• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Does anyone know how to RNG abuse wild Pokemon for HGSS? Because I'm in a mixed-up situation... Instead of getting what I wanted, I got a Psyduck...it's because the Psyduck's female. So now, I have to get a Ditto. Well, if I'm going to be breeding a (Shiny) Flawless Pokemon, a Ditto can help! It can breed with any Pokemon! And also...does anyone think that most RNG abusers also RNG abuse their ID and SID?
Thanks!
Oh, and for the Ditto, here's the spreads I can use. I found these spreads by using PokeRNG:

Search for: HP: >= 31, Atk: >= 31, Def: >= 31, SpA: >= 31, SpD: >= 31, Spe: >= 31, Min. delay: 478, Max. delay: 638, Year: 2012, Encounter Slots (Method K): Land 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11 (without synch)
PID: E9375A48 (Calm, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: 5D000242, delay: 566 (year: 2012), method 1: 163, K (synch): 10, K (no synch): 48, HP: Dark 70
PID: 6937DA48 (Modest, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: DD000242, delay: 566 (year: 2012), method 1: 163, K (synch): 22, K (no synch): 40, HP: Dark 70

Last edited:

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Does anyone know how to RNG abuse wild Pokemon for HGSS? Because I'm in a mixed-up situation... Instead of getting what I wanted, I got a Psyduck...it's because the Psyduck's female. So now, I have to get a Ditto. Well, if I'm going to be breeding a (Shiny) Flawless Pokemon, a Ditto can help! It can breed with any Pokemon! And also...does anyone think that most RNG abusers also RNG abuse their ID and SID?
Thanks!
Oh, and for the Ditto, here's the spreads I can use. I found these spreads by using PokeRNG:

Search for: HP: >= 31, Atk: >= 31, Def: >= 31, SpA: >= 31, SpD: >= 31, Spe: >= 31, Min. delay: 478, Max. delay: 638, Year: 2012, Encounter Slots (Method K): Land 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11 (without synch)
PID: E9375A48 (Calm, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: 5D000242, delay: 566 (year: 2012), method 1: 163, K (synch): 10, K (no synch): 48, HP: Dark 70
PID: 6937DA48 (Modest, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: DD000242, delay: 566 (year: 2012), method 1: 163, K (synch): 22, K (no synch): 40, HP: Dark 70

Although I haven't RNG'd on HG yet however A lot of RNG abusers do RNG their ID/SID for two reasons.

1. To obtain certain high IV shiny capture seeds (4 Gen mainly)

2. To obtain a desired ID/SID combo

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Thanks!

If you RNG in HGSS, you need to RNG when you are riding your bike. Do not let a pokemon following you when you RNG wild pokemon as it will mess up your frame. Also, when you use Sweet Scent, the frame advances about 1 to 3 depending on each game so you will have to hit your delay first, advances the frame, catch the pokemon and determine which frame you end up with.
For example, I ride my bike and go to area where I can catch a wild pokemon. I save the game and find the seed that I want to use. My target frame is 45. I hit my delay, advance the frame, catch the pokemon and I find out that my frame is 47 instead of 45. I know that my frame will advance 2 frames each time I use the sweet scent. I reset and do all the step again but this time I will advance 43 frames instead of 45 and bang, I get the pokemon I want.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Due to a series of unforeseen incidents, I may not be able to RNG anything for the next little while. I may or may not be able to complete the next challenge.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Okay then. But do 5th Gen RNG abusers also RNG their ID and SID? If that's so, maybe I'll do the same with B2/W2. And still...can someone help me with my Ditto problem? Thanks!
Oh yeah, I'm also planning to RNG abuse the Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Deoxys. Can someone tell me how would you make RNG abusing a Wonder Card Pokemon work? (I'm a full novice on the whole IV RNG thing, I have only RNG abused for shininess and sometimes it won't work anyway)
And also...okay, thanks for that johnny18 but if I were to find out my Sweet Scent frame advance by your example, still...how would you find out that you're in frame 47? And not only that, you'd advance your frames by any kind of way that's possible and consistent (maybe by calling Prof. Elm/Joey), right? And you'd also have to do 10 Prof. Elm calls after changing the system's time and date (if required) and also after waiting a minute to find out what seed you're in, right? And also...how would this RNG abuse actually work? (What are the steps?)

Last edited:

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Okay then. But do 5th Gen RNG abusers also RNG their ID and SID? If that's so, maybe I'll do the same with B2/W2. And still...can someone help me with my Ditto problem? Thanks!
Oh yeah, I'm also planning to RNG abuse the Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Deoxys. Can someone tell me how would you make RNG abusing a Wonder Card Pokemon work? (I'm a full novice on the whole IV RNG thing, I have only RNG abused for shininess and sometimes it won't work anyway)

Yes, 5th Gen abusers do but there is less need to because high IV shiny seeds are obtainable anyway. But if you were looking for a specific spread or wanted to RNG your starter then you would have to abuse your ID/SID.

My first Honey Tree abuse!

luxuryball.png
265.png
luxuryball.png

Wurmple ♀ Lv.11
OT: George | ID: 17771
Timid | Shield Dust
31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting
Floaroma Meadow | Fully Redis​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Very nice Floony! I updated the original post with your accomplishment.

Floony is a Drifblim, not Drifloon x] But thanks!

I tried fishing RNG today on Black and it's not working at all for me... Any tips? I want my Staryu! It just keeps saying nothing is biting at the rod. I also did another capture today on a Sandslash :3 31/31/31/15/31/31 and male so I was pretty happy with it; now named Chilli! Not shiny though, couldn't be bothered with that today. x]

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
372333.jpg

Challenge #2: Prepare for Trouble! RNG a Pokemon used by Team Rocket!

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years

Floony is a Drifblim, not Drifloon x] But thanks!

I tried fishing RNG today on Black and it's not working at all for me... Any tips? I want my Staryu! It just keeps saying nothing is biting at the rod. I also did another capture today on a Sandslash :3 31/31/31/15/31/31 and male so I was pretty happy with it; now named Chilli! Not shiny though, couldn't be bothered with that today. x]

I find that when fishing, if you don't get a bite then move off of the square that your on. e.g. move 2 spaces Up

It works for me ^_^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Awsome! Cause I want a Shiny Meowth anyway.... Although I might go for a different one [Maybe a Porygon...].

I failed at the first challenge because I was attempting to do my first wild encounter, although I was doing this in the trophy garden [in Diamond] so I didn't have wandering NPC's to deal with. I'm a little confused about encounter slots, I looked at the list for Diamond on eggmove.com but can not find Porygon in the trophy garden. How do the special Pokemon that the butler stocks the garden with get listed when trying to calculate frames? I really wanted a Porygon [part of why I'm thinking the team rocket challenge may be a Porygon].

I reset until Mr.Backlot said their was a porygon, then I walked into the garden and saved. I had a lead Pokemon at Level 18, and a pokemon with sweet scent. I also had repels so that I could walk in the grass to advance my frame. I ended up with an encounter slot with Roselia iinstead of my Porygon I had hoped for. [Did all my frame advances correctly, the nature/IV's and shiny that I was aiming for]. What do I do next time to ensure I get the species I am looking for? I understand that a given frame will always give the same species, I just need to know in the trophy garden who can I garentee this for next time?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I find that when fishing, if you don't get a bite then move off of the square that your on. e.g. move 2 spaces Up

It works for me ^_^

Alright, I'll try that - thanks! As for the new challenge, I'm certainly RNGing a Koffing/Wheezing. It shall be non-shiny and be the perfect replica of James' <3 My favourite Pokemon from that serious!

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Awsome! Cause I want a Shiny Meowth anyway.... Although I might go for a different one [Maybe a Porygon...].

I failed at the first challenge because I was attempting to do my first wild encounter, although I was doing this in the trophy garden [in Diamond] so I didn't have wandering NPC's to deal with. I'm a little confused about encounter slots, I looked at the list for Diamond on eggmove.com but can not find Porygon in the trophy garden. How do the special Pokemon that the butler stocks the garden with get listed when trying to calculate frames? I really wanted a Porygon [part of why I'm thinking the team rocket challenge may be a Porygon].

I reset until Mr.Backlot said their was a porygon, then I walked into the garden and saved. I had a lead Pokemon at Level 18, and a pokemon with sweet scent. I also had repels so that I could walk in the grass to advance my frame. I ended up with an encounter slot with Roselia iinstead of my Porygon I had hoped for. [Did all my frame advances correctly, the nature/IV's and shiny that I was aiming for]. What do I do next time to ensure I get the species I am looking for? I understand that a given frame will always give the same species, I just need to know in the trophy garden who can I garentee this for next time?

When RNG'ing in the Trophy Garden the current days pokemon (the one Mr.Backlot mentions) is always Encounter slot 6 and the previous days pokemon (the one Mr.Backlot mentioned the day before) is always Encounter slot 7.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
When RNG'ing in the Trophy Garden the current days pokemon (the one Mr.Backlot mentions) is always Encounter slot 6 and the previous days pokemon (the one Mr.Backlot mentioned the day before) is always Encounter slot 7.

Thanks! I'll look forward to trying again tonight!

EB

Re: World
Years
Oh, you're actually planning to use my challenges? Sweet! B]

I'll start the challenge as soon as I can; it'll be a little easier after tomorrow when my spring break starts. :cer_boogie:

(I'll invent more challenges for you when I'm feeling inspired...)

EDIT:

That sounded slightly conceited; let's try "when I have enough time to brainstorm." =p)

Last edited:

johnny18

Years
Challege completed
21bhph.png
24.png
21bhph.png

OT:Tevin l ID:28568
IVs: 31-31-31-x-31-31
Nature: Impish l Ability: Intimidate
Caught at Route 3

And also...okay, thanks for that johnny18 but if I were to find out my Sweet Scent frame advance by your example, still...how would you find out that you're in frame 47? And not only that, you'd advance your frames by any kind of way that's possible and consistent (maybe by calling Prof. Elm/Joey), right? And you'd also have to do 10 Prof. Elm calls after changing the system's time and date (if required) and also after waiting a minute to find out what seed you're in, right? And also...how would this RNG abuse actually work? (What are the steps?)
I know my frame by using encounter slot and IVs of the pokemon I catch. I have the feeling that you actually do not understand what I say at all. There is currently no guide for RNG in HGSS so you may need to read this guide http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_intro first before you ask anymore question. I know that this guide is for D/P/Pl but it applies to HGSS also no worries about it. If you have anymore questions after reading it, ask us either on here or trying to find a date so you can get on the chatroom ;)

I'll start the challenge as soon as I can; it'll be a little easier after tomorrow when my spring break starts. :cer_boogie:

EDIT:

That sounded slightly conceited; let's try "when I have enough time to brainstorm." =p)
Spring Break, hehehe you can talk with us more <3

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

EDIT:

Well, I thought the Team Rocket thing was cool, you don't get to know what I think of all of them though! xD

Challenge completed!

Jessie_Captures_Yanma.png

004.png
193.png
004.png

Yanma ♀ Lv. 1
OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Nature: Timid
Ability: Speed Boost
IVs: 31, 2, 31, 30, 30, 31 Ground 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Tackle, AncientPower, Hidden Power, Protect
Non-Redis

I really like this 'mon as it's very useful in battle and it's Jessie's, my favorite member of Team Rocket. It only saddens me that there were not any capture seeds with the IVs I wanted!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
So...you check the encounter slot of the Pokemon you caught that isn't the Pokemon you wanted to catch and put it into the RNG Reporter (maybe that's where you put it in) with the Pokemon's IVs to find what frame you landed on instead of the frame that you had to land on? (Sorry if I'm incorrect)
And also...about the current challenge. I can use Pokemon that Team Rocket temporarily had, right? Not just the ones that are currently with Team Rocket?

Last edited:

johnny18

Years
So...you check the encounter slot of the Pokemon you caught that isn't the Pokemon you wanted to catch and put it into the RNG Reporter (maybe that's where you put it in) with the Pokemon's IVs to find what frame you landed on instead of the frame that you had to land on? (Sorry if I'm incorrect)
And also...about the current challenge. I can use Pokemon that Team Rocket temporarily had, right? Not just the ones that are currently with Team Rocket?
Yes, that's what it is except that you only need to put your seed on the main reporter's box where it says "Seed (Hex)." It will show you all the frames that you may get starting from frame one. For the challenge, I think Mac may say yes so pick whatever mon you want to RNG as long as they are or used to be in Team Rocket. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back