• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most overrated Hoenn Pokemons

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
I think the most overrated pokemon from Gen 3 is Absol because it doesn't really have anything going for it other than its high base Attack, I think people only like it for its design but to me it looks nothing special, it's got nothing on Exploud or Milotic xD

What about you guys?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Flygon. As a kid I thought it was the middle stage of the Salamence line. (As Drake had a Shelgon and I never saw a Bagon in Sapphire).

Now I don't get the love for it and am very surprised it was considered for a Mega when Milotic was not.

Honourable mention to Absol for being just a generic dark type.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Hard to tell, Hoenn has very little overrated Pokémon, I think.

I'd probably go for Breloom, Sableye and Mawile.

Last edited:

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
Gardevoir - The female one anyway , She is only good for terrible species cross breeding fan fics and Rule 34 websites. Other than that, the pokemon is highly overrated, as well as one of my favorite and...wait what?

...anyway it isn't that strong of a pokemon and everyone only likes her because she looks really human.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I'd go with Mawile. I don't understand its design at all, it doesn't learn useful stab moves until very high levels, and the Wonder Trades are bloated with breedjects of those. It doesn't even have a pretty Shiny Colour, it's just like they added a pink-ish snapchat filter on it.

Years
When I think of Gen 3 overrated pokemon, Gardevoir is the first one.

Nothing against her ( since most people love her female over male), but she is almost everywhere, used for " Waifu material", best gen 3 psychic pokemon somehow so enough to brag about.

The Hoenn starters also is overrated, but then again most starter from every region are as well ( we have some exception tho.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
hmmm overrated ... depends on how you look at it all tbh.
Cuz I'd want to say Gardevoir as well but I don't really hear a lot of people brag about it being all that good. Just as some other people pointed out, Gardevoir has a fricking weird fandom.
Absol on the other hand is one where people say it's ooooh so amazing but I can't really see it.
But to me personally, I think I have to say Metagross ... just a feeling XD

Gardevoir and Absol are actually my favorite pok?mon but that doesn't mean I can't see the flaws behind them XD

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Milotic. Because the requirements to get one are insane. I spent a year looking for Feebas and never found it. I ended trading with a neighbor for one, only to find out that the Feebas he traded me had its Cuteness maxed out! So I borrowed my neighbor's Game Shark to hack in a Milotic and it didn't even register in my PokeDex. It was female, so I ended up breeding it with my Swampert hoping for the right nature. After that, I released the hacked Milotic, but every single Feebas I own can trace its heritage back to my Swampert and the hacked Milotic, except for the useless male with its Cuteness stat maxed out. So that's why I find Milotic over rated. Because it was a pain to get in Gen 3!

Last edited:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years

Rayquaza is everything but overrated in my opinion, it's so powerful that Smogon puts in the Uber tier and its mega has got its own tier. That thing is hard to take down.
If we start talking about it being OP, then I totally agree with that.

Jayce Darcy

Champion
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2017
Salamence for me.

Anything with a 4x weakness just isn't that strong to me. He gets one shotted all the time.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
If we're talking about AI controlled, Slaking is practically useless if you have Protect or Detect, you will never take damage from it.

Other than that, I think the Regi trio are very overrated, in terms of design I thought they were a little boring to be pseudo-legendary and in battle they're very gimmicky tanks.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I agree with Gardevoir and Salamence. Gardevoir....I remember all the yaoi that came out about Wally and his male Gardevoir...haha.

Back