• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
1) I wanted to add pictures of some berries
i know how to add sprites of pokemon size should be 64*64
What should be the size for adding berries pallet??
also can it be added in same way as pokemon sprites are added using unlz and fsf?

2) Also is there a link from where i can get indexed pictures of all items(not pokemon)
available in d/p ?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
2) Also is there a link from where i can get indexed pictures of all items(not pokemon)
available in d/p ?

I posted all the items pictures months ago. Even if they come from HG/SS, all the D/P ones are still there. You can find it in the ROM Hacking Resources thread.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Aww damn. Theres no method yet? Looks like im stuck with getting it from a trade edit I made then..

I still have some more to ask.

Whats a good scripting program? I already tried Advance Text, PKSVUI, PokeTronic and probably others but they dont work well..

Advance Text's Insert Dialog Script will freeze the game upon talking to the person with that certain offset.

PokeTronic's Insert Dialog Script, Scriptopho, makes the text go through in a single line, covering the previous other words. I can fix this with PKSVUI, but..

PKSVUI, I tried many of those. I put in a script from the Script Generator but whatever was there before the edit comes right back.

I need a good scripting program (NOT a hex-editing one, I dont know how to hex-edit.)

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Aww damn. Theres no method yet? Looks like im stuck with getting it from a trade edit I made then..

I still have some more to ask.

Whats a good scripting program? I already tried Advance Text, PKSVUI, PokeTronic and probably others but they dont work well..

Advance Text's Insert Dialog Script will freeze the game upon talking to the person with that certain offset.

PokeTronic's Insert Dialog Script, Scriptopho, makes the text go through in a single line, covering the previous other words. I can fix this with PKSVUI, but..

PKSVUI, I tried many of those. I put in a script from the Script Generator but whatever was there before the edit comes right back.

I need a good scripting program (NOT a hex-editing one, I dont know how to hex-edit.)

Look for XSE in hackmew's toolbox in the tools section. There is no better script editor (that I'm aware of :P)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Using a program called GBA2MID, I extracted an midi file from my Emerald rom. Then I changed the key of the song using another program, then created an .s file with mid2agb, but it doesn't work when I try to re-insert it over the original song using Sappy.

After I click on "Assemble That Ugly Thing", a message pops up asking if I want the proper header or something like that. I click, "Yes," then I press the play button, but nothing plays, and Sappy just closes on me. If I open Sappy up again and select the song I tried to insert, the tracks don't even show up on screen, and if I press play it closes on me.

Now can someone tell me why this is happening? And is there another way to change the key of a song than the method I'm doing?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
What is Baltoy's PokeID?! I want to replace its cry with Porygon-Z's -.-

You could check the stdpoke.rbh file that comes with XSE. It has all the IDs, in hex. To converte them to decimal, you can use the Windows Calc, for example.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Well, figured it out already. But Porygon-Z's cry became distorted! The cry became the cry when it faints!

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
How can we add new attack effects in pokemon game?

Like if I change glare to leaf storm using attack editor & when i use it still it looks like glare ,how can i change it?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
You need to clarify more of what you mean, i have no idea what you mean by flashback.
What I mean is when you start up a Fire Red ROM and continue your game. The game does a flashback of some important things you did, right? How do I activate that in my game, except edit the text, of course.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
That depends on the game. Here's a tutorial for FR/LG and I believe that there's a tutorial for R/S/E in the Help menu in Cyclone, though you can probably find a few documents around the PokéCommunity as well.

I'll try to understand it. and thanks for loading it.
after 4 minutes ....
I don't understand it.
can you make it simpler?

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

Does some own have a Patch or a Rom with have been patched with Jpan hacked fire red engery(or something like that) With's have extra OW slots and slots for extra Pallets?

I have try it by my self but it failed then. So if U got it can you send me a privet Messege or a profiel messege.

If this is not allowd sorry then. Btw Sorry for my bad English(i'm dutch)

Some own? or a good explanation?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
God.

Theres a problem I STILL have.

Everytime i enter the Weather Institute, the game freezes. Any reason why this happens?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, figured it out already. But Porygon-Z's cry became distorted! The cry became the cry when it faints!

It might be because the original cry has the wrong bit rate... Try opening it in a sound editor, and changing the bit rate.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
How can we add new attack effects in pokemon game?

Like if I change glare to leaf storm using attack editor & when i use it still it looks like glare,how can i change it?

pls someone knows about a tool which might help????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back