• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ Shawn - right! How could I forget that one, haha. Maybe because I didn't have my own character in it for most part of the time :3 It wasn't Begin, Again though. You are referring to Foreigners ;)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Hey guys, just wanted to remind everyone to cast your votes in the RPAs! I realized that this month was shorter, ending tomorrow, so I may talk to Skymin about extending the deadline for a few days to give everyone a chance to vote.

Also, I was feeling a bit nostalgic this morning when I woke up, recalling some of the past RPs I was apart of, so I'm curious and I post this question(s) to everyone:

What was your favorite RP that you were ever apart of, past or present? What made you (or continues to make you) like this RP so much?

Arcanum and War between Pokemon and Humans.

Arcanum was amazing and I loved the journey feel of the land and the situations I put my character in.

War between Pokemon and Humans because of how batsh*t crazy that RP was. No rules applied, logic was thrown out of the window, it may not have been the best story-wise but it was insane fun when it was going on. :p

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
What was your favorite RP that you were ever apart of, past or present? What made you (or continues to make you) like this RP so much?

Oh god, it was something like Pokémon A Kanto Journey and The Dark Pokémon. I'm dating myself back to 2009, but whatever =P Shadow Mike ran it, and he just had a really great story line and he was an active GM. It's a shame it had to die =/

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning for the win! :D

Supervegeta is very kind and very helpful! He made a noobie like me feel at ease and helped me merge into the RP. The RP itself is awesome! I am absolutely addicted to it! The storyline flows nicely and there is a real sense of the unknown as you take your character through the different locations. You really don't know what is going to pop up next. Normally it is easy to predict possible outcomes but in this one you can't. The new twist we just encounter just made it that much more awesome! I am constantly checking my phone alerts for replies so I can post. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
HOI GUYS! I approve said extension on the RPAs. Those who want to get nominations in, please do so! It only takes a few minutes to write something up so if you'd like to get someone's name out there, doing it ASAP would be a fab idea.

I loved a lot of RPs, my favourites being the Uprising, Focus Shift, MISFITs and the original Atlantis Arising. Probably because I had the funnest times and met my closest friends through these. :>

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Definitely, La Storia della Arcana Famiglia! I just loved my character so much. It was definitely the best character and best pieces of RPing that I've done on PC yet. I just loved the ideas of the cards, plus I saw the anime and I was excited for Ozzy's RP. I'm just sad it died prematurely.

I haven't joined a lot of RPs so I don't have many to choose from but this was definitely my favorite.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

Tough question, but probably Atlantis Arising. It was the RP that arguably got me back into RPing after a hiatus and some "part time" RPing. It had an interesting set-up, some awesome characters and a great mythos behind the plot line. It had some great RPers in it as well and I am happy that I still talk to the people I met in that RP. Well, most of them. Red disappears too often.

Years
Okay I have a question solely relating to pokemon RPs.

If you are required to choose a starter, what is your preferred set of options for choosing it.

Grass/Fire/Water cycle

Electric/Normal parallels

Dark/Psychic/Fighting Cycle

Choose a baby pokemon

Choose any, or something entirely different?

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Define Electric/Normal parallels o.o

I'd go for Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle just because it's something newer compared to the original triangle.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Define Electric/Normal parallels o.o

I'd go for Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle just because it's something newer compared to the original triangle.

I don't think that would work though; dark has an advantage because it's completely immune to psychic, where as the other two can still be hit by the opposed type.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I'm new to roleplays, so I was just wondering, what tips would you give to a beginner like me when writing a story update? Like, what should I include, how much should I write? Thanks.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Okay I have a question solely relating to pokemon RPs.

If you are required to choose a starter, what is your preferred set of options for choosing it.

Grass/Fire/Water cycle

Electric/Normal parallels

Dark/Psychic/Fighting Cycle

Choose a baby pokemon

Choose any, or something entirely different?

I'm generally a fan of having a combination of it all. I like having some traditional starters, but I also just like throwing wildcards in there as well for journey RPs. For anything open-ended I think it'd be better just to let people have it at with what they wanted to start with, since they'd more than likely not be starting in a lab be given their first Pokémon.

I'm new to roleplays, so I was just wondering, what tips would you give to a beginner like me when writing a story update? Like, what should I include, how much should I write? Thanks.

I think checking out the stickied threads in this section would definitely help you a lot (especially the rules, click me)! As for what you should include, it's really dependent on the RP you're in. If it's chapter-based, then you would just follow the chapter guidelines of what the GM would want. If it's open-ended I'm not as helpful, but I'd assume you'd be basing off what you wrote previously and what other people in the RP are and go from there. Length-wise it needs to be at least 100 words long (based on the rules of this section!).

Biggest tip I'd give you though is to make sure you're using a spell checker! Grammar and spelling mistakes can make a great post just look...mediocre at best if it's riddled with errors, so always be typing with one in use!

Years
Thanks for the advice guys.

@Fenne-kun - By Electric/Normal parallels I mean a situation similar to yellow where the only options are electric or normal types which are very similar in that both have only one weakness (although normal also has an immunity).

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Where do I actually sign up? read the best way to make a profile, but I don't know where I go to put mine in a reply...

Years
For the most part you put your sign-up for a roleplay in that RP's Out of Character (OOC) thread. Be sure to make sure there is room first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back