutal, and for some reason, I like them.

Don't you hate the fact that there's no police to tackle such obnoxious people? (xD I know I do)
They don't always have to be a uniformed man with a badge on their chest.

Have you ever fallen in love? A crush, perhaps?
The only real crush I had, when I was a kid, was with a girl named Susanne. She was a girl who lived on the Isle I was born on. I'm pretty sure she isn't alive anymore, after all, my friend and I were the only survivors of that Isle. Yeah, and don't ask me how, because I really want to find out too.

What of your education? Have you gone to a trainer's school?
My mom taught me how to read and write.

Do you have any memory of your dad you'd feel comfortable sharing with us?
Dad was great, he taught me how to swim in the ocean, how to catch dinner, how to cut a tree down with a stick and a rock, all sort of neat survival things.

Do you have any sort of criminal record in the past?
Some people might consider me a criminal.

Are you honest with other people, or have you been lying to us all along? You sound and look older than 18, if you don't mind me saying.
I'll be 18 next year. Go ahead and think what you want, but I've been telling you the truth all along. I have no reason to lie.

Who, what or with who would you die for (otherwise go to the extremes)?
Nobody but my shipmates. We might be what you consider a family.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
@Maced - Anthony Sommers

You seem to change the subject whenever it's about the past, why is that?
Do you consider yourself a pirate?
What role do you play on the ship?
What actions have contributed to the others shipmates holding you to such a high level of respect?
What's the worst crime you have committed?
Do you ever want to be captain of your own ship?
Do you see yourself sailing the seas for the rest of your life?
Do you want to start a family?
You seem very out of touch with modern society, is this intentional, caused by being on the sea for so long, or a combination of both?
What's your goal you're trying to reach, if you have one?
Have you had any personal encounters with trainers to spark your dislike of them?

Years
He's got his guard up, as always. He might need a bit of nudging to get out some meaningful answers.

What is your full name?
Evan Kyong. My name in Korean is Kyong Woo Sung.

July 8th, 1997. Pyongyang.

My father was Kyong Sol Sung. He was a general in the Korean People's Army. I never really met my mother.

Do you have any family other than your parents?
No, not anymore.

Are these stories usually worth sharing? … Well, I remember the first time going down to the big city while on leave, but you civvies wouldn't understand that. *smirks*

I live at this … place called Gilded Halls. The students there, they have powers, or abilities, from what I've seen. Not that it applies to me, personally. Neither to my roommate, Dominic. He's alright.

It seems that I'm a student now. I haven't had much of a living to be honest with you though. I've been schooled for my entire life.

I think I've made that clear already.

I'm Korean, hopefully that tells you enough about the way I look. Haha, no. If I recall correctly I am 5'7", and I can't remember the last time I weighed myself. Sorry. I think I dress accordingly. As the situation requires.

Social class? I really can't say. I'm a student. I, uh… no. Sorry, I really can't help you here.

I really don't think it wise for me to discuss my weaknesses so publically.

You're hearing it right now. You tell me and I'll think about it.

Nothing. I haven't anything. What does this have to do with anything? My hands. *shrugs*

… I … I really … You know, I don't think these questions are quite relevant.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
@BlahISuck

• Can you tell us more of your school? Do they accepted students without special powers?
  • Are you jealous that others in your school have powers and you don't?
  • Would you kill to acquire such kind of powers?
  • You sound like a careful person. Are you having trust issues? If yes, where does that stem from?
  • Have you ever been 'backstabbed'?
  • Have you ever had friends, or enemies?
  • This school of yours, do you think it's the very key to your future? Or do you think it's just another boring phase of your life?
  • Are you a quiet or awkward (or both) person?
  • What is your current state of mind?
  • Have you ever had any sort of criminal record?

Back