• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I joined the club ages ago I believe! But it was years ago, probably 2009/10 since that's when I got my last shiny! If I need to rejoin just say so but for now I'll assume no if that's okay! :3

Anyways, as I said, I haven't found a shiny, bar the red Gyarados, since 2010 which was my shiny Chikorita, Hibiscus, who's now a beautiful yellow Meganium. I stopped shiny hunting for personal reasons and just never picked it back up. Might have been nice to find a random encounter shiny but no!
Regardless, with the release of Pokémon White 2 and remembering and rereading this thread I'm in a shiny hunting mood again! So depending how long it takes me to at least beat the Elite 4 in White 2, I'd like to participate in either the October challenge or wait until November, though I do love Ghost types so a Ghost type shiny would be nice!

Just popping in I guess to reintroduce myself! I'm hoping I can become an active member, or at least semi-active, but if I don't then feel free to forget me. I always struggle with forums and the "being social" thing in general!

On that note, does anyone know of any cute black or orange shinies I can look for? Also, congrats to everyone who got a shiny in the 2 years I was gone, I don't think I need to list them!

Cacnea comes to mind for Orange shinies, but other than that, i really have no idea. Check Serebii's page's for that

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
Hi peeps!

I got the fourth medal yesterday in white 2, slow and steady for me. Nothign shiny yet, but I really didn't hunt for any either.. so..

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2013
Hee ;) i just starting hunting. Can Somebody give my some tips <_< i am hunting on a shiny tepig btw

Can you ppl help me? XD :P

Last edited:
Years
Hee ;) i just starting hunting. Can Somebody give my some tips <_< i am hunting on a shiny tepig btw

Can you ppl help me? XD :P

Let's see, you can always SR on BW or BW2, however, those take quite a bit of time, so you're best bet is probably Masuda Methoding. if you don't know what that is, it's breeding a pokemon from a different language game with a pokemon from your game. (i.e japanese ditto and english tepig)

This increases the odds from 1/8,192 to 1/1366. If you go this root, make sure you have a pokemon in your party with either magma armor or flame body to increase the hatching speed.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I was looking for a female Combee to evolve for my Unova Dex, and then I felt it coming... then... Boom.

383423_433339226728113_1517636986_n.jpg

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7AE1EHOFt4

Yeah... the Nature isn't the best, but I'm gonna use this guy as a False Swiper later. I've always wanted one of these because of the amazing color. It's ridiculous.

So.. yeah. Another RE shiny for me.

Back to filling up the Dex.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
In order for National Pokedex to be complete, none of the event Pokemon from any Generation are needed.

That's good to hear. The one non-legendary Pokémon that I don't have is Spiritomb, but I will probably find one on the Dream Radar soon.

Welcome back, Lunafloon!

Welcome to the club, WhiteAce!

Congrats on the shiny Pinsir, DDD'SSCEPTILE!

I've spent the last two days trying to catch Volcarona with a Timid nature on Black 2, but I've had no luck. I've caught at least one with almost every nature, maybe every nature, except for Timid. I think I've caught six with a Jolly nature. The natures that appear the most are those that reduce Sp. Attack or boost Attack, which are the worst. I have five badges so far. Once (if?) I find what I'm looking for I will fly back to Driftveil City and head towards route 6. I've encountered over 1,000 wild Pokémon so far.

Years
Back again with a question! That's if anyone sees it, hasn't been a post for 2 day :0
Couldn't think of a better place to ask this than on a shiny hunters club full of people who love shinies but what are your thoughts on the Shining Charm? Who's going to get one? I hope I got the name right >3<

Right now, I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, I've always wanted to complete the Pokédex but I've never had any real motivation since the rewards you get aren't amazing. Now, I finally have a reason to complete it! And encountering more shinies would be fun, since shinies are quite fun to just collect, even if you never use them, and I only have 6 right now...
On the other hand, I feel kinda conflicted. I'm worried finding more shinies or making them easier to find might ruin the fun, and that they won't be as special or as exciting as finding a 1/8000 something shiny would be. I mean, the Pokéradar plus RNG already make it easier, and the Masuda Method does too though I believe not so much, but I've never used this methods out of either laziness or just never really getting round to it. So I dunno, it's weird to explain but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet! I don't want to feel like I'm cheating myself out of the fun of finding shinies...
Would be nice to hear everyone elses thoughts, maybe help me make a conclusion too?

As for shiny hunting, still working on completing White 2 first! Having a bad cold and generally being indecisive about my team is slowing me down, I'm getting there though!
Thinking that Numel might be the first one I go for, just because I think Camerupt is strangely adorable, and I need to find a shiny, any shiny, to kick my want-ness into gear, since 2 years has made me forget how exciting it can be to find one! However, maybe if I'm lucky a RE shiny will appear on my playthroughs anyways? We'll see!
I write too much I know ;D

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Im going to get the charm, but I wont count any shiny Pokemon I find with it towards this club, Im inly going to use it to have a better chance of filling someones request in my shop as a shiny. My hunting will still be on white version 1.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I think the Shiny Charm is a nice reward for completing the Pokédex, which is something very hard to do, and something that I will probably never accomplish. Even with the charm it's still hard to get a shiny, IMO. You could get 1/64 on G/S/C if you bred with a shiny parent, so it used to be a lot easier. I'll probably just hatch eggs on White, because the IV checker was removed from the Battle Subway in B/W2. :(

I got the Volcarona I wanted a few hours after my last post. SRing went a lot easier with the DW Deerling. I got a Jolly female on only the second attempt. :) I just made my way through Chargestone Cave and will soon be in Mistralton City. Tynamo took a lot longer to find than on White. I think I encountered 200-300 wild Pokémon in the cave before I found a Tynamo. I came across a second one soon after.

This week's random hunt is... Mime Jr./Mr. Mime!

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
The Shining Charm seems to be something for me, as the normal likelihood of me running into a shiny is like 1/999999999. With the Charm and MMing combined, me finding a shiny might become an annual thing.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
(Holy bajeezus I still exist!)
I agree. The shiny charm is a nice reward for completing the pokedex. I cracked down hard once I finished the story and achieved my goal yesterday. 649/649 and now I am running around dragonspiral trying to get a shiny golurk for my boyfriend. I know to a lot of you it won't count because I am using the charm as a boost. But, honestly, the boost seems rather nonexistent. I know it's supposed to be like 1/2300-somethin or somethin like that but it still feels like 1/8192 with how I have had no luck despite having been searching since last night. Who knows... maybe I'll get some luck so my boyfriend can have a shiny golurk on his game when I get him he gets 5th gen. Or I could couple the round charm and shiny charm with masuda and get him a golett he could actually use... I dunno...
But... wish me luck on my golurk hunt yesyes?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hi! Can I join? :)

I've only had 2 encountered shinies the whole time I've been playing Pokemon.

My first was a shiny Psyduck in Emerald, which when I first found it, I wasn't interested/didn't know much about shinies and disregarded it, even restarting my game. When I finally realised that what that blue Psyduck was, I was like whaaaaat!? *huge facepalm* >__<

My second was a shiny Audino! :D I was mass Audino-killing for exp. when suddenly this purple Audino popped out. It was the first time I ACTUALLY found a shiny and acknowledged it. Best moment of my Pokemon life. ^^

Well, the other shinies I (and probably most people) have were, of course, the Red Gyarados and the shiny Dratini (now Dragonite) Banjirou gave me after defeating him in the White Tree Hollow. :P

I'm not currently hunting for any specific shiny. I'm just going on with the game and waiting for one to pop up. :)

Last edited:
Years
So I was exploring Castelia Sewers in White 2 with Hugh. Yes, Hugh, the rival whose Dewott, in my tests, (in case I found a shiny) could not be OHKO'd by any of my weak team, but could almost OHKO any wild pokemon with Razor Shell. And whose Dewott was faster than my entire team. That Hugh.

After just defeating a construction worker with a Drilbur, I rntered a wild battle. On the right was a rattatta, and on the left was a zubat. A SHINY ZUBAT. I started freaking out, as I knew, I just KNEW Hugh would kill it. I had to try and kill his Dewott first!

First turn: I had my Venipede use poison yail on Dewott. Dewott used Focus energy.
Second Turn. I used poison tail on Dewott again, to no avail. Dewott used Razor Shell.

Rattatta fainted! "Phew"

I then threw a pokeball at a completely healthy zubat. "Stupid!" I thought, "Why didn't I use a repeat ball!?!?"

Spoiler:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
So I was exploring Castelia Sewers in White 2 with Hugh. Yes, Hugh, the rival whose Dewott, in my tests, (in case I found a shiny) could not be OHKO'd by any of my weak team, but could almost OHKO any wild pokemon with Razor Shell. And whose Dewott was faster than my entire team. That Hugh.

After just defeating a construction worker with a Drilbur, I rntered a wild battle. On the right was a rattatta, and on the left was a zubat. A SHINY ZUBAT. I started freaking out, as I knew, I just KNEW Hugh would kill it. I had to try and kill his Dewott first!

First turn: I had my Venipede use poison yail on Dewott. Dewott used Focus energy.
Second Turn. I used poison tail on Dewott again, to no avail. Dewott used Razor Shell.

Rattatta fainted! "Phew"

I then threw a pokeball at a completely healthy zubat. "Stupid!" I thought, "Why didn't I use a repeat ball!?!?"

YAYAYAYYAYAYAY! I was so scared I was going to lose this! I've always wanted a shiny zubat! :DDDDD

Congrats on the shiny Zubat and for capturing it in that tough situation! If I'd encountered it, I would have gone WILD. Once you endure Zubat's weak stats and fully evolve it to Crobat, it's one of the best flying types ever (in my opinion). It being shiny makes it twice the better! :D

Flydro

doobz
Years
Can I join this club? I used to hunt shinies but I quit when I stopped playing pokemon a long time ago. Shiny hunting is really what got me wanting to playing the games again and its cool theres a club for it. I used to have a shiny Swampert, Swellow and Zigzagoon (all legit 1/8192) on my Ruby version, but my lil bro lost most of my gba games and all I have left of my old games is my Firered version that has no shinies on it. But I decided to start all over again and I bought Soulsilver a couple months ago, and I also bought Diamond a few days ago. I've been pretty successful so far and managed to get Cyndaquil (18 SRs) and Eevee (9401 SRs) on my Soulsilver. So far those two shinies are the only ones I have but I think it's a good start. Right now I'm going after my third SS target (Skarmory) and trying to SR for a shiny Piplup in Diamond. I only have one DS so I'm switching back and forth between hunts. I'm really focusing on Skarmory though, I'm currently at 600 REs but hopefully I won't take too long to find it... but good luck to everyone else on their hunts!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Can I please join this club? I have had too many shinies to count in my years of playing pokemon, I would call myself a serious shiny hunter. My pride and joy is my shiny Mewtwo that i obtained after 25000 sr's on my Fire Red, he was the first shiny i had ever truly hunted for :)
My current hunts are exactly 8192 re's in Stark Mountain, 5000 re's in Route 9 on my White 2, and around 16000 for pinsir in Gen 3 Celadon Game Corner :D I'd like to be part of this community, so that I can feel part of everyone else's experiences! I wish you all good luck on your shiny hunting! :D

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Zubat, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Welcome to the club, synerjee, Flydro, and drummerdude776!

This week's random hunt is... Eevee!

I am currently on my way to Lacunosa Town on Black 2.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Wow, this place is still going. Awesome.

Hi guys don't think I've posted since 2009, but I'm Yami. I used to be Co-owner of the Shiny Hunters club and an avid shiny collector.

When I had my DS and Diamond version stolen, which had all of my pokémon on it I pretty much gave up on gaming but I've been sucked back in with the release of Black and White 2.

Unfortunately I don't have any of my old shinys :-\ but best part was hunting for them so I'm back in the game!

Hopefully some of the older members are still here; Metal Mario, ryan, LDD. Either way it's good to be back and it's great to see the club is still so active! I hope you'll all welcome me back with open arms, even though I'm shiny-less now.

EDIT: Just had a look at the front page, its so cool to see my name highlighted with the other guys I knew, seems the torch has been passed on though! I'm liking the yearly/monthly quests. It's a nice idea gutted we never thought of it when we were active, although we didn't have access to the first page haha.

Last edited:
Back