• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon sizes that surprise you

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
I was very surprised by Tyranitar,Dragonite,Roserade,Beartic etc You know, ttar is a monster.It should be massive not slightly taller than your dad.This applies to Dnite as well..Roserade,well it is a rose afterall but I don't like its size.And of course Beartic.He is a polar bear.Standing polar bears are huge.He is about 2m and something.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I expected Tyranitar to be larger, especially seeing how large they made Wailord, so it's not like they are limiting themselves lol. Tyranitar could have easily been about 8/9 feet, but he's only 6'7". That's human size, for some.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
I was surprised by Excadrill, Joltik, but mainly Charizard. When I saw Charizard in the anime for the first time, I expected it to be as big as a 2 story house, like a real dragon or something, LOL.

Years
Another Pokemon with a size that surprised me was Staraptor, it's smaller than I first thought (Final evos are often really big).

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
A lot of game sizes are awkward; I don't imagine Game Freak put much thought into it.

Game Freak must be not put some thought to this trivia matter. Just look how absurd the pokedex entry really is.
Heck, they even did not give any side character a story or some sort.
I wonder if their writer really do any job at all.

IMO, not all final evos have to be huge in size. Their optimal size are supposed to represent what creature they based on.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Another Pokemon with a size that surprised me was Staraptor, it's smaller than I first thought (Final evos are often really big).

Score! I just came here to write it down....i was Ninja'd >.<

But really, Staraptor looks Huge in the Anime, when I checked his height in the in-game Pokedex, :\ it....wasn't really "BIG" .

Years
Another Pokemon I should mention is Yanmega, it's bigger than an average 10-year-old Pokemon Trainer.

It's based on a dragonfly, yet it is actually 6 feet 3 inches tall. That's big for a bug!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Another Pokemon I should mention is Yanmega, it's bigger than an average 10-year-old Pokemon Trainer.

It's based on a dragonfly, yet it is actually 6 feet 3 inches tall. That's big for a bug!
Insects millions of years ago used to be much bigger (up to half a metre in size), because there was more oxygen in the atmosphere then which allowed them to survive (they wouldn't get enough of it from today's atmosphere). Given Yanma evolves when knowing AncientPower, it makes sense (the size is still exaggerated, though).

Years
Have any of you seen Scolipede's size, it's huge!

And get this, Gengar is smaller than Haunter!

Or if you see Bellossom, it's smaller than the rest of its evolutionary line (even Oddish!)

Years
Classic Roselia. I thought it would be like, oddish size. That and digglet, the 8-inch thing caught me by suprise.

Roselia is one of the most well-known cases of size discrepancy. It is as tall as an average Pokemon Trainer's legs in the anime, but when you look at it in the games it's smaller than what you think.

Only 1 foot tall, making only just a tiny bit taller than Budew.

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
Years
Tyraniter! Because in it's first stage (Larvitar), it is like merely 2". Then it's next evolved stage (Pupitar) it is a little larger than 3". But in the last stage it suddenly grows into a humongous, more than 6" tall, freaky Tyranitar, which is powerful and scary at the same time.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Every serpent-ish Pokemon isn't measured by height,rather length,so Scolipede,Arbok,Dunsparce etc. have this as length not height.

I was surprised by how tall Galvantula is when compared to Joltik,it's eight times Joltik's size.

Back