• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
This post applies to an OLD version of the program only
Eh. I believe you forgot faceplayer right under lock at the beginning of the script is what you're referring to.
No, I hadn't compiled the movement recompilation support into PKSV :(
It's done now, so you can all update!

I tested for bugs (and found some, and fixed all that I could find) with the script:
Code:
' Use on a blank ROM, not a real Pokemon ROM, due to 0x0 offsets.
#org 0
applymovement 0 0x10
end

#org 0x10
M waLk_right raw_05 rAw_05 RAW_0000 <censored...> walk_up say_:) enD
'The theory is that it will compile only:
' m walk_right raw_05 raw_05 walk_up say_:) end
Thanks to MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO for reminding me of that rather large, gaping hole in my program, and for catching my thought train at EXACTLY the right time to make the process less daunting with the use of Regex find-and-replace to touch up on the source code.

Last edited:

frostyfuz

Cheeko, Cheeko
Years
I'd hate to bother yah, but why do I keep getting an error?

"pksvui.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

score_under

Years
That's most likely a memory access violation.
There should be a link on the dialog. Click it and it will open another.
On that box, click the link that says "To view technical information about this error report click here".
Just tell me (right at the top of the text box in the next dialog):
The code (usually 0x8000Something), the flags and the address.

And thanks for filing a bug :)

Last edited:

frostyfuz

Cheeko, Cheeko
Years
That's most likely a memory access violation.
There should be a link on the dialog. Click it and it will open another.
On that box, click the link that says "To view technical information about this error report click here".
Just tell me (right at the top of the text box in the next dialog):
The code (usually 0x8000Something), the flags and the address.

And thanks for filing a bug :)

The code is 0xc0000005
Flag: 0x00000000
Address: 0x00000000004081af

EDIT: I keep getting an error whenever coming to this page.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2010
Sorry,Because of the GFW in China,we can't get your tool at sourceforge.net
Please give us a new download link at fs2you.com.Thank you.

Fid

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
For some reason, this thing does not open on my PC. All I see is a small window for like 1/4 of a second and it disappears. I don't know if there's something wrong with your tool, my PC, or my head?

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Yeah, actually this doesn't seem to work (the GUI) on Windows XP..
It just doesn't load. Setting the compatibility to Windows 95 or NT fixes this, but as soon as you try to load a ROM, program exits :s

score_under

Years
Yeah, actually this doesn't seem to work (the GUI) on Windows XP..
It just doesn't load. Setting the compatibility to Windows 95 or NT fixes this, but as soon as you try to load a ROM, program exits :s
I use windows XP... so I don't have a clue what's going on there.

@lljtsj: They're blocking SF at the GFW now? It must really suck for internet users in china ATM. Uploading.... http://www.fs2you.com/files/e459091e-4ebd-11dd-8dac-001143e7b41c/
PS. The updates system requires SF. Therefore, I haven't updated the version number info on this version - it is compiled straight from my working-copy source code.

@FrostyFuz: Sorry, I forgot to ask what version you were using when this happened :s But I'll fix it!

For some reason, this thing does not open on my PC. All I see is a small window for like 1/4 of a second and it disappears. I don't know if there's something wrong with your tool, my PC, or my head?
Most likely a combination of your PC not liking the programming in my tool. I'll see if when I fix D-Trogh's error if it will fix yours.

@D-Trogh: Will contact you via MSN.

Last edited:

score_under

Years
Whoa... That must be difficult to have to do that every time in China.

Anyway, crashing bug was fixed. Then I ran into an icon bug. That was fixed. Then I ran into an updating bug.
That was fixed. Phew!
Latest version is 1.4.3stop_pointlessly_updating, but you can call it 1.4.3 for short!

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
From the looks of your signature this thread needs some love. xD
I know I haven't posted here before but I actually use PKSV and not XSE now. I think its an excellent scripting tool. I think people are forgetting that this was one of the first "new-gen" script decompilers out. Unless I'm thinking of someone else, you collaborated with Mastermind_X right? You had the first complete database (by todays standards). Wow, if I'm wrong I'm making a total fool out of myself.

I've been using it since AdvanceMap could integrate script editors. Before it had a gui, I agree it would have been pretty daunting to the average user but now that it does I think people should at least give it a try. I'm totally hooked, I couldn't live without the auto-complete feature now.

And score_under, maybe you should think about giving your first post a make over? Maybe add some graphics and a bit of css? And remove some of those crazy technical terms? I think then it'll be a less intimidating.

So, do you have any new features you're planning score_under?

score_under

Years
you collaborated with Mastermind_X right?
Why does everyone (2 people) think that I collaborated with Mastermind_X? I haven't even seen him active on the forums yet :p

Before it had a gui, I agree it would have been pretty daunting to the average user but now that it does I think people should at least give it a try.
Yeah, I realized that and though hard of a solution. Then I saw Notepad2 and noticed it was open-source. I cracked that open and saw what made it tick, etc etc, and then I found that Scintilla would probably be my editing component of choice. It was a good choice ;)

And score_under, maybe you should think about giving your first post a make over? Maybe add some graphics and a bit of css? And remove some of those crazy technical terms? I think then it'll be a less intimidating.
Didn't notice any technical terms, myself - I just usually write what I'm thinking at the present time.
And yeah, my first post looks horrible! I shall fix it up...

From the looks of your signature this thread needs some love.
Yeah - ~3% posted in YM's toolbox while ~0.5% posted in mine. That was rather weird.
Even if we swapped reply counts around, then still ~1% would have posted in mine and ~2% in his topic ;)

So, do you have any new features you're planning score_under?
If I can EVER find some free AND related toolbar icons on the whole of the internet, I may try to make a toolbar.

Last edited:

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
yehey i learned to script now.from now on im a scripter haha thanks for this program it's very easy Thank you Very much♥`

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2010
Its a looks a great program but dosn't work on the shell.bat thing it just say acsess denied and i can't use some programs and more with the alzip and one of the programs is advance map.so can you plz plz plz help???

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
You're not going to tell people about the update with the toolbar? I guess its pretty minor.

Do you think you could make something that would make deleting scripts already in the game easy? I just need it for my emerald hack as I am running out of space fast. Maybe even just something that gives the offset of the end of the script (so I don't have to look for that 02 manually).

Ralor

Ice Climber Andrew
Years
Hey this is a really cool script, I just started using it yesterday and I love it.

I just have one problem.

I made a script for a character and it worked perfectly. Then I tried making another script for a different character, and that worked too. But when I went to talk to the first character it said the same thing as the second character.

Help, please?

score_under

Years
This post applies to an OLD version of the program only, If you're wondering why I'm writing this little header message, it's because I called the updates "new" when they're rather old now.
Its a looks a great program but doesn't work on the shell.bat thing it just say access denied and I can't use some programs and more with the alzip and one of the programs is advance map.so can you plz plz plz help???
The associateshell.bat needs to be run as administrator to associate it system-wide.
I don't understand the second part of the sentence, that you "can't use some programs and more with the alzip and one of the programs is advance map".

You're not going to tell people about the update with the toolbar? I guess its pretty minor.

Do you think you could make something that would make deleting scripts already in the game easy? I just need it for my emerald hack as I am running out of space fast. Maybe even just something that gives the offset of the end of the script (so I don't have to look for that 02 manually).
I was guessing that people would notice the toolbar for themselves :p It's taking up a whole... about 26 pixels height? Something like that. Could have been 22. Not 24 though.
About the script eraser, I may try after I go to sleep (it's rather late) but wouldn't it be more efficient to erase old maps, as they love to take up space?

Hey this is a really cool script, I just started using it yesterday and I love it.

I just have one problem.

I made a script for a character and it worked perfectly. Then I tried making another script for a different character, and that worked too. But when I went to talk to the first character it said the same thing as the second character.

Help, please?
You either used the same "#org" offset for both your scripts' text blocks, or you mispointed a msgbox command.

By the way, this seems to be the ONLY script editor which correctly decompiles "jump" (i.e. ends decompilation at that point, as if it were return or end) and the ONLY one which de/recompiles movement data! *at time of writing

With regards, again, to dshayabusa...
It now has a toolbar! Go wild!

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
An excellent tool.
I'm new to hacking, and this script editor makes everything a lot easier.
Well, I still need to learn a bit more about scripting... but hey, with the internet anything is possible.
Anyways, I give this two thumbs up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back