• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Android ROM Hacking Tools

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
Hi! So I just started to get into this whole ROM hacking thing, and I was working on a hack when I realized I actually have no interest in creating a story. What I enjoy doing is programming, so I thought it would be cool to make some tools. But there's so many out there already, so I thought why not make them run on my phone, because that's where I play anyways. So I've started working on tools for android. They probably won't be very useful for a serious hacker as it is much nicer to work in front of a computer then a tiny phone but these will be useful for those who want to change some stuff on the go. I plan on adding more tools to the thread as I go. Anyways here's what I've made so far:

Starter Swapper: Change your starter pokemon. Works with Firered v1.0, v1.1, Leafgreen v1.0, v1.1, Ruby v1.0, v1.1, Sapphire v1.0, v1.1, and a version of Emerald which I believe is 1.0. If there is any interest I will release the source on github. The download link should be attached along with a screenshot because I can't add links yet.

Apologies if I'm doing something wrong or breaking some protocol, I'm quite new to this community

Attachments

• Starter_Swapper.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,533
  • Screenshot_20170814-125214.png
    Screenshot_20170814-125214.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 986

CaptainDumbChester

The Dumbest Person ever.
Years
Hi! So I just started to get into this whole ROM hacking thing, and I was working on a hack when I realized I actually have no interest in creating a story. What I enjoy doing is programming, so I thought it would be cool to make some tools. But there's so many out there already, so I thought why not make them run on my phone, because that's where I play anyways. So I've started working on tools for android. They probably won't be very useful for a serious hacker as it is much nicer to work in front of a computer then a tiny phone but these will be useful for those who want to change some stuff on the go. I plan on adding more tools to the thread as I go. Anyways here's what I've made so far:

Starter Swapper: Change your starter pokemon. Works with Firered v1.0, v1.1, Leafgreen v1.0, v1.1, Ruby v1.0, v1.1, Sapphire v1.0, v1.1, and a version of Emerald which I believe is 1.0. If there is any interest I will release the source on github. The download link should be attached along with a screenshot because I can't add links yet.

Apologies if I'm doing something wrong or breaking some protocol, I'm quite new to this community

No one replied yet? This is cool (What language is this written?)
, BTW welcome back KK.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
That will be awesome!
I suggest to include those hacks in Quick Research thread.

That will be awesome!
also, item, trainer and Pokemon data editor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years

The Quick Resources Thread is a thread where people can post miscellaneous resources like tiles, sprites, small bases, etc.

Tools are normally posted in their own thread for convenience's sake.
In this thread, people will be able to discuss any matter related to the tool itself, something that would not be possible in the Quick Resources Thread.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
The Quick Resources Thread is a thread where people can post miscellaneous resources like tiles, sprites, small bases, etc.

Tools are normally posted in their own thread for convenience's sake.
In this thread, people will be able to discuss any matter related to the tool itself, something that would not be possible in the Quick Resources Thread.

Read my post back, I said QUICK RESEARCH THREAD, not RESOURCES. I know the difference between those threads.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Read my post back, I said QUICK RESEARCH THREAD, not RESOURCES. I know the difference between those threads.

The explanation still applies.
The Quick Research Thread is a thread where people can drop miscellaneous findings they make when researching different parts of a Pok?mon ROM.
Posting a tool in that thread would make no sense and again, it would make impossible for anyone to receive support, report bugs, etc.

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
The explanation still applies.
The Quick Research Thread is a thread where people can drop miscellaneous findings they make when researching different parts of a Pok?mon ROM.
Posting a tool in that thread would make no sense and again, it would make impossible for anyone to receive support, report bugs, etc.

Seems like you are getting his words wrong,
He means to include those hacks(findings) from quick research thread into this tool.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Seems like you are getting his words wrong,
He means to include those hacks(findings) from quick research thread into this tool.

Oh, alright, that does make sense.
I thought he wanted this tool's creator to share his stuff in the quick research thread, hahaha.

ON: Speaking of which, I agree with Lance's idea.
Implementing stuff from the Quick Research Thread sounds like a nice first step for this tool to become Android's equivalent of The_Learner's Quick Enhancer Tool which would be pretty nice.
ROM Hacking in Android sounds like a pretty comfy idea and it would be nice if more tools kept popping up as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
No one replied yet? This is cool (What language is this written?
It's written in java, using the standard android sdk.

BTW welcome back KK.
I'm not sure what you mean by welcome back. I just joined this community for the first time.

ON: Speaking of which, I agree with Lance's idea.
Implementing stuff from the Quick Research Thread sounds like a nice first step for this tool to become Android's equivalent of The_Learner's Quick Enhancer Tool which would be pretty nice.
ROM Hacking in Android sounds like a pretty comfy idea and it would be nice if more tools kept popping up as well.
That is kind of the plan. My idea with this was to be able to open up a clean rom and edit pokemon data, change up moves, and add a couple modern features with a few clicks.

Right now I am almost done the first iteration of the pokemon editor. Editing stats and moves work fine, once editing evolutions are working I will release the version. Editing pokedex information, and sprites are not planned for a while though.

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
Years
Nice work, I am also working on an Android Rom Hacking, I wanna see what codes you use, you can release the source if you have no problem with it :)

EDIT: Clicking on Load Rom crashes the app, my android version is Marshmallow 6.1, you should fix it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 5, 2020
Did you change the evos? If so I'd love to download this, I tried the starter swapped and I loved it!

Also is there any chance of you putting a randomize option in there too?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
Hey guys/girls. I'm interested in learning how to hack gba games. I'm just fascinated by being able to tweak, edit or completely overhaul a game. Can anyone tell me where to start? How do you learn? What programs do I need? Are there simplified tutorials anywhere on base level rom hacking? I like to think of myself as fairly tech savvy but I'm completely noob when it comes to this. I need a starting point. Any help would be appreciated. Also please don't abbreviate any of the terminology lol I was just speaking to a group about it and all I got was abbreviations and shortened words and it was confusing. I've never attempted to hack a rom or anything close to it but I want to learn. Thanks

Back