• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Rate the song above

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
Years
So this was a fun thing on the old forums I was on that I couldn't find here. The rules are simple. Rate the song above from 1 to 10 and say why, then reply with your own song.

I'm not sure what forum section this belongs in, but I want to do this anyways. First song is 1741.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2021
Feeling a Light 8/10 on this one. I dig Alestorm, and while sometimes I feel they get a bit formulaic and it doesn't always click with me, they always are a fun time.

I'll pass along one of my favorite songs in most recent memory, This Corrosion by The Sisters of Mercy. I originally wasn't totally sold on Sisters of Mercy on the level that I am now, but their weird combination of Rock guitars and vocals blending with synths and drum machines that has become rather influential in Goth Rock has made me a huge fan. Put that together with Jim Steinman, one of my favorite producers of all time, and you have one masterful track. If you enjoy this short version, I recommend the full 11 minutes

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
9/10 hahaha that was amazing. I love funny stuff like that. Not a 10/10 because this one had me laughing but to get a 10 I needed to be rolling on the floor ;)

Rate dis:

Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
7/10 I don't listen to music like this very often, but I'll admit it's good!

Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

Years
8/10 I tend to love anime theme songs!

I rewatched The Prince of Egypt yesterday, and this song is just glorious in my opinion:

Years
Coincidentally I was recently thinking about The Prince of Egypt yesterday too. It was this very moment right after Moses meets Miriam.

Soaring, warm clarion vocals and an inspirational, epic symphony accompaniment. The only thing I am not sure about is the placement of the queen's accompaniment. Its lovely, it just came from a later scene with a different mood so I would have liked it on its own track, but it still sounds terrific.

This is a golden oldie, so sad.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5PC68rEfF-o

Hyzenthlay

Years
10/10 A classic, such an enchanting song.

Care to get a little pumped up for the day?

Last edited:
Back