• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Spooky

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In previous games, you had things such as memorial sites for Pokemon that have passed away, and mansions with spooky/haunted things going on. In these games, it has been said that your bond with Pokemon will be closer than ever. This leads to the question as to whether these haunted (whatever includes a load of ghost Pokemon, basically) _____ will make a return, as they have been in previous games. If so, would this mean that passed Pokemon's resting place will make a return yet again, as opposed to the haunted mansion we saw in the previous game and in DPPt? Would this mean you get more interaction with others' passed Pokemon, and when you touch the coffin you hear stories of their lives? And even so would you like this location to be as important as it was in R/S, where you got the orbs of the legendaries? Or would you rather the spooky locations be somewhere less important but instead have an interesting quality to them? If so, how? Share your thoughts!

Years
I think an actual Cemetery/Mausoleum would be a cool change of pace. Like a literal, outdoors Cemetery, with like a Mausoleum-like building somewhere on the sprawling property. They should make it with like hills, some big trees, and dotted with tombstones everywhere. It could be a side-quest thing with like an HM or some item(s) hidden in it. And now that we have 3D, it would be quite possible to do.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hm, I wonder if a pokemon like the Ghost Marowak from Gen 1 could be in these games.

I mean, it's apparent that pokemon can die in a very unfortunate and viscous way, so they can turn into restless spirits. An outdoor cemetery can be nice for a change; I hope it has a good purpose like RSE or RBY.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
i think a crematorium would be really spooky, it would be quite a bit different and maybe a little too spooky but it would be kind of interesting

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
An outdoor cemetery could definitely benefit the region both visually and to allow for a wider variety of Pokémon to be caught! Going into such an area at night would be a great experience, especially for a Pokémon game! And it would especially benefit from Day/Night Pokémon returning.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... what spooky place hasn't been used before? Well we know we've had memorial places that are inside, such as the Pokémon Tower, the Lavender Town Pokémon House, and Mt. Pyre interior. And then we've had haunted buildings such as the Old Chateau and Strange House.

But what we haven't had... is an outdoor Graveyard. Now I would really like to see something like that in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Something like that with having Grass where you can capture some Ghost Pokémon, and during the night... having some spooky things occurring, and even an event.

Hm... interesting. xD

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think an actual Cemetery/Mausoleum would be a cool change of pace. Like a literal, outdoors Cemetery, with like a Mausoleum-like building somewhere on the sprawling property. They should make it with like hills, some big trees, and dotted with tombstones everywhere. It could be a side-quest thing with like an HM or some item(s) hidden in it. And now that we have 3D, it would be quite possible to do.
This is what I thought of immediately. We've had buildings, we've had mountains, but we still haven't had a good ol' fashioned cemetery. I'd finally like to see something like that, Buffy-style. Being in 3D, I could imagine a light haze lingering around the eery location like in RSE with the backdrop of this really haunting music. At night, it would look fantastic. Seriously, the more I think about it, the more I hope it happens.

Speaking of the different stories that could be told about the diseased Pokémon who rest there, I would like to see some of their ghosts lingering around from time to time. Sort of like the ghost in DPPt if any of you remember.

If we can finally have a Pokémon of the undead introduced, then I don't see anyplace better than the cemetery to make it available.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
It would be interesting if there was a place where a great tragedy happened and many lives were lost. Like a battleground where pokémon were used as weapons. I wonder if gamefreak would go that far, but it would be nice. A bit sad too.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Well, a cemetery would be cool, but if you wanted to have a more dark tone to it, we could have a place within the evil team's base where they performed experiments on Pokemon...and failed, killing the Pokemon which turned them into ghosts. However, GF probably wouldn't do anything like this.

I personally am fine with anything that allows for a good creepypasta or two.~

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well, a cemetery would be cool, but if you wanted to have a more dark tone to it, we could have a place within the evil team's base where they performed experiments on Pokemon...and failed, killing the Pokemon which turned them into ghosts. However, GF probably wouldn't do anything like this.

I personally am fine with anything that allows for a good creepypasta or two.~
I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. If you recall, the Pokémon Tower from Lavender Town was haunted by a mother Marowak that was killed by the hands of Team Rocket in trying to protect its child Cubone. Then in GSC/HGSS, Team Rocket was cutting off the tails of Slowpoke and selling them.

Every generation, Pokémon seems to take a step more in an attempt at darker themes, and with these games likely dealing with genetics, it's definitely possible they could go down this route.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
A foggy cemetary or a very dark forest like in The Blair Witch project. And the soundtrack to these places can be very scary now.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I think something like this would be a wonderful idea. I've never liked how Pokémon had always used a tower to house the dead because I have never seen one of those before in my life. A traditional cemetery would be a good change.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Oh yes. A dark forest would be LOVELY. And make sure that the soundtrack is full of DRUMS. LOUD SCARY DRUMS. That will attract people. XD I'm not even being sarcastic.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was gonna say I'd like an actual outdoors cemetery like people have suggested, but when you consider that Pokemon are pets in this world, it makes sense to me that they have these towers dedicated to them. I imagine they made Pokemon and Celestial Tower as specialized Pokemon cemeteries because they're not human, they're pets. There are more wild than in captivity, unlike humans which almost all of us get buried. Not all Pokemon, nor all pets/animals to go back to that analogy, are going to be buried. Plus, these places are rather nice. I imagine it might cost a pretty penny to have your Pokemon buried there, and I think that's another reason they're not outside.

btw. We do have a semi-outside cemetery anyway. There's an outside portion of Mt. Pyre, which I guess ruins my point (or it's the cheaper alternative to having your Pokemon buried indoors), but even still, it has an main inside portion (that needs fixing up...you seen them holes in there?!) and a smaller outside part. So idk what you wanna make of that.

For this game, I wouldn't mind seeing an outside one, even though I feel it makes more sense for a Pokemon cemetery to not resemble a human cemetery, but it would be a nice change of pace.

A crematorium is a bit...much for me honestly, lol. Our band practice field is next to a funeral home/crematorium and well, it was a little unnerving when one day, there was smoke coming from it...meaning they were burning someone's body while we were there. And the smoke was blowing our way. And we were breathing dead people. Yeah...just...really creepy.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I really like the idea of zombie Pokemon and catacombs coming to game that would be such an awesome idea. Maybe even like a huge cemetery that is the size of a city.

Back