• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The only time a new evo or pre-evo of a previous gen Pokémon has been a "mascot" of some kind was Pichu, and that was pretty much just to advertise the existence of baby Pokémon. Hence I find a Sableye evolution being a generation mascot of some kind implausible. :P
Evolutions for both Sableye and Mawile would be cool, although stat-wise, Sableye doesn't really need one

You do realize that GF can change Sableye's ability for its evolved form, so it won't be overpowered with its Prankster ability.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That is what i thought exactly when i saw it today. I am positive it hints towards x and y. They had no reason to release this and there is no episode that shows anyone getting one as of now. Maybe it's evolution if there is one is the mascot for gen 6 like zoroark. For those who haven't seen the poster, you can find it on bulbapedia. in the bulbanews section

B/W season doesn't end until around August/September so that's plenty of time for one of them to catch a Sableye. I can see it going with Cilan since he has a few more gimmicky Pokemon than the others. Brock and Misty are rumored to appear after the N saga so they are still continuing the Unova adventures.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
B/W season doesn't end until around August/September so that's plenty of time for one of them to catch a Sableye. I can see it going with Cilan since he has a few more gimmicky Pokemon than the others. Brock and Misty are rumored to appear after the N saga so they are still continuing the Unova adventures.

They have about 6 more episode left in the N saga and bulbagarden says they are listed as voice actors in a future episode after the N saga. I can't wait. I could see cilian getting it if he stays with ash for the next season.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
they came out with a vid for new eevee right?

There is a Movie Short for Sylveon but that isn't until the Genesect Movie is released in theaters in July. Thats the only bit of anime for Sylveon.

They have about 6 more episode left in the N saga and bulbagarden says they are listed as voice actors in a future episode after the N saga. I can't wait. I could see cilian getting it if he stays with ash for the next season.

I actually misread that part. I thought BW116 was after the N Saga, but that's part of the Kanto Fair where Ash's Charizard supposedly comes back. But still there is a large gap between N's Season ending and the Genesect movie airing and still a few more months before X and Y release.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would love to see a Sableye evolution, however it'll make Mawhile like Jynx, Bannette, ,and Pinsir, their counterparts get evolutions but they don't.

Also if Sableye keeps Prankster in evolution it'll be awesome (Ubereye?)

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hey guys, let's try and keep the topic specifically on the Pokémon and the games, okay? Anything about the show can be discussed in the Pokémon Anime forum.

Given that there are Pokémon who have already received evolutions and/or pre-evolutions without their counterparts following suit, I don't see GameFreak having a problem doing it again should they decide to give Sableye an evolution and not Mawhile. That being said, I would love for the both of them to gain new evolutions together.

Years
Hey guys, let's try and keep the topic specifically on the Pokémon and the games, okay? Anything about the show can be discussed in the Pokémon Anime forum.

Given that there are Pokémon who have already received evolutions and/or pre-evolutions without their counterparts following suit, I don't see GameFreak having a problem doing it again should they decide to give Sableye an evolution and not Mawhile. That being said, I would love for the both of them to gain new evolutions together.
Same here, I don't want to see Mawhile left behind :(

Also I think a pre evolution to Solrock and Lunatone would be nice, maybe they can make a third (a la Hitmon family) called Starmite (after star and stalagmite). Either that or evolutions to them...by learning Ancient power (Imagine Tate and Liza with two more powerful pokemon!)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Same here, I don't want to see Mawhile left behind :(

Also I think a pre evolution to Solrock and Lunatone would be nice, maybe they can make a third (a la Hitmon family) called Starmite (after star and stalagmite). Either that or evolutions to them...by learning Ancient power (Imagine Tate and Liza with two more powerful pokemon!)

Only reason Solrock and Lunatone cannot have a Pre-Evolution, it would be an incense/new item baby. Solrock and Lunatone are both Genderless Pokemon meaning they cannot breed with anything not Ditto. Them making a baby with only Ditto when they are supposed to relate to one another makes no sense.

If anything if they wanted to relate the two, they should have it to where a Lunatone + Ditto can give you a Solrock Egg and vice versa, but the two sharing a baby when they cannot breed can't happen.

New evolutions for the two signifying eclipse would be cool though. Like Solrock's evolution would have a black moon covering it and Lunatone's evolution would be covering a black sun. They'd still be separate families but would have similar evolutions.

As for Pokemon people keep saying are counterparts, unless they were designed to be counterparts like Plusel/Minun and Solrock/Lunatone, or mentioned in each other's Pokedex history/shown to be related like Seviper/Zangoose and the Nidoran, I don't consider them any Canon relationship. So for me, Banett wasn't left behind by its counterpart Dusclops because Dusclops isn't is counterpart, they are just two similar Pokemon, same with Scyther and Pinsir. They aren't close enough by design or origin to be considered counterparts and the creators don't acknowledge them as such either.

Would I still like to see a few of them evolve? Yes, Banett can use an evolution, so can Mawile, though I think it'll keep current gender ratio so no gender specific evolutions for her...

I don't really see the need for Pinsir to evolve just because Scyther did. I definitely don't think Pinsir won't evolve because Heracross doesn't.

I dunno. I can't see many Pokemon getting Evolutions this round outside of Gen 5 Pokemon. I honestly won't be surprised if we get something close to what Gen 5 pulled. Similar but not related to.

I don't want many of Gen 3 Pokemon to get Evolutions just because of how long its been, and the fact that that would pretty much make Gen 6 a copy of Gen 4 with its overabundance of add on to existing lines. I'm good with our Eevee Evolution and I guess I expect at least 5 more evolutions, but please no more than 15 add ons. I want Gen 6 to be nearly as unique as Gen 5 with almost all completely new Pokemon lines.

I'd like to see another evolution for Darmanitan and I'd love to see Sigiliph evolve. Maybe a Stunfisk evolution since he has a very unnatural fan base. XD I mean really. They have had a whole celebration day just for Stunfisk and that has to be the most Random fan favorite ever. I would love a Dunspace evolution, especially one that becomes Dragon/Normal.

A Skarmory Evolution and Absol Evolution would be nice. And I agree that Illumise and Volbeat should have a love child. Lunatone and Solrock would be really weird as it would be the first "Genderless Baby" Which makes it even weirder since the only way to get them would be forced Ditto Breeding meaning they'd have a very weird association seeing as Solrock and Lunatone cannot breed with out ditto therefore ruining the relationship.

I'd be alright with Miltank and Tauros baby, but if they haven't done it by now, I'm not expecting them to ever do it. I do want to see them pull a Roselia (adding a baby and an evolution) with a few Pokemon. Lapras of course. Kecleon and Castform though Castform would be kinda weird. I can still see the baby only being able to do 2 forms while the evolution can do one for all weather types currently in existence.

I'd kinda like to see them extend the Hitmons another stage and give all three a stage 2 form. I'd like to see them add to Jynx and Mr. Mime. I think that's roughly it outside of the rest being mostly Gen 5 Pokemon like Galvantula, Cryogonal, Maractus, Audino (both Pre-evo and Evo), Excadrill, and Liepard.

But I'd prefer if they only did 15 like I said. Cause if they do a double dip like with Roselia that's 30 Pokemon max they could add with a 15 minimum. Which can still be overboard actually.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I would love to see a Sableye evolution, however it'll make Mawhile like Jynx, Bannette, ,and Pinsir, their counterparts get evolutions but they don't.

Also if Sableye keeps Prankster in evolution it'll be awesome (Ubereye?)

The only one who was supposed to evolve but didn't was Banette. Jynx isn't a true counterpart to Magmar and Electabuzz (which tend to be version exclusives), while Pinsir was given a new counterpart in the form of Heracross, which has the same BST as him.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Although I love Braviary, he really doesn't need an evolution in my opinion. It would be really strong, and it would be enormous, so I think it's perfect the way it is right now.

But it could be even better! I'm not sure how it's even possible to destroy its current awesomeness, really. Unlike other Pokemon which don't have great bases to start from...

Years
Yes Monkey evolutions. Hope their hair doesn't become too crazy if they are given evolutions.

Pre evolutions to genderless Pokémon can work, after all Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are both male and required ditto...so they could do something similar.

And as mentioned before a common pre-evolution to Taurus and Milktank so the two can breed with one another and it'll be possible to get a male baby (that'll evolve into Taurus) from Milktank. If not than give them the nidoran family treatment.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yes Monkey evolutions. Hope their hair doesn't become too crazy if they are given evolutions.

Pre evolutions to genderless Pokémon can work, after all Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are both male and required ditto...so they could do something similar.

And as mentioned before a common pre-evolution to Taurus and Milktank so the two can breed with one another and it'll be possible to get a male baby (that'll evolve into Taurus) from Milktank. If not than give them the nidoran family treatment.

Those are all Male with no separate counterparts, not Genderless with a separate counter part. Even if you need Ditto to breed for Tyrogue, you can still breed the Hitmons with other Pokemon as they still have Genders. Male onlys still being able to have children makes more sense and is still possible IRL than a Genderless having babies. (Single parent dads raising their sons)

As odd as it is, Tyrogue is also the only Male only Pokemon with no female counterpart that can have Egg Moves. None of the babies have no egg moves either. A Genderless baby wouldn't be able to learn Egg moves.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
New thought!

Electabuzz and Magmar got evolutions in Gen 4. Up until this point, it seemed like Jynx/Magmar/Electabuzz were a trio, each getting an elemental punch by level-up, all given a baby Pokémon in Generation 2. However, Jynx wasn't given an evolution in Gen 4 (Maybe because of the abundance of Ice types already in the game?). I'd love to see a Jynx evolution added into the mix. I have zero idea what it would look like, but I think it would be a nice idea.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If anything I think Weezing is fine as it is, there's no real need for an evolution and adding some sort of third...head-thing would just look awkward on it. If it were to happen, I'd also expect to see a Muk evolution, but what can a pile of goop really evolve into?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
A pile of goop that evolves into a bigger pile of goop that evolves into the biggest pile of goop known to man, of course!

...Okay. Maybe that was bad, but you have to give me an A for effort, at least! XD

WAIT I FORGOT ONE POKEMON and I am ashamed of myself because I'm a grass Pokemon fanatic and yet I forgot this one Pokemon:

why doesn't Maractus have an evo?? I mean, I guess you can say it's kind of a counterpart to Cacturne, but Cacturne is more useful...I'd like it if the poor thing had an evo so it'd be useful battling-wise.

A for effort granted.

As far as Maractus goes, I don't feel like it needs an evolution. Then again, I thought it was silly to have ANOTHER cactus Pokémon to begin with. I mean if it got one I definitely wouldn't be upset, but I can't visualize it. Cacnea had room for growth and it made sense that it evolved, but Maractus is already rather large as it is. Would it just be a super-adorable giant cactus?

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
A for effort granted.

As far as Maractus goes, I don't feel like it needs an evolution. Then again, I thought it was silly to have ANOTHER cactus Pokémon to begin with. I mean if it got one I definitely wouldn't be upset, but I can't visualize it. Cacnea had room for growth and it made sense that it evolved, but Maractus is already rather large as it is. Would it just be a super-adorable giant cactus?

my solution: resize the sprite by 200% and double its stats. BOOM! still cute AND stats are better. that'll make everyone happy! but seriously, i want a gastrodon evolution, then mine can take advantage of eviolite. =D maybe give it some legs or wings.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
If Muk got an evo, I think it should be based off of the amoeboids from Ratchet and Clank (or the slimes from minecraft, which are stupid rip-offs from amoeboids). If the pokemon's hp becomes half or less, then it splits into 2 Muks.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
my solution: resize the sprite by 200% and double its stats. BOOM! still cute AND stats are better. that'll make everyone happy! but seriously, i want a gastrodon evolution, then mine can take advantage of eviolite. =D maybe give it some legs or wings.

As much as I like Gastrodon, I don't see the Sea Slug Pokémon gaining any legs or wings =P Maybe an evolution from a slug something like a serpent or snake, but definitely no wings or legs.

Back