• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, that's an easy solution. Hopefully I won't have too many different names for my hack, because else I will have to resort to the picture-assigned-names.

Spoiler:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Hello, I want to know if there is a way to mass export and re-import all pokemon sprites at once for FireRed.

I was replacing all the pokemon sprites with unLZ-GBA and checking them with a sprite editor and it seems I corrupted something with the text graphics early on - which I didn't notice until I finished and ran the rom, so all my backups have this problem. I really don't want to have to re-add them all again individually so being able to mass export and re-import to a clean rom would really help me out a lot.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Wichu's sprite editor will help you alot. You can export all the sprites from one game to another.

Well, I took the name-list in the header tab, changed it to Safari Zone, changed SAFARI ZONE to XXXXXX MANSION and then I get the Safari Zone picture instead of the old Pokemon Mansion picture. So it has something to do with the data stored with the name.

So, any suggestions?

Try this tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Wichu's sprite editor will help you alot. You can export all the sprites from one game to another.

Try this tutorial.

Thanks, that worked :)
Next question:
29gelpw.jpg

I have 2 different types of couches. One is from the Pokemon Fan Club room and the other is created with standard sprites from tileset 12. They have the same layout, same behavior bytes and same background byte.

The orange couch covers me when I'm behind it and I cover the orange couch when I'm in front of it.

The blue couch however does cover me when I'm behind it, but when I go in front of it, it still covers the top of my hat.

It doesn't make any sense to me, since they are made up in the same way, with the same behavior and background bytes. How is this possible?

Years
The only thing I can think of is movement permissions; does the blue couch have the movement permission 10 assigned to it? If so, change it to C. That's the only thing I can think of. :/

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Can anyone give examples of use of Scripting to call Day/Night events using Zodiacdagreat's Day/Night System?

Like... how do you use variables/offsets to call the system and compare the time? Is it possible to make it so that flags reset at certain times of day or anything?

Just trying to weigh up it's use in a hack :).

redriders180

Years
The only thing I can think of is movement permissions; does the blue couch have the movement permission 10 assigned to it? If so, change it to C. That's the only thing I can think of. :/

I think you mean the other way around. Movement permission 10 makes the Hero not covered by anything, while movement permission C is just normal.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Yup, had to do with the movement permissions. No clue why, but it worked, so I'm not complaining! Thanks a lot, both of you.

redriders180

Years
Hi Everyone!

Regarding saving...does the entire 256k+32k of data get "saved" when you save? If not, what gets saved, and how would I expand that area?

In one of the early pages of the Quick Research and Development, someone figured out how to expand it, and also to use the space for variables. It might be of use to you.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013

I've been using APSE as well, it can mass import but will only let me export one sprite at a time. But I suppose that method would still be faster than going through the unLZ-GBA process all over again.

redriders180

Years
I've been using APSE as well, it can mass import but will only let me export one sprite at a time. But I suppose that method would still be faster than going through the unLZ-GBA process all over again.

Huh, I'm sorry. I dunno for sure, but someone out there somewhere has probably compiled a big folder of all the sprites somewhere, if you wanna google around for it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Huh, I'm sorry. I dunno for sure, but someone out there somewhere has probably compiled a big folder of all the sprites somewhere, if you wanna google around for it.

The sprites I'm using aren't from any of the games, so no luck there. I have them in folders but for the APSE mass importer to recognize them all frames of each pokemon have to be in one image. So basically it has to be exported by the APSE method before it can be imported that way. Not sure why there isn't a mass export option if the mass import option requires that they all be exported by the same tool. :\

--Update--​

I went ahead and exported them all manually with APSE, it went a lot faster than I expected but I'm currently getting the dreaded overflow error anytime I try to write to rom. But I should be good once I get that sorted out. And I believe I found the source of my text graphic error. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
here.in the video i'm writing a script.but can someone say what am i doing wrong?.plz help.remove the spaces

http: // youtu.be/rrsxUgbZG H w

redriders180

Years
here.in the video i'm writing a script.but can someone say what am i doing wrong?.plz help.remove the spaces

http: // youtu.be/rrsxUgbZG H w

It's your script offset...It's 0x18D2F018, which doesn't exist in the rom. The newer Advance Map supports 8 digit offsets, so when you highlighted the whole space, and copied in a 6 digit offset, it copied the six characters, and then the first two characters again to make 8. Try making it 0x0018D2F0

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
It's your script offset...It's 0x18D2F018, which doesn't exist in the rom. The newer Advance Map supports 8 digit offsets, so when you highlighted the whole space, and copied in a 6 digit offset, it copied the six characters, and then the first two characters again to make 8. Try making it 0x0018D2F0
i will thx.and does the offset has to be hexadecimal or decimal?

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen today
Right, Ive searched everywhere and I can not find an XSE download that actually works? Most are con methods to get me to download something else and arent actually real, and all the ones on here are broken. I just need to script ONE Gym Leader before I can release the Beta of my game damn it.... thanks :)

If its easier however, a Gym Leader script that works with PokeScript will be fine instead thanks!

Right, Ive searched everywhere and I can not find an XSE download that actually works? Most are con methods to get me to download something else and arent actually real, and all the ones on here are broken. I just need to script ONE Gym Leader before I can release the Beta of my game damn it.... thanks :)

If its easier however, a Gym Leader script that works with PokeScript will be fine instead thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Hexadecimal. I have to fill the rest of this message with nonsense to get over the 25 character limit, so apologies for that
ok thx
.but i kinda dont know what do i have to put in advance map so plz explain me the whole process after i write the script

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Hi again, I hope you don't forget my last question it's really important, I know have another problem T____T;;

In the game there is a cave, and I want to make more maps to make the cave big but when I try to add a map it is added "PALLET TOWN"
Why is this happening? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back