• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieronGames

May be more active
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 24, 2012
yeah ANGEALLEN looks like the Pisces star sign from when i remeber

KieronGames

May be more active
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 24, 2012
no offence about the pisces star sign but i do prefer the old one better

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I agree. This one is good, but it's too different from the Angeallen we all know and love.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Is Angellean really that bad?

...I just saw it... Dude... It's not bad but, wow... I REALLY prefer the original.

no offence about the pisces star sign but i do prefer the old one better

I agree. This one is good, but it's too different from the Angeallen we all know and love.

Since you don't understand why we changed Angellean and why you loved the old one...

the reason is, DJG has been receiving PM's about both Angellean and Devihel looking like earthworms...
sorry to say this but we might not change the Angellean today into the Angellean before... so expect Devhel to have a new look too

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Aww...I loved Devihel as is...:(
But I Always thought of Angellean as a Serpent...Rather than a worm...:\
Oh...and if you didn't see the Following statement...I'll Write it again...

"Who am I to Question you anyway...You know what your doing after all...Anyways...Nice update...I'm curious about what the Dark organization are up to...Guess I'll have to wait to find out...Oh well...its worth the wait...:)"

ShayminSkyForme

Guradian of Flowers
Years
Let me explain my theory of Angeallen, kindly...

Angeallen was present in the two realities that one was made accidently by Team GoGetters. One reality, the true one, had it's hero as KRYSTAL, the playable character in Reign of Legends. The false reality has Reign of Legend's Blitz as it's hero. So, A player can catch a legendary, however an NPC, at all costs, cannot catch a legendary, so blitz hasn't had a chance to catch angeallen in his false reality. However, KRYSTAL did in her true reality. Life of Guardians is set to the false reality, therefore angeallen was still uncatched and it is catchable.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
So just because people thought they looked like earthworms, he changed them? Aww, I agree with Shadow Rayquaza, they were more like serpents. I never even thought they looked anything like worms. I mean, I can adapt the the new one if I have to, but I'll always prefer the old one. And DJG, if you're reading, I am a big fan of your work and I mean no offense but I have to say this. I thought you were better than to listen to idiots who don't like the old Angeallen and Devihel. You shouldn't have listened to them and change those two. All serious Ruby Destiny fans love the original. If you don't change it back, that's fine, I respect you, but please, don't change the two serpents we all know and love because of idiots' opinions.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
21ook2b.jpg

Okay... The changes of the two serpent dragons has been making this thread busy... So I guess I need to clear some things up here...

The sprite change of Angeallen is final... Here's a battle screen...
nyipvk.jpg

The sprite has been sprited by Synyster_Zeikku, edited by Nicolas, and indexed by me...
Credits also to DU7CH13 for the new Angeallen reference in deviantArt...

And here's Devihel's new sprite...
2ro3i0x.jpg

The sprite has been created by Caina, before known as Krad...

Now, the reason their sprites were changed isn't because of the comment about them being worms...
Angeallen's sprite was changed 'cause it was a Dragonair rip-off...
Devihel's sprite was changed 'cause I wasn't satisfied by it's past sprite(which I made)...

---oOo---

2iae83s.jpg

Oh wow...
I haven't posted an update for a while now...
Sorry about that...

Anyways, Chapter 4's storyline's already finished...
Here's a screen of the last event...

166k7sp.jpg
fxry2h.jpg

Also... You can skip the last event in Chapter 4 if you wish to proceed to the first event in Chapter 5's other story...
However, in this chapter, you will be torned between choices...
That's right... What you choose will change the story of the game...

245ijdc.jpg
2czvg28.jpg

What you'll choose is up to you to decide. ;)

I am currently writing Chapter 5, both the normal and the altered story...

That would be all for now~

---oOo---​

Well, if you're including all of johto (by expanding your rom, I assume) Is Gento (from rol) in too? That was my favorite region you made (so far). What about Kanto? Also, with a hack this big, I'm assuming you found out how to make the unused (and gender specific) fly spots usable somehow. (By that, I mean the ones inside the trainer's house, the 2 in little root, and the one in southern island). Also, who is remaking rol? Sorry 'bout all the questions

I plan to include Gento and Kanto, but I don't know if I could put them all... :\
Johto is included in the story, so I can assure you, you can visit Johto.

what the!
if RoL was sat in GENTO but ANGELLEAN in HEVAH I remeber seeing it in GENTO???

Angeallen is both in Gento and Hevah...
Every legendary can travel around the world, can they not?
Just like Zapdos flying around Sinnoh... :P

Oh okay so that explains why every possible surfing spot is covered with rocks :X

Is there a date for the continue to come?
theres no way i can use the same save for the continue somehow right?

No asking for release dates...
But you can use your old save state for the next beta to come~

That reminds me, I've beaten beta 2 already and what's this new form everyone's talking about? Angeallen looks regular with some kind of white aura around it. What's different? (besides the white aura-thing)

The sprite is different...
Soon, the OW will be changed as well...

Playing this was, whats the word.. Incredible. I can't find anything to tell you to improve on. This is deffinatly the best out of all the series. I found this alittle hard to play, but It sure was worth it. Can't wait for the next updates, DJG. Luck!

Yeah well...
It really is difficult... :P

A Pisces sign? o.O
that's a fish, and Angeallen's not a fish... xD

Let me explain my theory of Angeallen, kindly...

Angeallen was present in the two realities that one was made accidently by Team GoGetters. One reality, the true one, had it's hero as KRYSTAL, the playable character in Reign of Legends. The false reality has Reign of Legend's Blitz as it's hero. So, A player can catch a legendary, however an NPC, at all costs, cannot catch a legendary, so blitz hasn't had a chance to catch angeallen in his false reality. However, KRYSTAL did in her true reality. Life of Guardians is set to the false reality, therefore angeallen was still uncatched and it is catchable.

That's a nice theory...
I might apply that in the game. Thanks~

So just because people thought they looked like earthworms, he changed them? Aww, I agree with Shadow Rayquaza, they were more like serpents. I never even thought they looked anything like worms. I mean, I can adapt the the new one if I have to, but I'll always prefer the old one. And DJG, if you're reading, I am a big fan of your work and I mean no offense but I have to say this. I thought you were better than to listen to idiots who don't like the old Angeallen and Devihel. You shouldn't have listened to them and change those two. All serious Ruby Destiny fans love the original. If you don't change it back, that's fine, I respect you, but please, don't change the two serpents we all know and love because of idiots' opinions.

Well, no...
I changed not because others said they looked like earthworms... xD

---oOo---​

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Nice update! So there's no changing your mind huh? Whether it's because of the worm comments, Draginair ripoffs, or disappointing sprites, I will always love the originals, but I respect your decision and I guess we'll all have to get used to the new Angeallen and Devihel. So... it's actually possible to change a whole storyline by one decision? Wow, incredible! I have to see it! When the next beta comes out and I get that choice, I'm saving on a different file so I can choose both! That's amazing, being able to change the entire outcome of a game by a single choice. Then again, you already did so with the ending on Rescue Rangers. I can't wait 'till the next beta of this game! It looks like you've included more than enough new features, so the next beta is sure to be an improvement as big as beta 2 was for 1! or even bigger! I can't wait!

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
:D my bad... oh ya! can I also edit Devihel? and sorry for umm... saying they look like earthworms... well, Dragonair looks like an earthworm without its details right? :))

Years
Devihel should look intimidating... Just like it's old sprite. The new one is actually cute IMO. o_o
Anyhow, the aircraft thing looks interesting... best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back