• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stepping into the pokémon world

Would you leave this world behind?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
If a portal opened up today, letting anyone who wanted step into the pokémon world as we know it from the games, anime or manga, with the promise of becoming a pokémon trainer or breeder or any other such profession BUT leave this world behind for good... Would you do it? Why/why not?

Would you be more inclined to do it if your family or a friend also decided to do it?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
If the people in our world had no memory of me, probably.
And if I could remeet everyone I know in the Pokemon world.. Epic.
But if it was just like I disappeared off Earth and no on knew where I was and I couldn't go back.. No, I couldn't do that.
I'd want either an epic Bulbasaur that was powerful even if I never evolved it, or a Cyndaquil.

Years
If I had to make a spontaneous decision about it (as in, anything less than 24 hours), as tempting as it would be for me, I just couldn't do it. While it would be nice to just throw all my responsibilities away to essentially live a fantasy life, it would be selfish of me to do so, and I've always tried to put others before myself.

If, however, there were a longer timeframe (say, a month) that I had to make a choice, I think I would leave this world for the Pokemon world. That way, it would give me plenty of time to tie up any loose ends that I have here, have one more opportunity to visit friends and family, and maybe even convince some to come with me. Then, when I decided to make the leap, I wouldn't feel bad about forgetting to do something before I left.

Years
I will thought about it for a week and then ask my elders what they want... If yes then I will pack my stuff step into the portal and will pick up Oshawott, Torchic and Bulbasaur from Professor Oak and then will start traveling to fulfill my destiny that is to become an Elite Trainer...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I would be so incredibly tempted. If the pokémon world became real and I had an actual chance to live a real life there, it would be so much more intriguing than staying here.

On the other hand, it's just like Caterpi- I mean Brendino says. I would probably want to tie up some loose ends here first. Many loose ends. Chance is I would change my mind during that time though and want to stay here.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If my family and close friend decided to move there with me I probably would.

If they didn't want to go I probably wouldn't in the end. Which would probably be the most likely outcome considering it wouldn't just be close family who had to come. It would get messy.

I suppose another interesting question would be:

If you could make it so you, your family and close friends all moved to the pokemon world....but they would believe they've always been in the pokemon world and the only person who would know the truth is you. Would you do it?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Even if friends or family don't want to come, I will go anytime, even if it was forever.
By now, many know I would have Oshawott by my side.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I'd definitely go! If reality was better than fantasy I'd stay... Not much going on for me here, more opportunities in the fantasy world! ;P

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'd gather up all my loved ones and shove them into the portal. I'm not going to enjoy the Pokémon world without my family and friends.

Years
I'd be drowning in guilt if I said yes.. I'd leave behind all my friends and family, which would be devastating. I'd be more inclined to say yes if my friends/boyfriend would. Just thinking about it makes me sad. :(

Years
'If you had to decide to go to pokemon world, or-.. Hey, where did you go?!'

Of course I would try to convince my friends and family, and knowing them, they probably would, and get there friends and family too, and we will all be one big Poke family. If Pokemon existed, the world will be a much better place. ;)

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
I will jump in instantly so that my mind doesn't change to stay back.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I couldn't bear to leave my family and close friends behind.

I'd just make them come with me!! Haha! :D

Loved ones aside, there would be no hesitation. I would much prefer the Pokemon world over this one!

Nakala Pri

If my friends and family were transferred there, then there would be no hesitation to my decision. If they weren't... I dunno, as long as I couldn't remember anything, I would be fine. But like BubbleBeams, I am determined and I would bring them with me, whether you like it or not! *pouts*

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
In this world, I lock myself in-doors all day, avoiding the real world, and instead playing Pokémon all day as an escape.

If I were to enter this portal to enter a pokemon world, I would still lock myself in-doors all day, avoid the "real" world, and instead play The Sims all day as an escape, thinking, "Why can't real life be more like this?"

Back