• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

sit still.

droomph

weeb
Years
If you were to sit in one place for a very long time (eg in a car ride), how long would it be before you had to move?

This is considering you're well rested and don't have to doze off while you sit there. Just, plain sitting.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Id say in an hour I'd have to move, I find it hard to sit in one place for too long, I hate long car rides for this reason.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I always tend to shuffle around my seat every two seconds. I can never sit still.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
If you don't consider just shifting or repositioning to be moving around, then I could go a while without moving during a car ride. The longest one I've been on was 9 hours, but that doesn't make a good comparison, considering we stopped multiple times.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
After like twenty minutes my butt starts to hurt, so then I'd get up and move.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I won't move if I'm asleep lol. (I'm always asleep during car rides but not in short ones ;))

If I'm awake let's say 5 minutes my but hurts haha... xD

Years
Do we count shifting as such? If we do, I often won't last more than 2 seconds. I constantly move about.

But minor movements discounted, I can sit on the same seat for 25 minutes most of the time, but far longer than that when driving or otherwise distracted.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have a hard time staying still for a long time. I can usually stay in one with spot without moving for about 10-25 minutes and then after that I feel like I must move , shift or re position. 30-35 minutes at the most. Part of could be because of my ADHD , I get bored easily with being in one spot and I feel like must constantly be moving. Part of it is also because my butt tends to get tired or hurt after sitting in one position for a long time.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I can if I want to; it just takes determination. I can sit still if I'm concentrating on something, but if someething is out of its place or there's something I really must do, then I'll definitely fiddle and fidget around.

evking

what
Years
I would sit for hours in a car and on any chair you could find. If there's anything that looks like it's comfortable sitting, sit on it, becuase resting is good!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
About 2 1/2 hours. I only know this because of a flight to Spain that I had recently. Didn't really need to move at all.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
About an hour in and my legs feel kind of dead and I feel as if I need to move around a little bit. It's somewhat annoying, really.

Years
If I'm distracted, I can sit still in a car for hours. Same with at home, barring position changes (at least once an hour if not more). Granted, my answer goes from hours to minutes if we're not counting shifting around a little.

If I'm not distracted, I'll probably be like "why am I stuck here I gotta mooooooove". Also I'll then have to think I have to pee the whole time because that's what I do when I'm stuck on a long car ride. D:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm absolutely fine with sticking in one place for a long time. I do it all the time be it sitting on the couch, lying in bed all day (my fave), or being stuck in a car or in class or something. I don't even fidget all that much.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm very used to road tripping, as I did it the first seven years of my life nearly non-stop, so I'm well-suited to sit in one position in the same place for several hours at a time without having an issue with it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It might take me around 5-15 minutes for me to change positions if I had to sit still, but possibly more than that if I'm comfy.

Years
I'd definitely start fidgeting. I can't sit still for too long since everything starts to hurt so I have to shuffle around... a lot. xD; This especially holds true in school, since sitting still while listening to a (usually) boring lecture kills me.

Years
I'd be fidgeting within the first 10 minutes, unless I had something to keep me occupied. The longest trip I've taken was to Ohio when I was a kid, and I took a book with me for the car ride.

Back