• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Starter Kit for making Online Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Current Version: 0.8
This release contains:

• A server (albeit a bit buggy :/)
  • Login Screen
  • Register Screen
  • Public Chat system
  • Private Chat system
  • Global erasing of events
  • Having the ability to display the map without other players.
  • Having the ability to show a players chat underneath them.
  • Documentation on the current features.
MAKE SURE TO READ THE README!!!!!

Link to download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ovuca

Currentley working on:
Fixing a bug with the message box appearing in the battle system.

Fixing connecting maps when involving netplayers.
Writing a FAQ to document the new features and how to use them.
Fix a problem that when the game window is closed, the player does not get removed from the server's list of online people.
Fix a litle bug with the private chat system
Surfing no longer wants to work to a certain extent. When you click on the water, the message pops up fine. If you click yes, the player does not change sprite and does not move inside the water. The BGM still changes to that of surf though :/
Running, although I think its just pressing the shift button, doesn't appear to be working.
Strength doesn't appear to work, pressing on the boulder does nothing. - seems to be variable, works sometimes, and other times not.
Bubble chat(text from chat to appear below player)
Getting Connecting Maps to work again >_< Any maps connected to the one you are on no longer display, even if you walk into them Until you walk into them. Thats annoying >_<\
Due to my messing about, the maps are now repeating themselves over and over, ( if u keep walking to the sides of a map, the map will repeat itself for some reason )
Yay! Other players now actively update on the map! You can see them moving etc. Now there are still a few bugs to iron out e.gtransferring between maps is now broken >_<

if someone joins, they don't see the other players until they move and
Okay, its a bit buggy, but other players are starting to show on the map, but only if you leave the map and return, they don't yet update
and I broke the message display system while doing this. It seems that the messages are still showing, but underneath the map layer ( the z planes are all messed up :/ )
Getting other players to show on the map. This problem seems to be a conflict between Poccil's and the Netplay's way of coding.

Currentley finished:

• Communicating with the Netplay Plus server by SuicideManic
  • A fully functional login screen adapted to the resolution of Pokemon Essentials
  • A fully functional registering screen adapted to the resolution of Pokemon Essentials
  • To a certain extent, the chat system is fully functional
  • Private Chat system
  • Global erasing of events
  • Having the ability to display the map without other players.
  • Having the ability to show a players chat underneath them.
Future Plans:

• Trading system for both items and Pokemon
  • Battle system - battles against your friends
  • Party system - allow people to become part of your party and have double battles with gym leaders and wild encounters
  • More to come!
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Support bars:
If you like my project, please add this to your signature, with a link directing to this thread ;D Thanks

ubd7425.png

Credits:

• Poccil
  • Flameguru
  • GoldenAura
  • Muhammet Sivri a.k.a. SharkTooth aka Mr. Mo
  • Derk-Jan Karrenbeld a.k.a. Me™
  • SuicideManic
  • CyberSam
  • Near Fantastica
  • Astro_Mech
  • Sepiroth_Spawn
  • Rataime
  • Daniel Shaw a.k.a Destined
  • agentalexandre a.k.a eragon 55100 a.k.a Alexandre
Pokemon Essentials : Online utilizes Netplay Plus 1.6.3 not 2.0, so many features such as online registration, MYSQL databases etc, are not included. This is due to the fact that I can't understand how the Netplay + 2.0 server works for the life of me. When I figure it out, I shall start on a new version of PE:O.
PE O v.1 will include a ruby server with a GUI frontend for easy controlling. This will allow for more complex functions utilising a MySQL server among other improvements.

Thanks,
Alexandre

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Wow, cool idea i like it. Keep it up with this

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ohoho...this looks interesting, I'm only sad I wasn't a bigger part of it ;) Brilliant work so far, you truly are one of the greatest scripters :D And a small question though: will this be compatible for mouse controls?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Ohoho...this looks interesting, I'm only sad I wasn't a bigger part of it ;) Brilliant work so far, you truly are one of the greatest scripters :D And a small question though: will this be compatible for mouse controls?
There is no reason you can't help. I've finished like 2% of this. The main feature, seeing other players on the map, is not even done yet xD. And yeah, the login screen and register screen are fully mouse compatible.

I like the idea, looking good...This is off-topic (I think) but I sure hope people don't get me mixed up with the Daniel Shaw a.k.a Destined in your credits lol
I even thought you were the Netplay Destined when I saw you xD

EDIT: Updated the status, new progress!!
EDIT2: Fixed the Message system xD, stupid me messed up with the z priorities.
EDIT3: More status updates!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Status update! I got the player transferring to work! On to the next bug!

Edit: Added a new screenshot of the ability to see other players on the map! In the first Game.exe you can see what I am talking about when the map repeats :/

Last edited:

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
NOOOOOOO........ I was planning to bomb by secretly adding netplay compatibility into my project =[

You beat me to it lol, Well maybe this will help me in the long run being as I havn't started yet. Glad to see that this has come along it makes it easier for me though. After basic compleation will you be downloading essentials that includes netplay compatibility or just scripts? curious...... Also as I begin to experiment with netplay compatibilities on my game or until I get this version assuming its for public use. I will offer any assistance I can.

Also great work I love seeing things that help people out oh and Dragochamp would be a plus in helping. From what I've seen of his works its pretty great.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
NOOOOOOO........ I was planning to bomb by secretly adding netplay compatibility into my project =[

You beat me to it lol, Well maybe this will help me in the long run being as I havn't started yet. Glad to see that this has come along it makes it easier for me though. After basic compleation will you be downloading essentials that includes netplay compatibility or just scripts? curious...... Also as I begin to experiment with netplay compatibilities on my game or until I get this version assuming its for public use. I will offer any assistance I can.

Also great work I love seeing things that help people out oh and Dragochamp would be a plus in helping. From what I've seen of his works its pretty great.
Hahaha, I'm sorry. But I've been doing this for ages now. I've been using netplay since the early days way back in 2005. I know my way around basically each and every script in Netplay up till version 1.7. 2 is a completely different story xD. I would be glad for any help though if you have gotten further than me :D. And, I know Drago_Champ is awesome. I'm Blue Chrome's scripter >_<

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Yea I realized that after I posted lol..... Then I guess youre a fairly good scripter as the game appears to be really nice from what I have seen. Ive never used netplay just found out about it recently and it being able to allow RPG XP to make MMORPG games and I wanted to try and add it to my fangame for online interactions group questing and what not. As I start experimenting with it if I by some odd chance do get something that you don't Ill share it with you. I wish you the best of luck as well. Like I said this will be helpful to the community in offering a new feature for Pokemon Fangames and games using Poccils starter kit as a base.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Well to make a MMORPG you will need a good deal of experience in RPG XP or whatever program you are using yes this would simplify it but the noob scripters and people who really don't know anything about RPG XP wouldn't successfully be able to set it up. I don't think it would be flooded except by the more advanced XP users. Where as it would simplify turning poke games into RPG's there will be a lot of work the creator will have to do. They have to set up a server and various other things for the people to use. They will have to maintain the server as well. And a plus side is with a MMORPG people won't produce as many new games they will simply update their existing MMORPG to improve features and make things more user friendly. I am working on a fangame that will have the basic online functions as if you were using wi-fi. And on the dev board for my team we are making a completely scratch MMORPG using poccils starter kit as a base due to the battle system and menus. Some skill will be needed and a load of the games here usually fail within a few months or so. Meaning even if the forum is flooded only a few great ones will survive.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
(I don't mean to offend or rain on the op's parade by saying this), but if your leaving out features like mySQL databases, your really not encouraging those who really want to make a decent Pokémon MMO to use your kit, they could learn C++ or something, and get quite a nice language lesson on it.
I didn't say I wasn't going to include these features.
Pokemon Essentials : Online utilizes Netplay Plus 1.6.3 not 2.0, so many features such as online registration, MYSQL databases etc, are not included. This is due to the fact that I can't understand how the Netplay + 2.0 server works for the life of me. When I figure it out, I shall start on a new version of PE:O.

TotalInfinity

Have never seen a kind forum.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2009
OMG, that looks amazing. I was aware of an MMO script for RPG Maker XP, but seeing it work with pokemon essentials is really amazing. Good luck to the project, I really hope it goes well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
OMG, that looks amazing. I was aware of an MMO script for RPG Maker XP, but seeing it work with pokemon essentials is really amazing. Good luck to the project, I really hope it goes well.
Thanks for the positive comments!

A bit of a status update:
I broke the transfering of the player again while implementing the public chat system. >_<
Updates will be much more scarce now due to the fact that the only computer I have access to is an MSI Wind ( a netbook ) and its heck trying to script on this tiny machine.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thanks for the positive comments again!

Status update: I have access to a fast desktop machine, so updates will hopefully be coming back. I have made some progress towards the transfering player glitch again, but now all players appear on the map when someone transfers to a different map, regardless of which map they are on. I have an idea on how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back