• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
On Pokemon Yellow I always struggled with the gym fight against Sabrina, if it wasn't getting to her it was always my poorly levelled team, so glad I have grown wiser since then! xD

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Years
Mt. Moon and endless Zubat hordes, Sabrina's Gym, as well as trying to navigate through Rock Tunnel without flash. -_-

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Brock! Truly annoying Onix in yellow.

Also, the water route connecting Pallet- Cinnabar- Seafoam Islands- Fuchsia. I always hate water routes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
1. Rock Tunnel. Oh my God, that thing sucks. I wish I could just through it without HAVING to worry about catching ten different Pokemon and then having to travel all the way through Diglett Cave just to get Flash, travel all the way back, and then have to find a Pokemon to learn Flash, teach it to it, and etc etc rant rant blah blah. It just sucks, period.

2. The route connecting Lavender Town to Fushia Cit. man that thing is annoying. Trainers every two and a half steps, and if you're using an emulator with hyper speed, it's even more annoying.

3. Victory Road. Stupid.strength. I hate moving those boulders onto those switches. it's ridiculous. Plus you get a wild Pokemon every step while pushing it that you can't run away from which makes it even MORE fun.

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
For me originally was the difficulty of the game, especially Yellow. I was only around 7-8 playing this game. I found it to be hard, but I never gave up. I just tried again.

123agumon

Sir Spoonerism
Years
It would have to be:

3) The Pokemon Mansion
2) Silph Co.
1) Seafoam Islands

I have terrible, terrible memories of trying to get to Articuno, even with a guide. (Fail)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 25, 2012
Honestly, the storage system and how it worked was very annoying to me. It's so much more convenient nowadays.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Getting into a fight with 1 pokemon left, winning that fight but your poisoned and your advancing to the next town, a pokemon center in sight and your last pokemon faints and you go all the way back to the last town.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Definitely Silph Co. I somehow felt obligated to fight every Team Rocket member there, so I would quite literally wander around for hours just to confirm that I did.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2012
Mt. Moon, Seafoam Islands, The Safari Zone and The Unknown Dungeon. Seriously, I've played RBY dozens of times and I still manage to get lost. Naturally, I'm always all, "I've played through this game so many times, I won't get lost. I don't need to look at the guide", and then twenty minutes later, "I'm lost forever!"

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2020
Rock Tunnel. Basically because the first time I played I didn't know about the flash HM and I had to go through it without seeing a thing lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Rock Tunnel, the Storage System, and particularly Fuschia City's Gym for me. Particularly the Gym though due to how underleveled I was at the time not to mention I was going through Antidotes faster than a fat man goes through toilet paper after 10 bowls of chili.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
The unstableness of the game. Shutting off while it's saving tends to lead to some really weird things. :| By accident, obviously. (Okay, the first time) It's annoying how it can be so unstable, but it's better than crashing.

Wait, I have to choose something from the game? Storage Boxes. Hate them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
I think everyone agrees upon Rock Tunnel.Besides that, I'd say the only thing I think the game could have improved on was the general flow. There are many moments where the player has to guess where to go and what to do, and many times younger children get stuck (This is why I think most non-veterans refuse to play these games). A prime example would be the guards posted around Saffron City. The soda machines? Really? Come on, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back