• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Are you the thread or the needle?

Are you the thread or the needle?

• I'm the needle!

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • I'm the thread!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I'm a balance of both.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Quite a simple question here but I'll elaborate! Basically, are you a member who is most actively known to create more threads than post? Or are you the other way around entirely; posting more than creating threads? Which do you find more satisfying? A detailed post or a popular thread of yours? Are you the needle and prefer to pin point your stance on a subject, or the thread who is more likely to weave out one for others to answer?

Personally, I think I'm quite balanced between the two, however I do have to admit that I might post a little more than I create discussions. Mainly because I find posting much easier, rather than presenting a topic and questions to spur discussion.

What about you?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm the kind of person who posts in threads more often than making them (is that the thread? I'm not sure).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
So far, at least here, I've only made an intro thread lol. But most of the time interesting topics don't just pop into my head and I never really feel compelled to start a meaningful conversation via creating a new thread. So I'll just stick to posting for the most part.

Honest

Hi!
Years
The fulcrum! I like posting a lot, mostly here in OVP and also in DCC, but I also like making threads a lot, mostly cause it allows me to see how other people think about a particular topic of my choice. It's very satisfying.

Years
I post almost exclusively. It's not by preference. I'd rather strike a balance between posting new threads and making posts. That way there are new things to discuss! It's just that I never have poll ideas these days. D:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Except for the intro thread, so far in the PokeCommunity I have not made any threads yet, every time I think of something interesting, the topic is already made, and not posted on for almost a year, no reason in restarting an old dead topic.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm not a particularly shy person, but when it comes to making threads, I'm the worst. I always feel tentative about it because I'm not sure if the threads I post will get responses, or get few of them, or none at all. I also am a fairly poor judge of a 'good' thread topic versus a 'bad' thread topic, of course sometimes it just takes common sense to deliberate that.

I'm definitely the needle in this case, tbh. I like contributing to a good topic - or a bad topic, depending on my stance - by just posting my opinion/story and hopefully sparking more conversation.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I make too many threads I think so I guess I need to post in threads more that just make them.

to anwser the thread: Defo a needle

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'm the needle because I stab threads with my presence. Sometimes they flinch because I might have stabbed them a bit too hard, but at least I made an impression. Hopefully a bloody impression.

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm a guy who makes threads the same as posts.

Obv I won't have 1,000 threads, but I generally siphon my questions, important or just mundane, onto this website.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I post in more threads than I create, which I think makes me a needle lol. It's been ages since I've posted a thread! I wish it weren't that way, though - I do want to post more threads, but coming up with ideas is hard!

Particularly in OVP when we have so many awesome people who create more than enough threads, it's hard to get up the motivation to try :P

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I used to create a lot of threads, but nowadays I post more than create.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I have seen people with less than 200 posts make more threads than I have ever done. I find it rather hard to start a conversation and I find it easier to jump into a conversation/thread rather than starting them because tbh, I find threads really hard to think up of.

Or I'm just too scared of making a thread which is ignored.

Years
Don't mean to lower the tone but I thought this was a thread about same sex intercourse to be completely honest...

Haha, either way I do like to make my own threads, however I hate it when people get into disagreements on them and all hell breaks loose so I guess I'd feel a bit guilty if that happens... I voted for bit of both!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Considering I've only created 17 threads on PC and 9 threads on Bulbagarden, I would say I'm the needle. I like to post on threads more cause it's a lot easier. I can never come up with a topic and when I do, it's usually been created already.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Don't do much of either, but I do post sometimes but hardly ever make new threads. Wish I was more creative and could type faster, might me more active on here. XD

Back